2013-2014 Cooper Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II 15 minutes ago! 3.9/32 OOS. Complete 7/10, I believe.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Prior to the opening of CMSRU, Cooper hospital trained Robert Wood Johnson 3 & 4 year students that were placed in RWJs south jersey tract. That training went on for more than 30 years. So Cooper knows what they are doing when it comes to clinical years. As far as pre-clinical 2 of the deans started commonwealth and they also only hired professors who have been in academic medicine for 5 or more years. So in theory the only thing new about the school is name. They've done their homework on things. As far as what match lists look like you should check with RWJ and see if you can get a match list specific to their South Jersey tract students for the past few years. Hope this info helps.

Thank you for your reply. I have similar feelings/approach to evaluating Cooper. From what ive read the faculty is great and experienced like you said. It seems like a great program. I will check out RWJ match list. thanks!

Does anyone know how many secondary invites are given out and how many people are granted with interviews?

Not sure about secondary but this is from their web site......

"Thirty-five women and 29 men, ranging in age from 22 to 36 years old, comprise the Class of 2017. They were selected from nearly 4000 applicants, 306 of whom were invited to interview at the school."

Interview invite today! Interviewing on Nov. 15th. I'm a little nervous because I was hoping to have been in the first few waves of interviews, but nonetheless I am super excited and thrilled to interview at an institution such as CMSRU!

Interview invite today! Interviewing on Nov. 15th. I'm a little nervous because I was hoping to have been in the first few waves of interviews, but nonetheless I am super excited and thrilled to interview at an institution such as CMSRU!

They're already up to November? Sheesh, shouldn't be hopeful to hear fr here, it seems ...

They're already up to November? Sheesh, shouldn't be hopeful to hear fr here, it seems ...

God, I called to ask a question, the admissions officer sounded short and now I fear that they've already decided to reject me. This process is makin' me CRAY.

Just had my interview dayhere. Incredible experience, very impressed with the school and its curriculum. The patient OSCEs were decidedly not stressful -- they're just a way to confirm that you're not, in fact, a robot. My interview proper was very congenial and conversational. It was a 2 on 1, with 1 blinded and 1 open, and it lasted roughly 30 minutes.

The earliest we can hear back is Oct 15 (AAMC policy), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I guess if we haven't heard yet we are rejected sadly.

Just had my interview dayhere. Incredible experience, very impressed with the school and its curriculum. The patient OSCEs were decidedly not stressful -- they're just a way to confirm that you're not, in fact, a robot. My interview proper was very congenial and conversational. It was a 2 on 1, with 1 blinded and 1 open, and it lasted roughly 30 minutes.

The earliest we can hear back is Oct 15 (AAMC policy), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Good Luck! You truly do deserve getting into here! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Admitted ED last Wednesday. Couldn't be happier! I can't wait to meet the rest of my classmates!

I was rejected last cycle a week after submitting the secondary. I emailed for feedback and got a very curt response saying something along the lines of "there's too many people to personalize a rejection." Shoiuld I bother trying again this time? App is significantly improved with clinical experience when I originally had none.

How many secondary invites do they send out this year?

Hey, I interviewed on Friday the 13th as well. I was the Bob Marley looking guy :p. It was a great group, I loved the format and the tour. It definitely moved the school up to my number one choice out of all of my invites.

Good luck!

I was rejected last cycle a week after submitting the secondary. I emailed for feedback and got a very curt response saying something along the lines of "there's too many people to personalize a rejection." Shoiuld I bother trying again this time? App is significantly improved with clinical experience when I originally had none.

Yes, apply! On your secondary do your best to align schools mission with your career goals to emphasize fit.

Does anyone know how many interviews they give out after secondaries? (IS, if it helps)

Rejected this morning via email. 26/3.7 OOS. First rejection stings a bit.

Rejected today. 3.6/3.3sGPA 31 MCAT OOS. I was complete 9/2. This is my first rejection. Wonder why it was so fast! I feel like my stats are fine for this school and I have plenty of experience...

Rejected too

29S, 3.68, 3.51 IS

Just got a rejection as well. At least we know, huh?

In case it makes anyone feel better, a friend of mine also just got rejected who is IS 3.9/3.9 37 MCAT =P

In case it makes anyone feel better, a friend of mine also just got rejected who is IS 3.9/3.9 37 MCAT =P
This is what I'm talking about. Seems like there's no point in applying here. The rejections seem to be random. Might be based on if you are ironically rich enough to have worked for free for 20 years of your life - I mean, volunteered in underserved areas instead of making money to live.

Well I'm not surprised at my rejection. According to MSARS, they only gave out like 100ish interview invites to OOS. I'm just curious that how many secondary do they send out this year?

Rejected today also. In-state

Rejected today. 3.64 cGPA 3.62 sGPA 31 MCAT OOS. Complete 8/22 but with pending MCAT, received latest MCAT score on 9/4. I had gotten a 26 twice and then got a 31 on the test I took on 8/2. Hoping they didn't review my app before seeing that higher mcat score..

Anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate is here .. ?

Got an II from here late august. Complete around in late july. Stats on MDapps. Best of luck

Rejected as well 27 MCAT 3.29 cgpa 3.45 sgpa and 3.95 post bacc IS

rejected. just had my first interview today, too. MCAT/GPA would have probably been good enough, but not great. I also have negative connection to Jersey

Rejected today as well. Complete 8/25. Lower MCAT, solid gpa.

Rejected as well. 33mcat, 3.7 sGPA..and I have great volunteer experience in underserved areas and much more. Don't understand this school:confused:

Looks like they sent out a wave of rejection letters today. I'll add some stats up here too.

Rejected today, complete 8/1. 34-36 MCAT, 3.9/3.9

Last edited:
I guess if we haven't heard yet we are rejected sadly.

i think they're pretty good with sending out rejection emails quickly.

I got mine sent to me earlier this week.

3.75 sgpa 3.75 cgpa 36 (13/9/14) and 29 (10/8/11)

I was done late August with mediocre stats and I haven't heard anything :/

Can any current med students or faculty comment on what gets you an Interview Invite here? Like I said before, my attempt at reaching out was returned with a big, smug, middle finger.