2025-2026 Morehouse

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

+1 IS A! I got the call on saturday from my interviewer.
Does anyone know how long it takes to update the portal or receive an official letter?

Good luck to everyone applying you can do it. Keep persevering. I was waitlisted two years ago. Now I can finally sleep.
When were you interviewed? 10/31?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like we are going to be placed on the waitlist if we didn't receive a call. Thats what happened to the other's that got waitlisted. Apparently they don't send an email if you are placed on the waitlist so we have to check the portal everyday till it shows up there.
dang
 
Relax guys, the Dean manually calls when you get accepted. He usually does it at night so if he did it on Saturday then you might also get a call today and tomorrow, the last batch of acceptances in October was a 3 day stretch. He calls at night so keep your phones on. I would say if you don't get a call by Wednesday or Thursday then unfortunately you might have gotten placed on the waitlist.
 
+1 IS A! I got the call on saturday from my interviewer.
Does anyone know how long it takes to update the portal or receive an official letter?

Good luck to everyone applying you can do it. Keep persevering. I was waitlisted two years ago. Now I can finally sleep.
Congratulations!
 
+1 IS A! I got the call on saturday from my interviewer.
Does anyone know how long it takes to update the portal or receive an official letter?

Good luck to everyone applying you can do it. Keep persevering. I was waitlisted two years ago. Now I can finally sleep.
What time of day did you receive the call?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For current students and/or anyone who may have some insights on this: I was recently waitlisted at MSM and I am learning through older posts on SDN/google searches that it's common for many applicants to get off the waitlist in late spring/early summer. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I am super thankful to still be under consideration for MSM but I just want to be realistic with my hopes and expectations. Thanks everyone and good luck to you all.
 
Hey everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and also to those who have been waitlisted (you all still have a pretty good chance of getting in)!

I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on or before October 17th is still waiting to hear back news? Thanks!
 
For current students and/or anyone who may have some insights on this: I was recently waitlisted at MSM and I am learning through older posts on SDN/google searches that it's common for many applicants to get off the waitlist in late spring/early summer. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I am super thankful to still be under consideration for MSM but I just want to be realistic with my hopes and expectations. Thanks everyone and good luck to you all.
I can say pretty confidently they accept 50% of their waitlist. All the way up to the day before orientation. Stay hopeful!
 
Congrats to everyone with As!!..Is Morehouse done sending II? I was complete on 9/9, and it looks like they frontload II per Cycletrack
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those invited to interview, how much later was the next available interview date from the day you received the invitation? At the moment, seems the next available interview date is March.
 
what type of questions to they ask during interviews?
It’s completely interview dependent, my first interviewer was very nice and asked specific ones based on my application; my second interviewer didn’t ask any questions and lectured me on the things wrong with my app instead, i think that one was a stress test to see how I would respond but i’m not sure.
 
It’s completely interview dependent, my first interviewer was very nice and asked specific ones based on my application; my second interviewer didn’t ask any questions and lectured me on the things wrong with my app instead, i think that one was a stress test to see how I would respond but i’m not sure.
Same for me tho my 2nd one wasn't as bad as yours sounds
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got back home from my interview today. I loved the entire experience so much. Both my interviews just felt like a good, in-depth conversation about the state of medicine, ethics, and other interesting topics. Good luck to everyone! I hope y'all get to interview here or are accepted if you want to go there. Morehouse is such a supportive and compassionate community.
 
For those of you that have interviewed or been accepted here, any advice? In person seems like such a big change from other interviews. Also, did faculty mention anything about when classes would start? I'm hoping they start classes before July 1st 2026 so that the Ms1's of 2026 (class of 2030) can be grandfathered into eligibility for GradPlus loans. I'm sure it would be a tremendous help for those who end up attending school here.
 
Last edited: