**2016-2017 URM Medical School Application Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,

I decided to go ahead and make an MDapps to help others since the idea that I have any anonymity on here has completely deteriorated lol.

Can someone explain how I link the two profiles?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

I decided to go ahead and make an MDapps to help others since the idea that I have any anonymity on here has completely deteriorated lol.

Can someone explain how I link the two profiles?

There's an option under profile settings (I did it on a PC) to add MDApps and it'll put the link under your name like you see with mine.

There's an option under profile settings (I did it on a PC) to add MDApps and it'll put the link under your name like you see with mine.

Thank you! I just figured it out, had to get on computer and it was under preferences, which I didn't think to check lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the third one. 3 in one day. It is truly a blessing. I can't believe his

Reactions: 7 users
Just as clarification we can accept multiple offers for right now and then decide officially later? These letters seem so "leading" as in accept our offer now lol

Members don't see this ad :)
II to Weill Cornell, and absolute dream! Just thought I should share the good news with you guys :)

Reactions: 13 users
Woke up this morning to an II from Columbia! Think they lost their damn minds!!! lol

Love the support in this group. Y'all are the real MVPs

Reactions: 3 users
just got one from columbia too!! No effin way, in complete shock

Reactions: 8 users
Comrades, we have officially infiltrated the Ivy League lines. Mission accomplished. Over and out. :ninja:

Reactions: 7 users
Just accepted to UMD MD/MPH!!!

My first acceptance whoot! I can finally say I'm going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 19 users
Just accepted to UMD MD/MPH!!!

My first acceptance whoot! I can finally say I'm going to be a doctor!

Congratulations on your first acceptance! Now you can change your status since you are no longer pre-med! :clap:

honestly every time i check out this thread and I see someone get in this is always what plays in my head....

Reactions: 2 users
Hope you get Hah-vahd didn't realize it was so chill and had such a cool curriculum.

Honestly I didn't realize this either until I got there. I got to attend the MS1's holiday party while I was there and I was completely surprised how low key, yet extroverted and friendly the students were, and for such a big class everyone knew each other and were friends for the first part. The curriculum is amazing, going in Harvard was not my top choice, not even top 3 because of assumptions I had, now it's tied for 1st choice. (I'm glad my interview feedback is serving a purpose btw. Will keep it up)

Congratulations Dr. Whitty

Thank you!!

Hey guys, have a question for all. What do you guys think about withdrawing from schools pre-II? Has anyone done it? Is anyone against it?

I have some schools that I wouldn't attend over my state school (which is where I've been accepted so far) so I don't see the point in keeping my application open. However, I also see the value in being able to report the outcome for MDapps and here for future applicants with similar background/stats/what have you to see where I had success and where I didn't.

Thoughts?

Hey guys, have a question for all. What do you guys think about withdrawing from schools pre-II? Has anyone done it? Is anyone against it?

I have some schools that I wouldn't attend over my state school (which is where I've been accepted so far) so I don't see the point in keeping my application open. However, I also see the value in being able to report the outcome for MDapps and here for future applicants with similar background/stats/what have you to see where I had success and where I didn't.

Thoughts?

I'm waiting out the schools that haven't sent me an II just to see what happens. But I understand having a school you won't abandon for the others which is why I've attended less than half of my interviews.

For the sake of seeing, I'd personally keep my application open.

Thoughts?

I haven't withdrawn from any school pre-II, but when you have multiple acceptances (and you will WhittyPsyche), the $100 deposits to hold a spot can start to add up even though they are refundable.

I'm getting extremely broke so I may start withdrawing soon but for now I haven't withdrawn just to see what happens. Although I got into one of my top choices, you never know which other schools will impress you so I am keeping my options open. Although since I had such an awesome interview day at one of my schools that I am awaiting an acceptance for, if I get in I will start to withdraw.

But I wouldn't withdraw pre-II because no offense I spent money on these secondaries and even if I won't attend an interview, I want a decision made before I withdraw.

Are the deposits only refundable if you take the acceptance?

I'm waiting out the schools that haven't sent me an II just to see what happens. But I understand having a school you won't abandon for the others which is why I've attended less than half of my interviews.

For the sake of seeing, I'd personally keep my application open.

I haven't withdrawn from any school pre-II, but when you have multiple acceptances (and you will WhittyPsyche), the $100 deposits to hold a spot can start to add up even though they are refundable.

I'm getting extremely broke so I may start withdrawing soon but for now I haven't withdrawn just to see what happens. Although I got into one of my top choices, you never know which other schools will impress you so I am keeping my options open. Although since I had such an awesome interview day at one of my schools that I am awaiting an acceptance for, if I get in I will start to withdraw.

But I wouldn't withdraw pre-II because no offense I spent money on these secondaries and even if I won't attend an interview, I want a decision made before I withdraw.

I see. Very valid points. I also feel the "or the sake of seeing" sentiment, but I was worried that that was just a selfish sentiment to hold. I'm not sure if it would make a difference to the people holding out for interviews at certain places if there were less apps to be debated for the winding down interview spots. I guess in all likelihood there is probably already a decision on my app so I wouldn't be saving anyone anything.

I had FAP and the only school I had to pay the secondary fee for was my state school, but I DEFINITELY get where you are coming form @Afropolitan. Sort of like paying for the service, so you need to receive that service.

Are the deposits only refundable if you take the acceptance?

Some schools don't require a deposit to hold a seat, but others do. Not sure if I am answering your question.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. Some schools require a deposit to hold a seat, which may or may not be non-refundable. Each school has its own policy. I don't think you can take an acceptance without a deposit for a school that requires a deposit. This is confusingly worded.

Some schools don't require a deposit to hold a seat, but others do. Not sure if I am answering your question.

A deposit was required from me, I was just wondering if I would get the money back even if I turned the school down.

A deposit was required from me, I was just wondering if I would get the money back even if I turned the school down.

Deposits are refundable before a certain date in the Spring (I think this is a AAMC rule).

Well if you submitted a deposit with your acceptance and you turned down the school you can get your money back if it is their policy.

Well if you submitted a deposit with your acceptance and you turned down the school you can get your money back if it is their policy.

Deposits are refundable before a certain date in the Spring (I think this is a AAMC rule).
Alright thanks, this process has already cost me an arm and a leg, and I just want to minimize my expenses moving forward.

From the traffic rules...

(Change) Each school's pre-enrollment deposit should not exceed $100 and (except for EDP applicants) be refundable until April 30. If the applicant enrolls at the school, the school should credit the deposit toward tuition. All schools should not to require additional deposits or matriculation fees prior to matriculation.

So thankfully it isn't per school. They all have to do it.

Thoughts?

I am the withdraw princess lol I've taken out 3 schools (pre-II) I know I won't attend over my current acceptance/schools I've interviewed at. I've also withdrawn interview from 3 schools. I'm so burnt out from interviewing it's unreal

Thoughts?

If you got the bankroll and don't mind spending it, you never know what could happen. However, you don't have to be a martyr either going to schools just to report on them fo tha kids... it's honestly your decision

Late to the thread but I am reading some post and it seems to be about highlighting URM accomplishments and helping other URM so recently got accepted to Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Which was my top school. I am a reapp non traditional student. Congrats to all the URMs who got accepted and good luck to everyone else.

Late to the thread but I am reading some post and it seems to be about highlighting URM accomplishments and helping other URM so recently got accepted to Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Which was my top school. I am a reapp non traditional student. Congrats to all the URMs who got accepted and good luck to everyone else.

Welcome to the thread and congratulationssss!!!!!!

So excited for you all! I'm having some serious FOMO problems right now lol I just want to apply already