-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Emory University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No portal change for me either 🙁nothing here :/
no change =(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really upset not to hear back today. This was my top choice and I thought my interviews went really well. I guess I’ll cross my fingers for a waitlist.
Congratulations to all accepted candidates!
Everyone else (like me), something of note is that March 5th was the last date Emory sent out acceptances via snail mail. This was the final scheduled date for Emory to send acceptances.
Anyone not yet accepted is automatically considered for alternate status, if I remember correctly from my interview day. We will be notified of alternate status (or rejection) no later than the end of the month. I believe this is also stated somewhere in our applicant folder.
Edited for accuracy!
Everyone else (like me), something of note is that March 5th was the last date Emory sent out acceptances via snail mail. This was the final scheduled date for Emory to send acceptances.
Anyone not yet accepted is automatically considered for alternate status, if I remember correctly from my interview day. We will be notified of alternate status (or rejection) no later than the end of the month. I believe this is also stated somewhere in our applicant folder.
Edited for accuracy!
Does anyone know the liklihood of getting on waitlist? I honestly thought my interview went well here so I am hoping to at least still have a chance
Anybody been contacted yet about Woodruff? I know I have like 1/bajillion chance but i'm curious and would love any type of fin aid to be able to come to this school 
I think on interview day they said they try to make decisions by april/ decision date but i could be wrong. I do know that 10 people are interviewed and 4 get it.Anybody been contacted yet about Woodruff? I know I have like 1/bajillion chance but i'm curious and would love any type of fin aid to be able to come to this school![]()
Ah thanks @Beantown101
Calls to “finalists” should go out mid March
My SO was recently called for the Woodruff scholarship.
Congrats!
Just wondering if Emory will ever break top20
New rankings for 2019 come out next week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering the same thingDoes anyone know the liklihood of getting on waitlist? I honestly thought my interview went well here so I am hoping to at least still have a chance
Wondering the same thing
Yes, me as well. I know they said we would find out by March 30th if we were waitlisted or rejected but the wait is killing me!!
Yes, me as well. I know they said we would find out by March 30th if we were waitlisted or rejected but the wait is killing me!!
I didn't see any post-II Rs on last year's thread. I'm guessing everybody makes the waitlist, except maybe if you really messed up your interview
Just got an alternate status email
sameJust got an alternate status email
hahahhahahahahaha and u thought we were doneoh my god
I think everyone, if not almost everyone, not accepted gets waitlistedI just got it too! Do we know how many people are on the waitlist?
I think everyone, if not almost everyone, not accepted gets waitlisted
It still felt better than receiving a rejection😏
same. keeping hope alive!Just got an alternate status email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same! Hoping for the best!!!!same. keeping hope alive!
They said something similar at my interview day. Something like they sometimes accept 0 and other times up to 30, depending on the year/ how many people matriculate.Emory site Q&A says anywhere between 10 and 30 candidates from Alternate List receive the offer of Admissions.
What makes you think that?I think everyone, if not almost everyone, not accepted gets waitlisted
Does anyone know if you need to delete the previously entered update before submitting a second update on the portal, or just add a new date and more text under the original update?
Does anyone know if you need to delete the previously entered update before submitting a second update on the portal, or just add a new date and more text under the original update?
I placed a dashed line above my previous update and inserted the new update above that
Oh shoot really? I didn’t know the previous ones got deleted!!! I’ve been entering new onesI placed a dashed line above my previous update and inserted the new update above that
Oh shoot really? I didn’t know the previous ones got deleted!!! I’ve been entering new ones
has anyone posted they've been rejected? and under the FAQs it says you know you've been rejected if u haven't received an offer by July 23rd .What makes you think that?
Oh shoot really? I didn’t know the previous ones got deleted!!! I’ve been entering new ones
Did you delete your previous updates?
I would just put all your updates in that box, separate them by dashed lines and start each one with “Update from *date*” and then call the admissions office and make sure they have everything
Yeah, I was thinking by clicking submit it was submitting it somewhere, and then to put in a new one you would enter it there and submit it as well. I'll have to call and check. That means that 1000 is the limit on ALL updates..Did you delete your previous updates?
