-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 New York University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
"Dear steelersfan1243:
After careful review and consideration of your application to the NYU Post-Baccalaureate Linkage Program, the Committee on Admissions regrets to inform you that they are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time. If you would like to apply for August, 2016, you must reapply through AMCAS. Most of the information will roll over, however, you must verify and update the information that was previously submitted.Rest assured that your application will then be fully re-considered with those applying for the next application cycle. Please let me take this opportunity to wish you success and to thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Medicine.
Sincerely,
Joanne McGrath"
****, did I apply to the wrong program?
After careful review and consideration of your application to the NYU Post-Baccalaureate Linkage Program, the Committee on Admissions regrets to inform you that they are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time. If you would like to apply for August, 2016, you must reapply through AMCAS. Most of the information will roll over, however, you must verify and update the information that was previously submitted.Rest assured that your application will then be fully re-considered with those applying for the next application cycle. Please let me take this opportunity to wish you success and to thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Medicine.
Sincerely,
Joanne McGrath"
****, did I apply to the wrong program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like their straightforward style haha. Rejected: Check!
Lmao... I'm sorry about the rejection (I am sure one is headed my way as well) but that is just hilarious. So tactful. When were you complete? Is that "Rejection" in lieu of the "Application Complete" checkmark or is it a separate row/page?
rejection pre-II today
+1
AXED!
no harsh feelings at all; pre II complete mid July. Wasn't the best fit school for me 🙂
Good luck to those in the running!
@breezy16 what's interesting is that I see we both interviewed at Hopkins (I will hear back later). So it seems different places are looking for different traits and "fit"
Rejected. Ah well
"Dear steelersfan1243:
After careful review and consideration of your application to the NYU Post-Baccalaureate Linkage Program, the Committee on Admissions regrets to inform you that they are unable to offer you an acceptance at this time. If you would like to apply for August, 2016, you must reapply through AMCAS. Most of the information will roll over, however, you must verify and update the information that was previously submitted.Rest assured that your application will then be fully re-considered with those applying for the next application cycle. Please let me take this opportunity to wish you success and to thank you for your continued interest in NYU School of Medicine.
Sincerely,
Joanne McGrath"
****, did I apply to the wrong program?
also axed just now (pre-II). No surprise there. It appears you might have applied to the wrong program...But they say to reapply through AMCAS, so I don't know? Mine read like this:
Dear ImmunoLove,
After careful review and consideration of your application, the Committee on Admissions regrets to inform you that it is unable to offer you a place in the medical school class entering in August 2016.
We are humbled and most thankful to have received so many applications from talented students like you. This year, we received over 7,400 applications for the 132 places available in the entering class. With more well qualified candidates than we could admit or even interview, the Committee on Admissions faced an incredibly difficult task this year.
We wanted to thank you again for your interest in New York University School of Medicine, and we wish you success in your path to becoming a physician.
Sincerely,
Rafael Rivera, M.D.
Associate Dean for Admissions & Financial Aid
New York University School of Medicine
Axed as well. Good luck everyone!
Axed 🙁
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. Kind of surprised but I agree with the above. I don't think I would have fit in there.
Looks like it. Slaughterhouse today. I guess that's it, at least it's over.Just wanted to ask again if anyone knows whether the last date for interviews is December 18, as noted on their portal? IF the last interview date is, in fact, Dec 18, that means all of us have been axed except for those that already interviewed.
Last edited:
Rejected, and totally fine with it. My application wasn't complete for almost a month after I submitted it because they weren't marking my letters as received (when every other school had), and then they spammed me the whole application cycle with emails that were mostly relevant for accepted students. Bye NYU!
Didn't get the rejection email. Did they lose my app?
Shhhh! Dont jinx it. (me neither. complete 8/28)
+1Didn't get the rejection email. Did they lose my app?
rejected pre-II 12/16, complete 10/8
Just wanted to ask again if anyone knows whether the last date for interviews is December 18, as noted on their portal? IF the last interview date is, in fact, Dec 18, that means all of us have been axed except for those that already interviewed.
@gublagu3
No, I'm pretty sure it's not. My interview is scheduled in Jan
Rejected today, IS and in NYC so even more local. LizzyM ~71 and complete in July. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted here!
Didn't they know you're a master of karate and friendship for everyone? Maybe Nightman is an adcom there
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@gublagu3
No, I'm pretty sure it's not. My interview is scheduled in Jan
Thanks! It did seem oddly early to end interviewing in December, when most other schools are interviewing until February.
Rejected. OOS, Lizzy M ~71. Complete early September. Best of luck to those still being considered!
Rejected too. Complete end of July. Oh well. Best of luck guys!
Didn't get the rejection email. Did they lose my app?
Turned out they didn't lose it >-< Rejected today. LizzyM~70
I agree. It's the biggest thing I'll tell my future family & friends if they apply is to apply to schools based on those fits rather than numbers. It's been waaay more about my fit than numbers this whole season.@breezy16 what's interesting is that I see we both interviewed at Hopkins (I will hear back later). So it seems different places are looking for different traits and "fit"
Good luck to you @ JHU, Hope to see you as a classmate next year 🙂
Rejected. C end of August. LizzyM 76-78.
What "fit" do you think NYU looks for?Rejected. Kind of surprised but I agree with the above. I don't think I would have fit in there.
Hopping on the rejection train. Disappointed, but it's okay.
Thank you, hopefully one of us will be the lucky duckling that gets the spot.Withdrew my acceptance this morning. Best of luck to all!
Hopefully this is the last few weeks of waiting for a lot of us!
How should we send update letters? Snail mail or portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm wondering the same thing!How should we send update letters? Snail mail or portal?
D
deleted393595
How should we send update letters? Snail mail or portal?
Via carrier pigeon
eVia carrier pigeon
Okay but what breed of pigeon?? French Cumulet? English Carrier? Racing Homer???
Or should I send in like a Game of Thrones raven? Do med schools take maester training into consideration? Is that worth mentioning? Or do they only care if it's from a top tier Citadel?
But on the real, snail mail or portal?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K