2013-2014 Cooper Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

You can get your own housing in Camden or in surrounding cities and commute in. There is no housing provided by the school.

Thanks for the info!

Just received an email confirming the receipt of my AMCAS application! No secondary though. Anyone else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same email - apparently secondaries are screened here. Makes sense given the small class size and interview pool. I just hope I don't get screened out .. My numbers are on the higher end here but I would love to attend.
 
Got the email about screening/secondary, I'm assuming because I'm not yet verified and therefore can't be screened yet?

Hoping to get a shot here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i believe your app has to be verified before they consider sending you a secondary, saying this cause noggin and i have the same stats and stuff but im not verified.
 

All 1000 characters...

1. How do you match the mission of CMSRU?

2. In what way did you make an impact or difference to a school, job, organization, or person in you life?

3. Tell us something about you that does not come through in the AMCAS application?

4. Ten years from now what do you see yourself doing and where?
 
All 1000 characters...

1. How do you match the mission of CMSRU?

2. In what way did you make an impact or difference to a school, job, organization, or person in you life?

3. Tell us something about you that does not come through in the AMCAS application?

4. Ten years from now what do you see yourself doing and where?

Nooooo they changed their essays from last year!
 
Nooooo they changed their essays from last year!

Yeah, no kidding...and I only bothered to check this thread after I finished writing my responses to last year's prompts. Son of a bitch. They're all such terrible prompts, too. " In what way did you make an impact or difference to a school, job, organization, or person in your life?," get the hell outta here.
 
My letters were received by AMCAS on June 11th and they are still not showing up as "received" on Cooper Medical School's secondary application. Anyone else have this problem? What do we do???

I'm seeing the same issue. I emailed the admissions address and I'll let you know what they respond with.
 
I'm seeing the same issue. I emailed the admissions address and I'll let you know what they respond with.
FYI
"Thank you for the notice. We are experiencing a communications delay between AMCAS’s database and ours regarding the transfer of letter data. We are working to resolve the problem shortly. There are no steps you need to complete.


Best Wishes,
Dr. Dayton "
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my secondary the other day and am working on it as we speak. Very excited about this school!
 
Apparently the first day interview invites were sent out last year was 7/19, which is tomorrow. Well, at least according to last year's thread on SDN. I may or may not be stalking this school hard. Good luck guys!
 
So it says online that my application is complete, but I havent received an email notifying me so. Anyone else in this situation?
 
To those of you who are complete, did you receive an e-mail saying that your app is complete? Mine is marked as complete under the portal, but I haven't received an e-mail saying it is complete. 😕
 
I think I'm going to add this school to my AMCAS. 3.65 gpa, 30 MCAT, OOS but grew up in Philly, so I have strong ties to the area. Think I have a shot?
 
I think I'm going to add this school to my AMCAS. 3.65 gpa, 30 MCAT, OOS but grew up in Philly, so I have strong ties to the area. Think I have a shot?

Always worth a shot and you have better connections than another applicant that is just applying because its "within their range".
 
3.55, 3.33, 25. But I have clinical experience, extracurricular activities, shadowing experience, and over 100 hours of community service. Do I have a shot?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.55, 3.33, 25. But I have clinical experience, extracurricular activities, shadowing experience, and over 100 hours of community service. Do I have a shot?

No, sorry, without an mcat retake, and a GPA boost, its gonna be nearly impossible.