You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Morehouse
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
abcde3f12345
New Member
I truly enjoyed the in-person format. It was extremely laid back and friendly. I would advise you to be yourself (they want to know you for who you truly are) and do not hesitate to ask faculty or students any questions that you may have!For those of you that have interviewed or been accepted here, any advice? In person seems like such a big change from other interviews. Also, did faculty mention anything about when classes would start? I'm hoping they start classes before July 1st 2026 so that the Ms1's of 2026 (class of 2030) can be grandfathered into eligibility for GradPlus loans. I'm sure it would be a tremendous help for those who end up attending school here.
Classes start July 1st
802/9quesadilla
Full Member
Yeah, interviewed early Dec, sent email about a week or two ago and haven't received an answer. They also did say 1-2 months at our interview but we are going on 3 soon 🙁Has anyone that interviewed in December emailed and asked about a timeline for decisions? Emailed December 10th and still haven’t heard, when my interviewer told me to expect a decision in January.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same. Anyone know what this may mean? It’s getting kinda late…Yeah, interviewed early Dec, sent email about a week or two ago and haven't received an answer. They also did say 1-2 months at our interview but we are going on 3 soon 🙁
Thank you, that's pretty helpful. I hope mine is as laid back as yours was.I truly enjoyed the in-person format. It was extremely laid back and friendly. I would advise you to be yourself (they want to know you for who you truly are) and do not hesitate to ask faculty or students any questions that you may have!
Classes start July 1st
appleandspaghetti
Full Member
i sent an update letter after my interview but never got an answer has anyone else had this experience ?😓
yup same for me lol. at this point I don't anticipate receiving a response that they received my post-interview application update or thank you letters prior to hearing their final decision. unfortunately, It seems it's the norm for med schools not to respond to these kinds of things :/ (for context, out of the 15 schools I sent updates to only 5 actually responded letting me know they received it and added it to my file.)i sent an update letter after my interview but never got an answer has anyone else had this experience ?😓
For the record, they told me I’d hear back in 2 weeks after my interview. I didn’t get in or hear a peep from them until like 8 months later.
like 50% of the class gets in around April/May
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
hi! would you happen to know when in april some of your classmates started hearing back?like 50% of the class gets in around April/May
I didn’t hear back till like may. I was silently WL. I thought I was rejected till I randomly got a email from them in May. And like 50% of our class got off the wl around April May too. I don’t know when in April but just know, it isn’t over until orientation starts in June.hi! would you happen to know when in april some of your classmates started hearing back?
appleandspaghetti
Full Member
+1 A IS🙂
Last edited:
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
+1 A OOS !!! Thank God!! And good luck to everyone, this sub is so helpful. (also decision was communicated to me via email not phone call).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
802/9quesadilla
Full Member
Congrats! What was your interview date?+1 A OOS !!! Thank God!! And good luck to everyone, this sub is so helpful. (also decision was communicated to me via email not phone call).
+1 OOS WL. interviewed 1/23.
bravolebrity08
New Member
+1 OOS A!!
$Occerg0al123
New Member
+1 OOS WL interviewed 2/6.
$Occerg0al123
New Member
were you on the waitlist and then you got accepted off the waitlist?+1 A OOS !!! Thank God!! And good luck to everyone, this sub is so helpful. (also decision was communicated to me via email not phone call).
Last edited:
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
thank you! i interviewed in november, was WL in december, and accepted todayCongrats! What was your interview date?
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
yes!were you on the waitlist and then you got accepted off the waitlist?
EllaEnchanted248
Full Member
+1 IS A and merit scholarship! Interviewed in December
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
Hello!! Congratulations on your A and scholarship!! Was the scholarship info included in your offer letter? And if you don’t mind sharing, could you let us know what your stats are like?+1 IS A and merit scholarship! Interviewed in December
Congratulations! I'm glad to see that there is some waitlist movement.thank you! i interviewed in november, was WL in december, and accepted today
EllaEnchanted248
Full Member
Thank you! My scholarship info was included in a separate email about 20 minutes after I got the offer letter. And I have an LM of 75 (high 51X MCAT and GPA between the median and 75th percentile for Morehouse)Hello!! Congratulations on your A and scholarship!! Was the scholarship info included in your offer letter? And if you don’t mind sharing, could you let us know what your stats are like?
flyingspur
New Member
Congrats!!! Did you send updates or letter of intents after getting on the waitlist initially ?thank you! i interviewed in november, was WL in december, and accepted today
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
Thank you!! No, I didn't send any updates or a letter of intent.Congrats!!! Did you send updates or letter of intents after getting on the waitlist initially ?
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
Thank you!! I am certain there will be a lot more movement in April tooCongratulations! I'm glad to see that there is some waitlist movement.
I'm just imagining a post II-R from here gotta hit harder than any other school cause some of us have had to pay flights, hotels, and ubers just to make it to the interview. Like it is what it is, but I can't lie, it'll be much more disappointing than any other rejection. Idk, just a thought I recently had. Anyone else feel similarly?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maveyey
Full Member
Put it in your post-II survey!! This is important for the school to realize!I'm just imagining a post II-R from here gotta hit harder than any other school cause some of us have had to pay flights, hotels, and ubers just to make it to the interview. Like it is what it is, but I can't lie, it'll be much more disappointing than any other rejection. Idk, just a thought I recently had. Anyone else feel similarly?
Just a heads up if you’re interviewing next Friday and are flying into ATL from a major airport. Try to move your flight to Wednesday if you can to give yourself as much time to get to ATL in case of delays or cancellations. TSA is essentially not funded so lines are long and even at my airport I’ve seen almost a whole day of flights be cancelled or pushed back. I know it’s kind of late advice but it’s just something I’ve been seeing lately. Godspeed.
appleandspaghetti
Full Member
when do financial packages come out?
maveyey
Full Member
Realizing I forgot to write a thank you letter… lemme do that bc my interviewers were rlly coolFor those that sent thank you letters to their interviewers through the admissions email, did your letters ever get added to the applicant portal like they said it would?
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
I believe mid-maywhen do financial packages come out?
Wonderfulwizard2026
Full Member
yes, mine were! got an email confirming that a few days later.For those that sent thank you letters to their interviewers through the admissions email, did your letters ever get added to the applicant portal like they said it would?
Cielo.
Full Member
Okay thank you! I sent a follow up email asking for confirmation they received it since it’s been 3+ weeks since I sent mine.yes, mine were! got an email confirming that a few days later.
ImaBumtrynamakeitBig
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
chillstill
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II rejection
SoccerGorl
Full Member
OOS pre ii R this morning
tryingtogetaccepted2025
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R today. I appreciate Morehouse for not waiting until May to send out rejection.
Yes, the responded to mine in about 2 daysDo they usually respond to update letter emails?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flyingspur
New Member
What was their response to your update email? I keep getting the automated email acknowledging that they will respond in 23-4& hours.Yes, the responded to mine in about 2 days
Their repose was just “Received!”What was their response to your update email? I keep getting the automated email acknowledging that they will respond in 23-4& hours.
I had to email twice to get a responseWhat was their response to your update email? I keep getting the automated email acknowledging that they will respond in 23-4& hours.
also WL last Tuesday
Cielo.
Full Member
If you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview?also WL last Tuesday
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K