2013-2014 Panic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But I also think anyone* can succeed on the MCAT even if they are broke (as I was/am, see above) if they study the right way while they take their pre-reqs in the first place.

* provided they grew up speaking English.

For the record, I also did well on the MCAT- but my classist comment still stands. I'd say most everyone agrees it would be/was much easier to study for an MCAT tester who had the luxury of taking x time off from work/school etc to specifically study for the MCAT than it would be/is for the applicant who has to work 40+ hours/school/school + work etc. while doing so.

However, wiloghby, I think you're selling yourself short. Applications are much more than just stats, fer real. Congrats on the high score and your initial interviews!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for starting this huge tangent in the panic thread guys, the silence really is getting to me and I know the only reason why Im getting such slow responses is due to my MCAT. I was never good at Standardized tests (not to say I did horribly on them, a 30 MCAT and altough this was a while ago my SAT was an 1870) by no means are they stellar but they are above average, and it just really pains me about the possibility of not getting into a school because of this (it is to early to think this, but the unshakable seed of doubt has been planted in my head)... *sigh* i just really believe the level priority of the MCAT is out of whack because I don't think it accurately represenets our ability to succeed in medical school and a profession in medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
^ I thought it was a worthwhile discussion to follow/have :D. It's important to be aware of what kind of stuff we're getting into. When you look at the avg income and education level of families, the expenses and all the med school app jazz seems "not excessively unreasonable," (hence the inherent classism) unlike for those who struggle to cover expenses even with aid like FAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I just say that the whole freaking process for getting into medical school is classist?

As a self-made woman and MS-0 who grew up SES disadvantagted (EO1), I've experienced both sides of this issue.

COLLEGE: Even though AMCAS says I'm SES disadvantaged, I grew up in a stable lower-middle class household which meant that I had access to good public schools for K-12 and college, although someone who is truly poor may not have had the opportunity for this. I think my SES status was good in some ways, in that it made me work harder and keep my GPA high and in-state college means less debt than private/OOS, but on the other hand it meant I was working/studying so much I never had less time and resources for snazzy ECs.

MCAT: I know people who paid $1000s for in-person MCAT study courses, but I paid ~$400-$500 for study books and many AAMC practice tests (the latter of which are quite expensive and very helpful) and earned a high score on my first try. I was also working full time and only took a few days off. So I think it is possible to succeed and not spend $1000s, but I also think it is extremely difficult to spend $0 and succeed.

SHADOWING: This is where I'm pretty jealous of people who have family members who are doctors, because I had to do 100s of hours of working/shadowing in order to get my foot in the door.

APPLICATION: I didn't qualify for FAP, so I spent $1000s on secondary fees.

INTERVIEWS: This was the worst part for me. It was financially painful, as I raised the limit on my credit card twice, but economically do-able for me. It starts with interview clothes (~$300) and because I'm female I had the additional salon/makeup/nylon costs (~$100). Plus, interviewing in 80 degree weather meant that I had to dry clean my suit after every interview. I had to fly OOS for all interviews except one, which means ~$400 for round trip plane tickets, ~$100 for hotel (this will be far, far worse in an expensive city and student host may not be available) and the hidden costs of taxi/car rental and overpriced airport and restaurant food (say ~$120). I went to six interviews and if I do the math, had to drop 6*$600=$3600 in a matter of two months.
And the worst part is that there's no FAP or other financial aid available for this, so I can see it's incredibly daunting if not nearly impossible for the truly disadvantaged.

Sorry as this was a very long way of saying that I agree and find the process appallingly difficult for economically disadvantaged applicants!!

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted at 2 schools. Waiting to hear back from 4....

I logically think I should wait it out before panicking, but... I AM FREAKING OUT!

I don't think my interviews at those two schools went poorly. I am scared I will be waitlisted at all 6 schools! Looking at past SDN threads, apparently, people have experienced being waitlisted from 4-8 schools. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I logically think I should wait it out before panicking, but... I AM FREAKING OUT!

I don't think my interviews at those two schools went poorly. I am scared I will be waitlisted at all 6 schools! Looking at past SDN threads, apparently, people have experienced being waitlisted from 4-8 schools. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Think of it this way... you've had six interviews, and a lot of people on this thread have had zero. You're not in too bad of a spot, and chances are good you'll be accepted to at least 1-2 of these schools. ;) I know the waiting sucks, but good luck!

