**2016-2017 URM Medical School Application Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you guys all so much! So grateful for all the positivity in this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Thanksgiving is the time for family, friends and good food. But it's also the time where alot of URM hate starts to brew when people want to find someone to blame for a less than awesome cycle....
*time to take our violins out* +pity++pity++pity++pity+ so sad for them

Reactions: 6 users
Thanksgiving is the time for family, friends and good food. But it's also the time where alot of URM hate starts to brew when people want to find someone to blame for a less than awesome cycle....
*time to take our violins out* +pity++pity++pity++pity+ so sad for them

I didn't even realize that... lol. Bring it on. We have enough Kleenex and side eyes to go around.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The day isn't over, but try to enjoy the food tomorrow and to recharge so you can gear up for Monday!

Thank you. I definitely will. I've been waiting for this food for weeks lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
So I guess WashU wasn't fooling, my mom convinced me to apply anyway since I had the FAP.

Just got an II. I am really shocked by this one.

Reactions: 9 users
Haven't heard anything in two weeks or so. Should I be worried or na?

Started from the bottom... now we here.... I'm going to be a doctor!!!!

Reactions: 12 users
So I guess WashU wasn't fooling, my mom convinced me to apply anyway since I had the FAP.

Dude you conquered Havard medical school nothing should be surprising to you.

Reactions: 3 users
Dude you conquered Havard medical school nothing should be surprising to you.

Lol! My impression is Harvard is more interested in te path taken and Was U is more stats inclined. So honestly I am more surprised by this.

Lol! My impression is Harvard is more interested in te path taken and Was U is more stats inclined. So honestly I am more surprised by this.

You deserve all this! Just kill the interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!

I lurk here but wanted to slide through to let you all know that you're all so inspiring and I'm so proud of the accomplishments each and every one of you has achieved! :claps::claps::claps:

Reactions: 4 users

Congrats! If you mean you applied in response to that recruitment e-mail they sent then damn...for the first time this cycle you're making me kind of regret not submitting an app to a school :eek: :) (not that everyone's II success would be identical). I got that same diversity recruitment e-mail early October and quickly filed it under "cash-grab." Interestingly I am still within primary app deadline for WashU....hmm....:rolleyes:. Happy Thanksgiving to All! We all have loads to be thankful for!

Congrats! If you mean you applied in response to that recruitment e-mail they sent then damn...for the first time this cycle you're making me kind of regret not submitting an app to a school :eek: :) (not that everyone's II success would be identical). I got that same diversity recruitment e-mail early October and quickly filed it under "cash-grab." Interestingly I am still within primary app deadline for WashU....hmm....:rolleyes:. Happy Thanksgiving to All! We all have loads to be thankful for!

Yeah I am. Everyone here received it and I joked "Wash U, who you think you fooling" lol

Happy thanksgiving to all!!! Still waiting for an acceptance but I am so thankful for having interviews!!! Have a great holiday everybody. Thank you for giving me hope when I'm down!!! I hope we all get great news next week!!!

Reactions: 5 users
That moment when you eat so much that you feel like you wanna barf but still keep going because your mama never raised no quitter! !!

Hey guys I have filled out my FAFSA and submitted it for the 10 most realistic schools on my list. But I am confused as to how you add 10 more schools after submitting? I heard first you would just delete the original schools and replace them with the new ones but I also heard that if the medical schools didnt pull/process your FAFSA before you deleted it, it would seem like you didnt submit at all. So I am confused about what to do, should I call the schools on my list to see if they receive/pull my FAFSA? Which would be kinda weird because the vast majority of them I havent heard anything from them as yet. Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: post below
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/filling-out-fafsa-for-10-schools.1178427/

Hey guys I have filled out my FAFSA and submitted it for the 10 most realistic schools on my list. But I am confused as to how you add 10 more schools after submitting? I heard first you would just delete the original schools and replace them with the new ones but I also heard that if the medical schools didnt pull/process your FAFSA before you deleted it, it would seem like you didnt submit at all. So I am confused about what to do, should I call the schools on my list to see if they receive/pull my FAFSA? Which would be kinda weird because the vast majority of them I havent heard anything from them as yet. Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: post below
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/filling-out-fafsa-for-10-schools.1178427/

First of all. If you just submitted you need to wait for FAFSA to send you the "processed" email, which takes up to two weeks. After that, yes you would call each school after giving them a few weeks to see if they have received and downloaded it before you delete them.

You could also call each school and give them your individual code at any point so they can manually request your file when they are ready for it. In this case, you wouldn't have to delete anything, they would be doing the leg work. Some schools may tell you they won't do it that way. So YMMV with each school.

First of all. If you just submitted you need to wait for FAFSA to send you the "processed" email, which takes up to two weeks. After that, yes you would call each school after giving them a few weeks to see if they have received and downloaded it before you delete them.

