**2016-2017 URM Medical School Application Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The extended period of silence is driving me crazy. At this point I would be willing to hear any communicating even if it's not necessary good

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted earlier today at SKMC. So pumped for this school and its programs. Anyone else planning to attend here?

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How are y'all staying sane? I check my email & SDN every 30 seconds now! My inbox has been extra dry for a while

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Exercising, hanging out with loved ones, and tv shows. Gilmore Girls and Westworld are my current mainstays.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I'm joining the URM train on SDN a bit late, hopefully everyone's app process is going smooth :)

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my very first acceptance to Stony Brook Medical School!!!!! The feeling is indescribable, feels like the culmination of all my hard work finally paying off!

Reactions: 17 users
Y'all. God proved Himself today. Got accepted to 6 TX schools.....I still can't even fathom it as I type this.....
God is good and all, but don't cut yourself short. I am honestly not surprised you got so many acceptances, you have an amaaaazing app, with stats that blow like 99% of individuals applying out of the water, Congratulations, you are an amazing applicant, and a school would be so lucky if you chose to matriculate to their school. I project even more acceptances for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my very first acceptance to Stony Brook Medical School!!!!! The feeling is indescribable, feels like the culmination of all my hard work finally paying off!

Congratulations and I hope you get many more acceptances!

First acceptance to SUNY Downstate! Feels greattttttttttt!

Reactions: 14 users
First acceptance to SUNY Downstate! Feels greattttttttttt!
congrats!! I live very very close to the area, so we can meet up if you choose to go to that school or on your second look!

Checking in to share that I received my first medical school acceptance in the mail yesterday! Hasn't fully sunken in yet, and it was unexpected - didn't receive an email or phone call beforehand.

Wishing everyone else good luck in the coming weeks/months!

Reactions: 10 users
Checking in to share that I received my first medical school acceptance in the mail yesterday! Hasn't fully sunken in yet, and it was unexpected - didn't receive an email or phone call beforehand.

Wishing everyone else good luck in the coming weeks/months!
Congratulations! Holding that letter just makes the feeling all the more real. I pray this is the first of many!

Did any of my fellow BUSM interviewees get the diversity outreach email from the dean? It was addressing/mediating concerns about the recent election. Nice touch BU, nice touch.

Did any of my fellow BUSM interviewees get the diversity outreach email from the dean? It was addressing/mediating concerns about the recent election. Nice touch BU, nice touch.

Yea I just got it. Very nice e-mail and I actually appreciate them for it. Dean Witzburg has been on point since interview day.

Yeah I got the email, thought it was super thoughtful. I like when the medical schools, and applicants acknowledge real world events. There is more to life than just this process.

I got that email to. When are you guys interviewing at BU it's my number one choice. Do you think there's a good chance of getting in after an interview? I'm Nicaraguan-American btw this thread is nice to have.

I got that email to. When are you guys interviewing at BU it's my number one choice. Do you think there's a good chance of getting in after an interview? I'm Nicaraguan-American btw this thread is nice to have.

I think the majority of us have had our interviews already...? Welcome to the overlap, fam lol I know it's going to be a bit more competitive this year because they had too many people accept their offer of admission last year. But honestly..? I think there's room for all of us. Knock em dead! :highfive:

Interviewed 2 months ago. BU's post interview acceptance rate according to USNews is 41.6%. Welcome to the URM forum (not sure if you have posted here before)!

Cool. Yeah I just saw this forum. Good luck to y'all.

I think the majority of us have had our interviews already...? Welcome to the overlap, fam lol I know it's going to be a bit more competitive this year because they had too many people accept their offer of admission last year. But honestly..? I think there's room for all of us. Knock em dead! :highfive:
Btw how was the interview? Was it fun or stressful? Any advice?

Ditto on the email! It's great that they sent it out to applicants! I do appreciate the thought

Btw how was the interview? Was it fun or stressful? Any advice?

My interview here is still my absolute favorite. Low stress, conversational and felt like my interviewer genuinely wanted to get to know me. His response to my thank you note definitely echoed that feeling as well!

Awesome! I have been thinking about this every day haha. I love the school

I am loving like luke cage. Finally a cool black mainstream super hero

Is this the most active URM thread ever? We're killing the game yo

Is this the most active URM thread ever? We're killing the game yo

I think the 2013/14 class IIRC was pretty lit too, but yea we def are bringing ice to this forum. Hopefully setting the stage for future cycles!

I think the 2013/14 class IIRC was pretty lit too, but yea we def are bringing ice to this forum. Hopefully setting the stage for future cycles!

Well I'm glad to be a part of the group :D

I inquired about fellow URMs at my alma mater and I was told by the pre-med advisor we were already 6/6 on acceptances this year.

Reactions: 2 users
Going to committee at 2 schools today I'm freaking out, all good vibes are welcome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Got called today for two acceptances, one I didn't even know I was going to committee for. I'm honestly still in shock that I'm in now. Wow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Reactions: 12 users