+1!! similar situation and i can't seem to get any advice

As a self-made woman and MS-0 who grew up SES disadvantagted (EO1), I've experienced both sides of this issue.

I'm in more or less the same boat. I struggled with this on my application, because of exactly how you described it - my family was on welfare for half my childhood, but I was so fortunate that my parents went out of their way to make sure that I could at least go to good primary schools, and now my situation (and my family's situation) is much better.

I'm still not sure how to handle it when it comes to interviews. I don't want to overstate my family's poverty, because I recognize that I'm comparatively really privileged to be able to emerge from poverty, but growing up in that kind of environment has had a huge affect on how I think about the world and the kind of medicine I'd like to practice.

In other words - if you have any suggestions on how to handle this kind of situation in interviews, I'm all ears. (Possibly a conversation for PM.)

I don't think I could have imagined how wearing this whole process would be. There's just something about checking your email 10 times a day for 3+ months/getting excited at every phone call that's exhausting.

Oh well, trudging on. Good luck all.

After silence for a month and a half, I'm starting to finally hear back from schools... just not the news I was hoping for. 1 hold, 1 rejection in the last 2 days. :(

At least I have 1 interview to look forward to next week.

I don't think I could have imagined how wearing this whole process would be. There's just something about checking your email 10 times a day for 3+ months/getting excited at every phone call that's exhausting.

Oh well, trudging on. Good luck all.
Yeah. I was just telling my girlfriend today that being complete with most/all of my apps since July has made the last 3+ months unbearable. I jump whenever I hear a new e-mail, but it's almost always Ebay, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, or some other crap. I would even be happy to hear rejections... the silence is just getting my hopes up just enough... and makes it all the more disappointing when I see lots of other people getting interviews on here slowly filling the dates through December and January.

Yeah. I was just telling my girlfriend today that being complete with most/all of my apps since July has made the last 3+ months unbearable. I jump whenever I hear a new e-mail, but it's almost always Ebay, Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, or some other crap. I would even be happy to hear rejections... the silence is just getting my hopes up just enough... and makes it all the more disappointing when I see lots of other people getting interviews on here slowly filling the dates through December and January.

+1. It may be best for us to stop looking at those school specific boards =_=

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so depressed. haven't had any interview invites since 2 months ago. Got one at the beginning of september and silence and rejections since then. and if you look at school specific boards they're booked into next year. seriously .its depressing and scary ;( I want this process to be over.

How about a 38+ mcat and 0 ii ... :(

Saw many people moaning about low MCAT holding them down, I have a lowish GPA.. I was banking on mcat leveling the field a little...just enough for someone to want to talk to me ..... silence and 3 post sec rejections... Complete most schools mid aug -mid sept.. great lors confident about those. All this c...* about all apps being given attention.
This process seems so arbitrary...

COLLEGE: Even though AMCAS says I'm SES disadvantaged, I grew up in a stable lower-middle class household which meant that I had access to good public schools for K-12 and college, although someone who is truly poor may not have had the opportunity for this. I think my SES status was good in some ways, in that it made me work harder and keep my GPA high and in-state college means less debt than private/OOS, but on the other hand it meant I was working/studying so much I never had less time and resources for snazzy ECs.

MCAT: I know people who paid $1000s for in-person MCAT study courses, but I paid ~$400-$500 for study books and many AAMC practice tests (the latter of which are quite expensive and very helpful) and earned a high score on my first try. I was also working full time and only took a few days off. So I think it is possible to succeed and not spend $1000s, but I also think it is extremely difficult to spend $0 and succeed.

SHADOWING: This is where I'm pretty jealous of people who have family members who are doctors, because I had to do 100s of hours of working/shadowing in order to get my foot in the door.

APPLICATION: I didn't qualify for FAP, so I spent $1000s on secondary fees.

INTERVIEWS: This was the worst part for me. It was financially painful, as I raised the limit on my credit card twice, but economically do-able for me. It starts with interview clothes (~$300) and because I'm female I had the additional salon/makeup/nylon costs (~$100). Plus, interviewing in 80 degree weather meant that I had to dry clean my suit after every interview. I had to fly OOS for all interviews except one, which means ~$400 for round trip plane tickets, ~$100 for hotel (this will be far, far worse in an expensive city and student host may not be available) and the hidden costs of taxi/car rental and overpriced airport and restaurant food (say ~$120). I went to six interviews and if I do the math, had to drop 6*$600=$3600 in a matter of two months.
And the worst part is that there's no FAP or other financial aid available for this, so I can see it's incredibly daunting if not nearly impossible for the truly disadvantaged.