You could also call each school and give them your individual code at any point so they can manually request your file when they are ready for it. In this case, you wouldn't have to delete anything, they would be doing the leg work. Some schools may tell you they won't do it that way. So YMMV with each school.

thanks!! I am already processed I will wait for a while until I contact schools

Will anyone be interviewing at Howard tomorrow or Georgetown on Wednesday? If so let's develop a URM thread hand sign

So just got my first real rejection, from my dream school for forever, no less. Idk how I feel right now. Disappointed and also silly for having been gunning for this one, mega-dream school throughout my premed path.

Bleh. Okay I feel more than disappointed. Time to hit the gym and distract myself.

Edit: Hopkins guys...Hopkins...

So just got my first real rejection, from my dream school for forever, no less. Idk how I feel right now. Disappointed and also silly for having been gunning for this one, mega-dream school throughout my premed path.

Bleh. Okay I feel more than disappointed. Time to hit the gym and distract myself.

Workout and let it slide off bud. Everything happens for a reasons. You never know what you could fall in love with and what will be best fro you. Be Strong.

I'm sorry :( !! The feeling is valid (I called my MD mentor crying & yelling about why I'm not good enough when I got rejected from Georgetown L O L she was like girl....)

But Whit, you're going to have a hefty set of options & will trail blaze at any institution you matriculate.

That goes for all of us. I wholeheartedly believe our cohort is gonna put in WERK. Wherever we all end up. Plus, we couldn't all get accepted to Harvard and Hopkins, it simply wouldn't be fair to the other schools that need us lol

I have so much love for you guys. Can't wait till we cross the finish line for the app cycle next spring.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm sorry :( !! The feeling is valid (I called my MD mentor crying & yelling about why I'm not good enough when I got rejected from Georgetown L O L she was like girl....)

But Whit, you're going to have a hefty set of options & will trail blaze at any institution you matriculate.

That goes for all of us. I wholeheartedly believe our cohort is gonna put in WERK. Wherever we all end up. Plus, we couldn't all get accepted to Harvard and Hopkins, it simply wouldn't be fair to the other schools that need us lol

I have so much love for you guys. Can't wait till we cross the finish line for the app cycle next spring.

This put the biggest smile on my face. I love you. Seriously, you are so right. I guess I'm finally leaving Maryland, so that's a positive.

Last edited:
Was rejected from Hopkins and Jefferson today, so I'm also leaving Maryland. It's been real. This rejection stung because Hopkins is one of my alma maters.

Enjoy your consolation prize of still becoming a doctor!

SValley for pres/official URM motivational speaker/keeper of sanity

Finally unloaded those stupid MCAT books. Saying this for future students that need books I think we have a couple of full sets still available fr... I know I had to struggle to get prep materials so feel free to reach out to current thread members like @SydSing

Hey guys, so I feel extremely grateful for the interviews I have so far, and the one acceptance I have so far. I was curious if maybe just maybe I still had time to score an interview at a top 20 school (including Sinai), I applied to a few as reaches, and I have yet to hear back from any of them. Am I still in the running or most likely silent rejections? I was complete close to mid September

Wow, I was totally not expecting an II from Einstein!! I have been complete for about a month and my secondary was submitted between Aug/Sep.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys, so I feel extremely grateful for the interviews I have so far, and the one acceptance I have so far. I was curious if maybe just maybe I still had time to score an interview at a top 20 school (including Sinai), I applied to a few as reaches, and I have yet to hear back from any of them. Am I still in the running or most likely silent rejections? I was complete close to mid September
At some of the places I interviewed at (Top 20) many students I spoke to said they didn't interview until the spring. Honestly, as long as you haven't been rejected, hold on, because there is most definitely hope!

I finally made a Facebook account today...

LOL this is so cute. FB is really for the moms & distant aunties. Every time I go on it, someone is engaged or pregnant. I'm only holding on because of all the groups I'm a part of

I don't know how to use all the hip new stuff so I've stuck with FB lol. My friends are like omg add me on IG. The very first time I was all... "is that an app?"

Reactions: 4 users
I have FB for my family and friends in other countries but I update it like once a year. Jut got on IG this year, I like it.

month and a half of silence ...... Love me schools plz or not just talk to me !!

I'm more of a Twitter gal. Insta/Snapchat on the rare ocassion

I don't know how to use all the hip new stuff so I've stuck with FB lol. My friends are like omg add me on IG. The very first time I was all... "is that an app?"
Yours is better; I believe one time I pointed to the logo for snapchat and was talking like I actually knew what was in, all the while referring to it as instagram.....

i haven't been posting lately! i hope everyone's cycle is either amazing now or about to get amazing/LIT.

I have 3 acceptances so far ... weird! So excited. I have started from withdraw from a bunch of schools and hope that will speed the process up for others.

Reactions: 2 users
Yours is better; I believe one time I pointed to the logo for snapchat and was talking like I actually knew what was in, all the while referring to it as instagram.....

i'm trying to hard to like snapchat because it's such a great way to stay in touch without fully committing to a long conversation hahaha but it shard! my favorite will always be facebook

i haven't been posting lately! i hope everyone's cycle is either amazing now or about to get amazing/LIT.

I have 3 acceptances so far ... weird! So excited. I have started from withdraw from a bunch of schools and hope that will speed the process up for others.
Congratulations, and more to come!