I would just put all your updates in that box, separate them by dashed lines and start each one with “Update from *date*” and then call the admissions office and make sure they have everything
oh my god
Emory: "Grovel! Grovel!"
Bootsandspooky: *Existential screaming*
Damn friends, you were right! Thanks for the heads up!Did you delete your previous updates?
I would just put all your updates in that box, separate them by dashed lines and start each one with “Update from *date*” and then call the admissions office and make sure they have everything
no, not yet.Has anyone received their financial aid letter yet?
has anyone received it?
Nah, not yet. I tried to call the financial aid office today and wasn't able to reach anyone. They're probably inundated with work, so it's understandable. But still, I wish there was a concrete date, rather than playing this waiting game...no, not yet.
has anyone received it?
I just received a phone call from 4047270870. I had my phone on silent and was not able to pick it up, but was wondering if it could possibly be Emory. When i googled it, the financial aid office kept popping up but I cant seem to find the details of that specific number. Could anyone who was notified by phone in the past identify this number? Freaking out right now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey does anyone know where to find to actual list of the 2018 match results? They only state a few institutions and the most popular specialties on the site, but I would like to see the whole list.
Hey does anyone know where to find to actual list of the 2018 match results? They only state a few institutions and the most popular specialties on the site, but I would like to see the whole list.
Here you go dude!
Anesthesiology
Emory
Child Neurology
Columbia
Emory
Dermatology
Dartmouth
Henry Ford Hospital
Northwestern (2)
University of Alabama
Emergency Medicine
Emory (3)
Ohio State
UCLA
Virginia Tech Carillion SOM
Wellstar Kennestone
ENT
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Emory
University of Washington
FM
Emory
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital
Swedish Medical Center Seattle
Internal Medicine
Brigham & Women’s
Cambridge Health Alliance
Case Western
Columbia
Cornell
Drexel University
Duke (3)
Emory (8)
Medical University of South Carolina
Naval Medical Center San Diego
UCSD
UCSF (4)
University of Colorado- Denver
University of Michigan
University of Nevada, Reno
University of Washington (2)
UPENN
Wright State University
Yale (2)
Med- Peds
University of Colorado Denver
Interventional Radiology
Emory
Neurosurgery
Emory
Thomas Jefferson University
Neurology
University of Colorado Denver
Johns Hopkins
Ob-Gyn
Emory (2)
University of Oklahoma
University of Oklahoma
UTSW
VT Carillion SOM
Ophthalmology
Emory (4)
UCLA
Stanford
NY Eye and Ear of Mt Sinai
University of Colorado
Willis Eye Hospital at Jefferson
Orthopedic Surgery
Drexel
Emory (2)
Jackson Memorial
UF Jacksonville
University of Pittsburgh
UPENN
Vanderbilt
Pathology
Cornell
Stanford (2)
University of Minnesota
Pediatrics
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Columbia
Cornell (2)
Kaiser Permanente Oakland
Northwestern
University of Alabama
University of Kentucky
University of Utah
University of Washington (4)
UT Austin
Emory
Plastic Surgery
UTSW
PM&R
East Carolina University
Jackson Memorial
Psych
Cornell (2)
Emory
University of Illinois
University of Texas at Galveston
UPENN
Psych/FM
University of Cincinnati
Radiology Diagnostic
Emory (3)
Brigham & Women’s
UCSF
University of Utah
Rad Onc
Washington University in St Louis
Surgery- General
Duke
Emory (6)
Jackson Memorial
NYU
Oregon Health and Science University
San Antonio Military Med
University of Colorado-Denver
Thoracic Surgery
UPENN
Urology
Brigham & Women’s
Emory
NYU
University of Pittsburgh
Vascular Surgery
Emory
I just received a phone call from 4047270870. I had my phone on silent and was not able to pick it up, but was wondering if it could possibly be Emory. When i googled it, the financial aid office kept popping up but I cant seem to find the details of that specific number. Could anyone who was notified by phone in the past identify this number? Freaking out right now
404-727- is definitely Emory! Check your voicemail. Call back...
Has anyone heard anything about waitlist movement at Emory this year?
Nope, I’m pretty sure their movement doesn’t happen until June. :/Has anyone heard anything about waitlist movement at Emory this year?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K