You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I called sometime last week and was told that the committee is actively reviewing the waitlist.It seems strange that there's been no movement (at least on SDN) when last year they accepted 112 from the WL (per MSAR). Has anyone called the admissions office to ask about the waitlist?
Actively reviewing... Did they mention if any acceptances have already gone out?I called sometime last week and was told that the committee is actively reviewing the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No mention of post-traffic day acceptances. What I posted was all the nice lady on the phone told me.Actively reviewing... Did they mention if any acceptances have already gone out?
I've seen a few new additions (<10) to the fb group over the last month or so , but it's impossible to tell if they were recently accepted or just late to join.Actively reviewing... Did they mention if any acceptances have already gone out?
Is there an official Class of 2020 group or are you referring to the second look group?I've seen a few new additions (<10) to the fb group over the last month or so , but it's impossible to tell if they were recently accepted or just late to join.
Thank you for this information!I see about 83 or so people that have officially accepted the admissions offer. People have until this Friday to send in their deposit. I am sure there will be some movement from the WL. Good luck to everyone waiting!
just the second look group. Not sure if they would still provide that link to newly admitted students in the acceptance packet. Haven't seen any official 2020 groups pop up yet.Is there an official Class of 2020 group or are you referring to the second look group?
Where did you get 83 from?
My portal changed from applicant to student and I was able to see a directory for the class of 2020. This list is probably being updated everyday as people turn in their deposits.just the second look group. Not sure if they would still provide that link to newly admitted students in the acceptance packet. Haven't seen any official 2020 groups pop up yet.
Where did you get 83 from?
ooooo! I didn't know that happened, so exciting! I just wish I could remember my password...My portal changed from applicant to student and I was able to see a directory for the class of 2020. This list is probably being updated everyday as people turn in their deposits.
What portal is this?
How did you login to the portal?My portal changed from applicant to student and I was able to see a directory for the class of 2020. This list is probably being updated everyday as people turn in their deposits.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was trying to get in to my applicant portal and my credentials were not working, so I googled it to make sure I had the right address and found this page:How did you login to the portal?
https://ampup.medschool.pitt.edu/
I then put in my current email address and my password from the applicant portal and it let me in. I cannot access most things on this site because you need a student number, but I was able to see a directory.
You're clearly a unicorn because it's definitely not working on my end lolI was trying to get in to my applicant portal and my credentials were not working, so I googled it to make sure I had the right address and found this page:
https://ampup.medschool.pitt.edu/
I then put in my current email address and my password from the applicant portal and it let me in. I cannot access most things on this site because you need a student number, but I was able to see a directory.
Maybe I should not have access and it is a glitch in the system?... 😵You're clearly a unicorn because it's definitely not working on my end lol
Maybe I should not have access and it is a glitch in the system?... 😵
Well, I for one am in favor of the unicorn theory posited earlier.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I was trying to get in to my applicant portal and my credentials were not working, so I googled it to make sure I had the right address and found this page:
https://ampup.medschool.pitt.edu/
I then put in my current email address and my password from the applicant portal and it let me in. I cannot access most things on this site because you need a student number, but I was able to see a directory.
I was able to log in as well. There is a preliminary copy of the MS-1 schedule uploaded there!
for the waitlisted who may be curious: 116 currently listed in the student directory. Still a few days out from the deposit deadline, so likely a few more to come, but not at full class size yet!
(thanks to @trini818 for finding the directory!)
(thanks to @trini818 for finding the directory!)
Does anyone have any idea how many people are on each tier? 83 was much more reassuring than 116 is. Also movement into the second tier has definitely happened in past years by May...it's starting to look like the whole "nearly all first tier applicants get in" trend won't apply this year especially if the tiers are like....80 people in each
Last edited:
When is the exact date/time for deposit deadline and how much is it for? Excuse my neuroticism but the details help me calm down as it starts to seem more and more like my dream med school is out of reach, yet so close
Last edited:
Still on the waitlist but believe the deposit is $100 - someone correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure when exactly it's due, though. Hoping for Pitt acceptances for us in the coming days!When is the exact date/time for deposit and how much is it for? Excuse my neuroticism but the details help me calm down as it starts to seem more and more like my dream med school is out of reach, yet so close
Also, does anyone know what the class size at Pitt is? I vaguely remember ~140 from my interview day, but I wanna be sure
Still on the waitlist but believe the deposit is $100 - someone correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure when exactly it's due, though. Hoping for Pitt acceptances for us in the coming days!