Sorry as this was a very long way of saying that I agree and find the process appallingly difficult for economically disadvantaged applicants!!

Much respect to you and your dedication.

As a historical anecdote, medical schools have basically favored the wealthy and upper middle class because medical schools want to filter out certain people. In order for medical doctors to become a respected physician, Allopathic medicine has over the years become more scientific and set higher standards for entering the profession. As a result: medicine has be dominated by wealthy white men for the past century. Only recently have more women been allowed into the field, instead of limiting women to a subordinate nurse role.

WHY did this happen? 1) Gets rid of the competition from Women medical school and Historically Black medical school. Schools who couldn't keep up with the science were lower ranked / less trusted = no patients for new doctors. These schools shut down = less opportunity for everybody else.
2) More money for Allopathic White Male Doctors. 3) More authority and prestige to MD degree when DO and Chiropractors are discredited.

And now you know

How about a 38+ mcat and 0 ii ... :(

Saw many people moaning about low MCAT holding them down, I have a lowish GPA.. I was banking on mcat leveling the field a little...just enough for someone to want to talk to me ..... silence and 3 post sec rejections... Complete most schools mid aug -mid sept.. great lors confident about those. All this c...* about all apps being given attention.
This process seems so arbitrary...

That probably means your essays are no good. High MCAT /good gpa + good LORs, usually = interview invites. But if you have lousy essays then forget about it. OR your lors are as good as you think they are. But also a lowish gpa should be higher than 3.1.

I feel like MD interviews are like a crap shoot, just apply broadly and wait.

That probably means your essays are no good. High MCAT /good gpa + good LORs, usually = interview invites. But if you have lousy essays then forget about it. OR your lors are as good as you think they are. But also a lowish gpa should be higher than 3.1.

I feel like MD interviews are like a crap shoot, just apply broadly and wait.

A negative comment in one of the LOR's can really torpedo your chances, too. The worst part is you won't even know this gaping hole exists in your application.

One would hope that the professors/managers who put in the effort to write a letter for a medical school applicant would only do so if they wanted to help said applicant get in - and thus focus on contributing positive comments in their LORs.

A negative comment in one of the LOR's can really torpedo your chances, too. The worst part is you won't even know this gaping hole exists in your application.

One would hope that the professors/managers who put in the effort to write a letter for a medical school applicant would only do so if they wanted to help said applicant get in - and thus focus on contributing positive comments in their LORs.

This only applies if they like you and actually know you. Sometimes you ask for a LOR but it has bad stuff in it that = rejection.

Just joined SDN to write on the panic thread...

Non trad, submitted secondaries early Sept, complete mid-late Sept...and still no ILs. There's a girl I work with who just interviewed at Georgetown & got her first acceptance, and yet...I have zilch, nada except for 1 pre-interview hold & 5 rejections.

My friends from college keep telling me I'm going to fine, but they are all at Yale/UCSF/Case and are not HELPFUL since they were all like 37s/3.9s (and I'm a far ways from that). Now that interview dates are filling up to January and all the dates even to interview would be Feb, March, when final decisions are due, I feel like I need to make a backup plan but I don't want to make a backup plan... I just want to be a doctor. Period, the end. The thought of a background plan gives me a headache. You know? I told myself that all my friends got magically got it done, so I would get it done too...but now that's not looking to be the case :(

I want to cryyyyyyyyyyy. I can't do anything beside mope and be really evasive when my friends are like, "any interviews yet?" ....People, if something good happens I'll LET YOU KNOW. IF you hear nothing...don't ask.

This is like senior year in HS all over again ("where are you going for school?") and senior year in college ("what are you doing next year?"), only much more heartbreaking...

K. Rant over. Good luck to everyone else on this thread. I can only imagine all your pain...

... I feel like I need to make a backup plan but I don't want to make a backup plan... I just want to be a doctor. Period, the end. The thought of a background plan gives me a headache. You know? I told myself that all my friends got magically got it done, so I would get it done too...but now that's not looking to be the case :(

I wound up taking two glide years AFTER a post-bacc, so trust me when I say I know the pain of the backup plan. But honestly, I think the extra time I've spent with my work will 1) make me a better doctor, what with the science I've made and the lectures I've attended and the reading I've done 2) made me a better human being, since I made new friends, went out and pursued new goals and played with my cat a lot (super rewarding for me).

