-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Emory University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah. I can confirm that the tab means that you were accepted and it is not a mistake. The letter points you to the portal to accept. Also, I am super humbled to have been accepted here.
Just got my letter!! So happy right now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Just checked the tab, still no letter for me though
GREAT!! Congratulations!Got the acceptance letter just now! They mailed them out on Friday!
halloween did well for us!Congrats to everyone who was accepted and especially to those I met on 10/31 for the interview.
Also wondering!any current med students who got passed up on 1+ rounds of acceptances ever hear back later? got passed up on x2 rounds of acceptances (interviewed in Sept) so i was wondering if theres a chance.
+3. Interviewed in Sept. and passed over times 2. Thinking that it's very unlikely that Emory will accept me. 🙁. Had a great interview, or so I thought. I'm beginning to think it's about the numbers and not the "holistic" admissions process as they claim.Also wondering!
I've been passed over twice since interviewing and I have stats above their 90th percentile for acceptees, so I can assure you it's not only about numbers. I too felt that I had a great interviewing experience.+3. Interviewed in Sept. and passed over times 2. Thinking that it's very unlikely that Emory will accept me. 🙁. Had a great interview, or so I thought. I'm beginning to think it's about the numbers and not the "holistic" admissions process as they claim.
+3. Interviewed in Sept. and passed over times 2. Thinking that it's very unlikely that Emory will accept me. 🙁. Had a great interview, or so I thought. I'm beginning to think it's about the numbers and not the "holistic" admissions process as they claim.
I've been passed over twice since interviewing and I have stats above their 90th percentile for acceptees, so I can assure you it's not only about numbers. I too felt that I had a great interviewing experience.
+1. I interviewed in September, have great numbers (LizzyM > 80) and thought my interviews went great. I wasn't fazed when I was passed up the first time, but now I'm realizing-- based off of the talk on this thread-- that non-acceptances are tantamount to silent rejection. Whatever it is they are looking for, it's not just numbers.
Any november interviews hear back yet? I feel like that would have been super quick turnaround though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the interview day they give out a sheet saying what interview dates are decided upon when!Any november interviews hear back yet? I feel like that would have been super quick turnaround though.
I was complete way back in July and still haven't heard anything from Emory. My stats are right in line with Emory so I was hoping for at least an II. At this point, should I take their silence as a rejection?
Never lose faith--I thought the same thing. I was complete mid-July but I just received an interview invite a week or so ago. The date was for early December too, so they still have quite a bit of slots to fill up for the next 3-4 months. It's not over until it's over!I was complete way back in July and still haven't heard anything from Emory. My stats are right in line with Emory so I was hoping for at least an II. At this point, should I take their silence as a rejection?
Yea I know. The sheet just says you could hear back on any acceptance date after your interview. I was just wondering whether they actually reached the November interviewees since it seems they reached 10/31.On the interview day they give out a sheet saying what interview dates are decided upon when!
At my early Nov. interview day, she said we were eligible to hear back on the Nov. 24th date. She also mentioned that sometimes they don't stick to plan, though, and people can be pushed back to later cycles because of timing. So I'm also curious about whether other Nov. interviewees have been accepted.Yea I know. The sheet just says you could hear back on any acceptance date after your interview. I was just wondering whether they actually reached the November interviewees since it seems they reached 10/31.
Could someone who has interviewed already tell me if a lot of people actually wore sneakers on the walking tour? What about ladies? It does feel odd wearing sneakers, and I was thinking about bringing a pair of flats instead (I run outside in my sneakers, and they're not super clean...)
I was complete July 14, and just recently got the invitation to interviewWhat complete dates are they sending interview invites out to right now? I was complete mid August and haven't heard anything.
I brought a pair of flats. Didn't see anyone in sneakers on my interview day (n = 1, though... and i'm sure they wouldn't mind if you did wear sneakers)Could someone who has interviewed already tell me if a lot of people actually wore sneakers on the walking tour? What about ladies? It does feel odd wearing sneakers, and I was thinking about bringing a pair of flats instead (I run outside in my sneakers, and they're not super clean...)
On my interview day, none of the men changed into sneakers, but a few of the women did.Could someone who has interviewed already tell me if a lot of people actually wore sneakers on the walking tour? What about ladies? It does feel odd wearing sneakers, and I was thinking about bringing a pair of flats instead (I run outside in my sneakers, and they're not super clean...)
On my interview day, none of the men changed into sneakers, but a few of the women did.
I brought a pair of flats. Didn't see anyone in sneakers on my interview day (n = 1, though... and i'm sure they wouldn't mind if you did wear sneakers)
Thanks! I'm thinking flats are a safe bet then.
Is there anyone who has the Admission Offer tab but still doesn't have a letter? I have the tab but still no letter. I'm starting to wonder if it got lost in the mail. Or maybe the tab is just a mistake on my profile. I'm trying so hard to be patient! 🙂
II (MD/MPH) about 30 minutes ago, complete late July... there's still hope lol
Last edited:
Shout out to my favorite interview so far. Thrilled by the school and loved meeting the adcom and other applicants.