Also, does anyone know what the class size at Pitt is? I vaguely remember ~140 from my interview day, but I wanna be sure
usually 147-148
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Starting to feel nervous on the first tier WL. Sent in a letter in LOI in mid-february and another update in march. Should I throw a Hail Mary and send one more update (I don't have anything new to add).
I thought about that too but I don't think letters are any good unless they're significant/relevant. They could even come off annoying so I wouldn't unless you feel like anything was unsaid in your previous letters
Can anyone confirm that there has "historically been movement in the third week of may"?
Just did some digging and there was movement on 5/16/14 but it doesn't seem like that happened for 2015, as around mid May there are just painful "anyone still waiting on first tier" posts. But that was also after second tier movement had already started.
Last edited:
I'm thinking there will be movement at the end of next week, bc that will be after deposits are due and after 2-3 weeks time the committee has to review the wait listed applicants. However with the recent 116 directory count, it's unlikely that the movement will be dramatic.
With that in mind, I'm going to work on accepting the fact that I may have to go to my second choice, and that it's a fantastic school anyway and still an opportunity that so many people don't have. It must be for the best, right?
With that in mind, I'm going to work on accepting the fact that I may have to go to my second choice, and that it's a fantastic school anyway and still an opportunity that so many people don't have. It must be for the best, right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still on the waitlist but believe the deposit is $100 - someone correct me if I'm wrong. Not sure when exactly it's due, though. Hoping for Pitt acceptances for us in the coming days!
Also, does anyone know what the class size at Pitt is? I vaguely remember ~140 from my interview day, but I wanna be sure
I'm pretty sure its due Friday, so perhaps we'll hear something Monday?
I'm third time applicant, 2nd tier wl, no acceptances. You should be proud of getting accepted! But nonetheless, I totally understand wanting the first choice, we've all worked extremely hard for thisI'm thinking there will be movement at the end of next week, bc that will be after deposits are due and after 2-3 weeks time the committee has to review the wait listed applicants. However with the recent 116 directory count, it's unlikely that the movement will be dramatic.
With that in mind, I'm going to work on accepting the fact that I may have to go to my second choice, and that it's a fantastic school anyway and still an opportunity that so many people don't have. It must be for the best, right?
Any update on this number??for the waitlisted who may be curious: 116 currently listed in the student directory. Still a few days out from the deposit deadline, so likely a few more to come, but not at full class size yet!
(thanks to @trini818 for finding the directory!)
It is now 129.Any update on this number??
Thanks, @trini818!
It is now 129.
Even if the number of people who have sent in deposits is 129, isn't it still possible that some of these people are on waitlists at other places and can withdraw? After all it is just a deposit. I have a deposit in at another school and I am not definitely matriculating there next year.
Bummed there won't be as much movement as last year, but so it goes. Maybe it's for the best--one less tough decision!
Just did some digging and there was movement on 5/16/14 but it doesn't seem like that happened for 2015, as around mid May there are just painful "anyone still waiting on first tier" posts. But that was also after second tier movement had already started.
To clarify...second tier movement can start before they get through the whole first tier? Perhaps I am misunderstanding you.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Update on the student directory number?
130Update on the student directory number?
Thanks @trini818! Now that number can go only down as people get accepted off of other schools' wait lists. Hope!
Thank you, @trini818!!! I hope waitlist movement starts for us soon!
How soon after May 15th should we expect any waitlist movement, if any?
Accepted just now. Does anyone know where/when we can find financial aid info?How soon after May 15th should we expect any waitlist movement, if any?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!!! Were you informed via email/phone call?Accepted just now. Does anyone know where/when we can find financial aid info?
It was an email. They said the acceptance packet would be here shortly thoughCongratulations!!! Were you informed via email/phone call?
Thanks for letting us know, and congratulations again!!It was an email. They said the acceptance packet would be here shortly though
Congratulations!! I was actually just accepted too, right after posting this! I've been dancing around my apartment for the past 15 minutesAccepted just now. Does anyone know where/when we can find financial aid info?
Congratulations!!!Congratulations!! I was actually just accepted too, right after posting this! I've been dancing around my apartment for the past 15 minutes
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K