You're still early on in the process, and this year is wonky due to AMCAS nonsense. Last year's predictions don't hold as much value for this cycle. The best thing you can do is write letters of interest, draft your plan B and find something to make you happy. Your path to medicine is your own, and the reward is just as glorious after a curlicue path when compared to a linear one.

Your path to medicine is your own, and the reward is just as glorious after a curlicue path when compared to a linear one.

I try to think this but the thought of applying a third time gives me the sads.

It seems like this year's cycle is much slower than last years. I've been complete at most places for 2 months and only received interviews from my in state schools. Hopefully, more II come out this month.

Alright guys..let's have a reality check here. When do you think is time to set plan B in motion?

For me that would be hitting the books for MCAT round two and looking for interesting internship/shadowing opportunities. I want to say I will wait till January... But I feel like I should accept the realities of the cycle sooner and move on. If the miracle of getting accepted comes through... Fantastic.. If not, I'll already be on my way for a better round two app.

I just need a solid tangible goal to work towards! That's what's the depressing part of this waiting game I think.

I
Alright guys..let's have a reality check here. When do you think is time to set plan B in motion?

For me that would be hitting the books for MCAT round two and looking for interesting internship/shadowing opportunities. I want to say I will wait till January... But I feel like I should accept the realities of the cycle sooner and move on. If the miracle of getting accepted comes through... Fantastic.. If not, I'll already be on my way for a better round two app.

I just need a solid tangible goal to work towards! That's what's the depressing part of this waiting game I think.

I haven't been following the thread. What exactly is your current situaish?

Sorry you may have to re-take the MCAT. That sucks.

If you're gonna re-apply, figure on a June MCAT sitting as the latest possible date and work backward on how many months you'll need to adequately prepare for it.

I

I haven't been following the thread. What exactly is your current situaish?

Well, here is what this cycle looks like... cGPA 3.45 sGPA 3.3 MCAT 32 (11/10/11) applied to ~ 30 schools and successfully complete at ~24 by mid August. 3 IIs one waitlist and ~6 rejections.

I can't really do a post-bac in time for the next cycle but I still have units left that I could take at my uni. I was thinking of taking 30 more units of science classes to boost my sGPA.

Sorry you may have to re-take the MCAT. That sucks.

If you're gonna re-apply, figure on a June MCAT sitting as the latest possible date and work backward on how many months you'll need to adequately prepare for it.

I have signed up for the May 31st exam. I think I'll need like 4-5 months (with school). But its hard to convince myself to start studying unless I comfortably give up on this cycle.

I have signed up for the May 31st exam. I think I'll need like 4-5 months (with school). But its hard to convince myself to start studying unless I comfortably give up on this cycle.

Yeah, don't put any time into that thing until you absolutely have to. Push it back a month if you can...

Well, here is what this cycle looks like... cGPA 3.45 sGPA 3.3 MCAT 32 (11/10/11) applied to ~ 30 schools and successfully complete at ~24 by mid August. 3 IIs one waitlist and ~6 rejections.

I can't really do a post-bac in time for the next cycle but I still have units left that I could take at my uni. I was thinking of taking 30 more units of science classes to boost my sGPA.

How do you think the interviews went aside from the WL?

How do you think the interviews went aside from the WL?

I think they went really well, I was happy with all of them, but you never know with these things. And honestly, the group of candidates at all interviews were all quality people, there wasn't a single person that I could point out as socially awkward or weird in any way. I had great conversations with applicants and med students. I have come to believe that the whole "once you make it to the interview, if you do well you are in" mentality is false (at least at most school). The interview adds just another data point to your file that intensifies the competition with other highly qualified applicants.

I have come to believe that the whole "once you make it to the interview, if you do well you are in" mentality is false (at least at most school). The interview adds just another data point to your file that intensifies the competition with other highly qualified applicants.

A bunch of AdCom members on here insist that the interview is make-or-break. I have no reason to doubt them, but maybe their comments apply to just some schools.

But yeah, I have a really hard time believing that schools who accept 25 - 33% of their interviewees are going to let 2 random interviewers control the fate of the entire applicant pool. I can see how an outstanding or terrible interview can seal a person's fate either way, but as many here have said, most people are just average-to-good at interviewing (myself included).