I just interviewed here yesterday and it was a blast. June Eddingfield (Associate Director of the Office of Admissions) is simply the most wonderful person on any admissions committee I've met. And the tour is so comprehensive and thorough, it's definitely tiring but you see a ton of great stuff. I really loved the whole day!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just interviewed here yesterday and it was a blast. June Eddingfield (Associate Director of the Office of Admissions) is simply the most wonderful person on any admissions committee I've met. And the tour is so comprehensive and thorough, it's definitely tiring but you see a ton of great stuff. I really loved the whole day!
I agree. June and Ira made me really want to go there.
Just received an II yesterday, if anyone else is still holding out hope! Complete late August.
6
632460
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Interviewing here soon. Does anyone know if the interviews are open or closed file? Having trouble finding any information. Thanks!
Open file for the 1:1i believe. I forget about the 3:3Interviewing here soon. Does anyone know if the interviews are open or closed file? Having trouble finding any information. Thanks!
Congratulations & Good Luck to you in the interview. Do you mind sharing your stats? I was complete around 20th August and haven't heard anything as yet. ThanksJust received an II yesterday, if anyone else is still holding out hope! Complete late August.
LizzyM 75, so just slightly higher than Emory's average. Hope you hear some good news soon!Congratulations & Good Luck to you in the interview. Do you mind sharing your stats? I was complete around 20th August and haven't heard anything as yet. Thanks
My 1 on 1 interviewer told me all she had was my personal statement. They get to see your full file after the group interview and can come back to ask you any additional questions after the interview, but going into it all they have is that personal statementOpen file for the 1:1i believe. I forget about the 3:3
Awesome! .... good luck to you. And thanks!LizzyM 75, so just slightly higher than Emory's average. Hope you hear some good news soon!
I was told that the medical school interview was 2 days. One on Monday, and the other one on Wednesday. Does anyone know what this means if it's not for MD/PhD? Is it usually a two day process?
I also heard that the first day was a one on one interview, while the second day was a group interview. Is this usually how Emory conducts their interviews? ANY feedback would be super helpful! Thanks!
I also heard that the first day was a one on one interview, while the second day was a group interview. Is this usually how Emory conducts their interviews? ANY feedback would be super helpful! Thanks!
Ummm emory (for MD only, not sure about MD/PhD) has a one day interview. And it has a 1:1 interview and a group interview. In the same day.I was told that the medical school interview was 2 days. One on Monday, and the other one on Wednesday. Does anyone know what this means if it's not for MD/PhD? Is it usually a two day process?
I also heard that the first day was a one on one interview, while the second day was a group interview. Is this usually how Emory conducts their interviews? ANY feedback would be super helpful! Thanks!
I was told that the medical school interview was 2 days. One on Monday, and the other one on Wednesday. Does anyone know what this means if it's not for MD/PhD? Is it usually a two day process?
I also heard that the first day was a one on one interview, while the second day was a group interview. Is this usually how Emory conducts their interviews? ANY feedback would be super helpful! Thanks!
Yup! ProbablyAPenguin is correct. The MD/PhD interview is two days (some of the people I saw the day I interviewed were there for their second day of interviews).Ummm emory (for MD only, not sure about MD/PhD) has a one day interview. And it has a 1:1 interview and a group interview. In the same day.
II just now. Complete 7/10. I'm most likely going to withdraw, but I haven't decided yet!
I brought a pair of flats. Didn't see anyone in sneakers on my interview day (n = 1, though... and i'm sure they wouldn't mind if you did wear sneakers)
Thanks! I'm thinking flats are a safe bet then.
I interviewed there last Friday. I wore sneakers with my suit and I saw at least one guy in sneakers too. The admissions staff was very down-to-earth about the whole thing. When they saw me changing into my Nikes, they were like "YES. Be comfortable. PLEASE."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a few girls change into sneakers and a few into flats for my tour. It seems like whatever you want to do is perfectly fine. I would recommend anyone wondering to go with what you're most comfortable with!I interviewed there last Friday. I wore sneakers with my suit and I saw at least one guy in sneakers too. The admissions staff was very down-to-earth about the whole thing. When they saw me changing into my Nikes, they were like "YES. Be comfortable. PLEASE."
I had a few girls change into sneakers and a few into flats for my tour. It seems like whatever you want to do is perfectly fine. I would recommend anyone wondering to go with what you're most comfortable with!
I decided not to change and went on the tour in short heels. I definitely caught my student interviewer/tour guide looking at them and judging me a bit for it. I'd almost venture a guess that it's a negative not to change out of heels. I looks like (and I agree) poor judgement not to change into something more comfortable. You don't want it to cross their mind that you had poor judgement.
I'm having the exact same problem Lifeman. Writing admissions an email now.
Thrilled to have the invite though.
Thrilled to have the invite though.
Congrats!! May I ask when you were complete?II just now, but there is no "Interview" button at the top of the portal...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K