2014-2015 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also got a complete email after submitting a couple days ago.
My AMCAS was verified 6/18, I submitted the Rochester secondary on 6/30, they downloaded all my letters on 7/1, and my MCAT score came in on 7/8. I should have been officially complete 10 days ago 🙁
 
Oh. I shot them an email, and I got the complete email like five minutes later. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. :whistle: I wonder if it's just now being considered complete, or if it was complete before but they just didn't send the email...

Anyway. Glad I'm complete. Rochester is in my top two or three choices.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete email on 7/8. No II. This is a school I actually have a good shot at. I'd love to interview here.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all of you with IIs!

Now if only my committee letter can hurry up and be available!

Did you all get pre interview questions you have to submit?
 
I was also complete on 7/8 and still no correspondence from Rochester.

I was complete on 7/2 and @theeraser was complete 7/7 -- maybe they just haven't gotten to reviewing your app (or @phunky 's app) yet! It doesn't look like they've progressed to reviewing people who were complete on 7/8.
 
I was complete on 7/2 and @theeraser was complete 7/7 -- maybe they just haven't gotten to reviewing your app (or @phunky 's app) yet! It doesn't look like they've progressed to reviewing people who were complete on 7/8.
I was also complete on 7/8 and still no correspondence from Rochester.
I was complete on the first and also haven't heard anything. Got the complete email on the second. Don't know what that means.
 
how long after secondary submission did others' LORs show up? The email said they should be there in 24 hours, but I've had 3 days now (still not long, I know.. but just wondering)


Edit: Just marked complete today
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all the IIs! I just became complete today, so hopefully I hear something within the next couple of weeks.
 
Not essays just list some activities for interviewer to talk about... wouldn't stress until you get it

Amad01, there are two short essay questions in addition to the list of activities. You have until one week before the interview to complete them.
 
Thought I would share since I have been lurking 🙂
Complete 7/2
Interview Invite 7/17
Stats: 4.0 GPA/ 36 MCAT / oos
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got interviews what approach are you taking with the biggest problem question (broad vs specific). Im thinking about having a broad answer like low outcomes for a lot of money and then talking about the specific causes and how we might fix them during the interview. Just curious to see what others opinions are. Thanks!
 
Out of curiosity, for those receiving IIs, do you remember if you checked any of the activity boxes on the secondary? Just curious if that is affecting who is getting IIs first.

Oh, and congrats to all who have gotten IIs so far!!
 
Out of curiosity, for those receiving IIs, do you remember if you checked any of the activity boxes on the secondary? Just curious if that is affecting who is getting IIs first.

Oh, and congrats to all who have gotten IIs so far!!

Nope. Didn't check any.