I think they went really well, I was happy with all of them, but you never know with these things. And honestly, the group of candidates at all interviews were all quality people, there wasn't a single person that I could point out as socially awkward or weird in any way. I had great conversations with applicants and med students. I have come to believe that the whole "once you make it to the interview, if you do well you are in" mentality is false (at least at most school). The interview adds just another data point to your file that intensifies the competition with other highly qualified applicants.
I agree about the caliber of other interviewees. Everyone seemed to be on top of their game and a great bunch of people in general.

Although all interviewees seem like great sociable people, I think at that stage what is more important in your interviews is actually to demonstrate with every answer why you would be a perfect fit at their school, not just have a great conversation with the interviewer. If you can sell a story about yourself to make your interviewer walk away from the conversation believing that you would fit their class, their school's mission, their values, and their resources very well, then I think that is what an outstanding interview is (along with showing the interviewer you're thoughtful, mature, caring..etc, of course). You should be spinning your experiences to actively show them why you are a great fit for each school you interview at. Of course, I've never been on the other side of admissions to know but it's something I've realized having gone through this process as a reapplicant, and this certainly can't be a negative interview tip at the least.

A bunch of AdCom members on here insist that the interview is make-or-break. I have no reason to doubt them, but maybe their comments apply to just some schools.

But yeah, I have a really hard time believing that schools who accept 25 - 33% of their interviewees are going to let 2 random interviewers control the fate of the entire applicant pool. I can see how an outstanding or terrible interview can seal a person's fate either way, but as many here have said, most people are just average-to-good at interviewing (myself included).

That's what I wanted to believe. Coming from a uni where the premed majors are dominated by seemingly anti-social gunner Asians (please take no offence, my best friends are outgoing Asians and they agree with me on this) who ruin the curves in classes. For example why should I get a B+ in a physics class with a 92? Anyways, I wanted to believe that I could outcompete those guys at interviews... But guess what? No one like them was present at any of the 3 interviews. Which is also why I not surprised that not all 3.8+ 38+ people are getting guaranteed interviews.

Rant over, sorry. Lol.

Just joined SDN to write on the panic thread...

Non trad, submitted secondaries early Sept, complete mid-late Sept...and still no ILs. There's a girl I work with who just interviewed at Georgetown & got her first acceptance, and yet...I have zilch, nada except for 1 pre-interview hold & 5 rejections.

My friends from college keep telling me I'm going to fine, but they are all at Yale/UCSF/Case and are not HELPFUL since they were all like 37s/3.9s (and I'm a far ways from that). Now that interview dates are filling up to January and all the dates even to interview would be Feb, March, when final decisions are due, I feel like I need to make a backup plan but I don't want to make a backup plan... I just want to be a doctor. Period, the end. The thought of a background plan gives me a headache. You know? I told myself that all my friends got magically got it done, so I would get it done too...but now that's not looking to be the case :(

I want to cryyyyyyyyyyy. I can't do anything beside mope and be really evasive when my friends are like, "any interviews yet?" ....People, if something good happens I'll LET YOU KNOW. IF you hear nothing...don't ask.

This is like senior year in HS all over again ("where are you going for school?") and senior year in college ("what are you doing next year?"), only much more heartbreaking...

K. Rant over. Good luck to everyone else on this thread. I can only imagine all your pain...

Don't be discouraged, It's always helpful to come up with a plan B- but I know someone who also finished their secondaries in early september and did not hear a word from any schools at all till mid-late November. I actually remember her thinking that there must be something fishy on a LOR that's keeping her from getting invites b/c her GPA, MCAT, and EC's were good. She ended up getting like 4 or 5 interview invites in the span of like 3 weeks and later was accepted to 3 schools . 2 of them right off the bat and got into her top choice off the wait-list.

Guys,

I just wanted to give some hope to those who think interview season is over. I just got an II today to a rolling admissions school. So it's NOT over. Still sitting on a goose egg of acceptances and zero post-interview decisions though.

Going on 3 months of being verified, secondaries complete anywhere from then to 6 weeks ago. Still NOT A PEEP- one or two rejections, but still no IIs- any advice?

Going on 3 months of being verified, secondaries complete anywhere from then to 6 weeks ago. Still NOT A PEEP- one or two rejections, but still no IIs- any advice?
Go for a run, keep yourself busy... don't worry about it! Schools seem to be awfully slow with invites right now... maybe putting things on pause to let AMCAS verifications catch up to previous years' numbers? I can speculate all I want about WHY it's the case, but your situation is not an abnormal one. Don't stress yourself to death yet... give it at at least another couple of months. ;)

I don't think schools are necessarily being slow with II's as much as I think more applicants are opting to stay incognito in school-specific threads this year. Judging by dates that most people are scheduling, II's at this point seem to be in line with what they have been in years past.

