You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Excited to apply to Morehouse. URM and OOS. Everyone be great.
URM. Already sent my app in! Good luck to you all
Underrepresented minority, IE hispanic, african american, native american
has anyone got a secondary yet?
.
Secondaries weren't sent out until the first week of August, according to last year's thread.has anyone got a secondary yet?
Thanks for the explanation!Underrepresented minority, IE hispanic, african american, native american
D
deleted702292
Thanks for this info! Puts me at ease.Secondaries weren't sent out until the first week of August, according to last year's thread.
Does anyone know the secondary prompt from last year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Essay Topics ('14 - '15)Does anyone know the secondary prompt from last year?
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page.
I've been verified but have not received an email yet.For those that have been verified by AMCAS, has anyone received an email from Morehouse, stating that your primary app has been received?
D
deleted697225
Received a secondary app.
are you instate or OOS, do you mind sharing stats?Received a secondary app.
D
deleted697225
are you instate or OOS, do you mind sharing stats?
OOS. I had a pretty average score on 2015 MCAT, but i'm retaking it in a few weeks
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted697225
I believe you have to mail in a photo but I have to go back and check to be sure
Secondary!
secondary!
Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections in item #12:
How in depth are you guys going for this question? I don't want to sound redundant or take away ideas from my main essay at the end.
How in depth are you guys going for this question? I don't want to sound redundant or take away ideas from my main essay at the end.
Could you share the prompts, please?Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections in item #12:
ITEM 12 . Identify the one type of medical career listed below to which you may wish to devote the majority ofyour professional efforts:
Primary Care Other Specialty Care
Research and/or Teaching Undecided
b. Indicate the character of medical practice you presently contemplate:
Individual Partnership Private Group Hospital-based Group
Academic-based Group Public Health Industrial Undecided
c. What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to:
Administration %
Teaching %
Patient care %
Research %
d. In which size community do you think you would like to practice?
Large metropolitan (100,000 people or more)
Small city (50,000 - 99,999) Large town (10,000 - 49,999) Small town, rural area, reservation (1,000 - 9,999) Undecided
Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections in item #12:
--------------
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here
Primary Care Other Specialty Care
Research and/or Teaching Undecided
b. Indicate the character of medical practice you presently contemplate:
Individual Partnership Private Group Hospital-based Group
Academic-based Group Public Health Industrial Undecided
c. What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to:
Administration %
Teaching %
Patient care %
Research %
d. In which size community do you think you would like to practice?
Large metropolitan (100,000 people or more)
Small city (50,000 - 99,999) Large town (10,000 - 49,999) Small town, rural area, reservation (1,000 - 9,999) Undecided
Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections in item #12:
--------------
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here
Your answer should be very concise for each choice, then implement your choices with your essay to align with the school mission.ITEM 12 . Identify the one type of medical career listed below to which you may wish to devote the majority ofyour professional efforts:
Primary Care Other Specialty Care
Research and/or Teaching Undecided
b. Indicate the character of medical practice you presently contemplate:
Individual Partnership Private Group Hospital-based Group
Academic-based Group Public Health Industrial Undecided
c. What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to:
Administration %
Teaching %
Patient care %
Research %
d. In which size community do you think you would like to practice?
Large metropolitan (100,000 people or more)
Small city (50,000 - 99,999) Large town (10,000 - 49,999) Small town, rural area, reservation (1,000 - 9,999) Undecided
Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections in item #12:
Thanks! I will try to keep it as short as possibleYour answer should be very concise for each choice, then implement your choices with your essay to align with the school mission.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a character/word limit for this section?Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections in item #12:
How in depth are you guys going for this question? I don't want to sound redundant or take away ideas from my main essay at the end.
And do they set it up so that each selection is separate or do you summarize all selections in one area?
it is in one area. Item 12 comprises all the answers of questions a, b, c, and d. After that question they ask to explain the reason of your chosises
Not URM, but received secondary. Anyone know if they screen?
D
deleted697225
Not URM, but received secondary. Anyone know if they screen?
They do screen.
just got an application complete email
OOS...adding this school to my primary 
Can someone please tell me what is the secondary application fee? Is the secondary paper or electronic?
Can someone please tell me what is the secondary application fee? Is the secondary paper or electronic?
D
deleted702292
OOS...adding this school to my primary
Can someone please tell me what is the secondary application fee? Is the secondary paper or electronic?
$50 - The secondary is online, but they do include a picture request form that you can submit by post or email. Good luck!
Oh, great! Thanks so much and good luck to you 🙂$50 - The secondary is online, but they do include a picture request form that you can submit by post or email. Good luck!
Hey guys,
I hope the application cycle is going well. I just have a question about the final page on Morehouse School of Medicine's secondary application. The section about a faculty appraisal is completely new to me. I asked a couple of my friends that are med school if they knew what that was. They all said no. Could someone please help explain as to what is expected from the faculty appraisal? Essentially, what is the faculty appraisal?
Thanks
I hope the application cycle is going well. I just have a question about the final page on Morehouse School of Medicine's secondary application. The section about a faculty appraisal is completely new to me. I asked a couple of my friends that are med school if they knew what that was. They all said no. Could someone please help explain as to what is expected from the faculty appraisal? Essentially, what is the faculty appraisal?
Thanks
Last edited:
They mean letters of rec. Option A is for a committee letter, Option B is for three individual letters, and Option C is if you're a repeat applicant and you submitted letters to them last year.Hey guys,
I hope the application cycle is going well. I just have a question about the final page on Morehouse School of Medicine's secondary application. The section about a faculty appraisal is completely new to me. I asked a couple of my friends that are med school if they knew what that was. They all said no. Could someone please help explain as to what is expected from the faculty appraisal? Essentially, what is the faculty appraisal?
Thanks
Complete and ready for review email
Ooh umm, no I don't know. I think they're expecting applicants to send either a committee letter OR three individual letters. I guess if I were in your shoes, I'd choose Option B and list out my recommenders' names. But you can always call and ask!@parachichi do you know what option to choose for committee letter + individual letters?
Submitted my secondary! Woo!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can someone explain how they submitted their picture? I am very confused...
You print it out, passport style, no larger than 2x2, then glue it on the printed out picture form (could be found on the secondary application portal) and then e-mail it tocan someone explain how they submitted their picture? I am very confused...
[email protected]
I just added the image in using PDF viewer, u can add images to PDFs, atleast on a mac I could@MD/DO_2016 do you know if there is a way to upload the picture directly, without printing it out and pasting it? Like just send the file directly through email?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
