dooddooddood
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same - subbed my secondary 9/4 thoJust checking to see if anyone else is in the same boat: submitted secondaries 7/28 and haven't heard back yet.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
same - subbed my secondary 9/4 thoJust checking to see if anyone else is in the same boat: submitted secondaries 7/28 and haven't heard back yet.
applied prime, subbed secondary 9/4... no II 😭Congrats to those with II and As! I’m curious if anyone who applied to the PRIME program has heard back yet?
they only accept nationally recognized awards or a change to your demographics i think; otherwise, they wanna know if you get in trouble (ie felony or academic misconduct update)does UC Davis accept update letters? I dont think they do from their webside but I saw someone on sdn last year send one in.
i had an update to my citizenship status which i sent in- all they said was that while they could acknowledge my email they cant actutally update my app with any new info so that was that :/ never hurts to try tho!does UC Davis accept update letters? I dont think they do from their webside but I saw someone on sdn last year send one in.
I only saw a slot open for 2/13.For those who got an II in February, how late are they scheduling interviews?
Congrats DO-accepted twin!!I have been lucky to get into a DO school, but would love to attend a UC since I'm in socal. Do you all know how late UCDavis gives out interviews?
No. 😭anybody get any interview invites o_0 quiet week 😭

same- oscillating between hope and delusion on the wrecking ball that is this cycle LOLWent to UC Davis for undergrad, live in the area, and mission fit is perfect. No interview, (yet?) I feel like I'm waiting for an ex LOL Davis where is your loyalty (jk but not rlly I'm going crazy waiting). Should I even have hope left at this point![]()
You have 6 mins actually, I would try to use 2ish off the bat and go from there depending if/on follow upsHi! Random question but for interviews, I know we have 10 minutes but how much time is a good amount of time to spend on the initial question and how much time is good to leave for follow-ups? I just want to make sure i'm going at a good pace
Yes! Received an invite Friday 02/27 via email at 2:51pm. Anyone know if these late interviews are basically for waitlist students? Or do I have a real shot at a spot?Any new interview invites this week?
I don’t believe so. It seems like they extend a few As each interview session and have a lot of As to give (nearly 50% of the interview spots.) At this point they don’t have a full class, crush it!!Yes! Received an invite Friday 02/27 via email at 2:51pm. Anyone know if these late interviews are basically for waitlist students? Or do I have a real shot at a spot?
Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?Yes! Received an invite Friday 02/27 via email at 2:51pm. Anyone know if these late interviews are basically for waitlist students? Or do I have a real shot at a spot?
They sent a save the date for April 17th (Spring Visit Day). Good luck to everyone interviewing!I just received an interview invite for Davis! Is there any info on the admitted student date? (just hopeful thinking and wanting to plan in case it conflicts with any others!) thanks
I’m scared. Interviewed same day+1 IS A!! Interviewed 2/13
IS R 🙁Welp, I was waitlisted... better luck next time, I guess, haha.
Congratulations to those accepted!
I'm sorry. This entire process is a mess.IS R 🙁
Post, interviewed 2/13I'm sorry. This entire process is a mess.
If you don't mind me asking--was this pre or post II?
Submitted my secondary 10/5/2025 (later than I should have) 😑Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?
Was also waitlisted and interviewed the same day !Welp, I was waitlisted... better luck next time, I guess, haha.
Congratulations to those accepted!
I think they waitlist about like 130-150 or something like that right? Last year about like 30-40 people got off. I’ve also noticed that most applicants that have been accepted on admit so far are mostly higher stats people. For last year’s cohort, the average gpa and MCAT as well as hours were higher compared to the year before that. I think all around admissions is just getting more and more competitive year by yearWhy has UC Davis been waitlisting so many people this cycle? Is it usually like this??
I think they waitlist about like 130-150 or something like that right? Last year about like 30-40 people got off. I’ve also noticed that most applicants that have been accepted on admit so far are mostly higher stats people. For last year’s cohort, the average gpa and MCAT as well as hours were higher compared to the year before that. I think all around admissions is just getting more and more competitive year by year
I think more than that get off the waitlist. I think they're conservative with the As they send out because it's hard to predict yield (esp this year with the removal of grad plus loans). A lot easier for them to admit from the waitlist to ensure that they don't over-enroll.I think they waitlist about like 130-150 or something like that right? Last year about like 30-40 people got off. I’ve also noticed that most applicants that have been accepted on admit so far are mostly higher stats people. For last year’s cohort, the average gpa and MCAT as well as hours were higher compared to the year before that. I think all around admissions is just getting more and more competitive year by year
I’m a reapplicant from last year. I remember talking to a lot of the accepted students and they would share the group me numbers and it was somewhere around that number that we believed got off when comparing before April 30th to June, maybe more, maybe less. Not an official source though.Oh no, I hope that's not the case 😳 Where did you get the wait list statistics btw, if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah I mean it’s hard to say. If you email Charlene she’ll tell you that over the last 5 years it’s been somewhere between 15-75 depending on the year. Some years are better than others.I think more than that get off the waitlist. I think they're conservative with the As they send out because it's hard to predict yield (esp this year with the removal of grad plus loans). A lot easier for them to admit from the waitlist to ensure that they don't over-enroll.
Have you checked the Admit org page for UCD? They discussed the trends of post-II acceptances and where they get the data. From the 2025 US News subscription: UCDavis Total: 558 ii >> 242 A >> 139 M. Around 43% received A's post-II. This trend has repeated for several years somewhat reliably.Yeah I mean it’s hard to say. If you email Charlene she’ll tell you that over the last 5 years it’s been somewhere between 15-75 depending on the year. Some years are better than others.
This is also a good resource:
Sounds about right. 35% off the waitlist getting A’s would come to somewhere around 30-50 depending on how many are on the waitlist which is pretty consistent to what it was last yearHave you checked the Admit org page for UCD? They discussed the trends of post-II acceptances and where they get the data. From the 2025 US News subscription: UCDavis Total: 558 ii >> 242 A >> 139 M. Around 43% received A's post-II. This trend has repeated for several years somewhat reliably.
This is just napkin math and lots of speculation:
Of those interviewed, if we assume ~25% of people were rejected post-II, ~25% accepted (25% of 558=139), and the rest are put on the waitlist, then around 35% of people on the waitlist should get accepted.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.