I don't think schools are necessarily being slow with II's as much as I think more applicants are opting to stay incognito in school-specific threads this year. Judging by dates that most people are scheduling, II's at this point seem to be in line with what they have been in years past.
That's possible. Depends somewhat on the specific schools; I'm following a few that are still on November/December invites.

Finally jumping into the panic thread. I applied pretty late and wasn't complete at most schools until the beginning/middle of October. At this point I'm thinking even if I get an II it won't be for at least another month, which means I'll essentially be interviewing for a spot on the wait list.

I have decent stats (3.9 GPA, 35 MCAT) but zero research experience. I'm wondering if I should consider taking (another) year off and doing a post bacc? Or if simply applying early next cycle would put me in a better position. I dread the thought of asking for LORs again or wasting another year. Any advice would be welcome.

Finally jumping into the panic thread. I applied pretty late and wasn't complete at most schools until the beginning/middle of October. At this point I'm thinking even if I get an II it won't be for at least another month, which means I'll essentially be interviewing for a spot on the wait list.

I have decent stats (3.9 GPA, 35 MCAT) but zero research experience. I'm wondering if I should consider taking (another) year off and doing a post bacc? Or if simply applying early next cycle would put me in a better position. I dread the thought of asking for LORs again or wasting another year. Any advice would be welcome.

Wait...why would you do a postbacc? Your gpa and mcat are stellar.....

It would make sense to get involved with research now if you think that's what is lacking on your application.

My personal opinion is that both social awkwardness and match-to-application is judged. Plenty of people overstate their involvement in x, y and z. Even if they get to the interview by doing so and seem like a cool person, if an interviewer can tell people are exaggerating/not passionate/not an accurate representation of their application---waitlisted and/or rejected.

But I mean, obviously plenty else is involved, but I think in addition to judging normalcy/social skills, the interview is also a place to judge authenticity

My personal opinion is that both social awkwardness and match-to-application is judged. Plenty of people overstate their involvement in x, y and z. Even if they get to the interview by doing so and seem like a cool person, if an interviewer can tell people are exaggerating/not passionate/not an accurate representation of their application---waitlisted and/or rejected.

But I mean, obviously plenty else is involved, but I think in addition to judging normalcy/social skills, the interview is also a place to judge authenticity

I agree with this point. A few people I met at my recent interview actually mentioned that their interviewer felt as if the person they met during the interview did not match their personal statement/application (almost implying that 1) either they plagiarized, 2) someone helped them with their app or that they 3) lied/exaggerated about some things on their app.

I wouldn't say the interview is make or break for some people (especially those with incredibly strong applications), but it could be a way to alleviate or raise doubt in an applicant that could eventually break their application. I've come across some pretty weird people, and my "gut feeling" is that there's something that's "off" about them because they make me feel so uncomfortable with their socially inappropriate behavior. LOL

No II still. I'm turning in my DO application as soon as all my transcripts are in. I will also be applying to some of the post-bacc programs that almost guarantee your admission to the resident medical school if you do well.

In the following order for what I would do:

1) Matriculate at an MD school in August 2014 =P, not gonna happen
2) Matriculate at a Post-bacc like Temple, Tulane ACP, Rosalind Franklin, EVMS, that guarantees your admission (super competitive to get into, average GPA/MCAT almost MD material)
3) Matriculate at a D.O. school
4) Reapply normally to both MD and DO next cycle (don't want to do this, too much of a gamble! I can't take the stress anymore lol)

No II still. I'm turning in my DO application as soon as all my transcripts are in. I will also be applying to some of the post-bacc programs that almost guarantee your admission to the resident medical school if you do well.

2) Matriculate at a Post-bacc like Temple, Tulane ACP, Rosalind Franklin, EVMS, that guarantees your admission (super competitive to get into, average GPA/MCAT almost MD material)
4) Reapply normally to both MD and DO next cycle (don't want to do this, too much of a gamble! I can't take the stress anymore lol)

That's a good list and I have been considering a similar "order" lately. You have better stats than me though!

I honestly just don't understand how you don't have any II's

My first II wasn't until Christmas Eve. I ended up having 3 total--all successful with meh stats.

Just for you worried types.

Reactions: 2 users