You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Oregon Health & Sciences University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! When was your application complete on the portal?II received today! LM ~73. IS. ORM. Complete 7/17. Interview dates in mid-late September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When was your application complete on the portal?
I was complete 7/17 on portal. Secondary submitted a week prior.
Congratulations!II received today! LM ~73. IS. ORM. Complete 7/17. Interview dates in mid-late September
Also got an II! Really excited as OHSU is my first choice!
congrats! when were you complete? IS or OOS?
@hk94 not IS but a part of one of their mission-groups so I guess it's as good as. I was complete 7/26 and received the email 8/22!
ok. congrats and good luck on your interview! 🙂
II yesterday. Secondary complete 7/21. Verified 6/9/17. In state Applicant.
Congrats! What are your stats?II yesterday. Secondary complete 7/21. Verified 6/9/17. In state Applicant.
Thanks! GPA 4.0 MCAT 513Congrats! What are your stats?
WICHE applicant submitted 8/24
Congrats everybody so far! Let me know if you have any questions, feel free to PM me (MS1, also dual degree student)
Thank you for being a resource to us!Congrats everybody so far! Let me know if you have any questions, feel free to PM me (MS1, also dual degree student)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious, how long did it take to be marked completed after submitting the secondary? The portal says it might take several weeks but I don't know if they're sticking to that timeline. I've been waiting for 3 weeks already 🙁
That is odd. I submitted 8/19 and marked completed 8/23. IS applicant, LizzyM >75.
Just curious, how long did it take to be marked completed after submitting the secondary? The portal says it might take several weeks but I don't know if they're sticking to that timeline. I've been waiting for 3 weeks already 🙁
That is odd. I submitted 8/19 and marked completed 8/23. IS applicant, LizzyM >75.
I submitted 8/17 and was marked complete 8/18, FWIW. I also am applying MD/PhD here, IS with low gpa, high mcat URM
.
What do you guys mean "marked complete"? I submitted 8/1 and the last thing it says on the portal is my submission date.
What do you guys mean "marked complete"? I submitted 8/1 and the last thing it says on the portal is my submission date.
This is what it says for me:
All updates to contact information must be done by clicking on the "Update Your Contact Information" at the top of this page.
Please note: Updates submitted after the secondary application is complete may not impact your file.
This is what it says for me:
Your secondary application was submitted on 08/17/2017.![]()
All updates to contact information must be done by clicking on the "Update Your Contact Information" at the top of this page.
Please note: Updates submitted after the secondary application is complete may not impact your file.
Your secondary application has been processed.![]()
Your file was complete on 08/18/2017.![]()
Do you think it would be too forward to contact the admissions office? I don't want to bother them (and they do say that it can take up to six weeks for applications to be processed) but I also hope that there isn't something missing from my application that's preventing it from moving forward!
it's still somewhat early in the process so I would just wait until all six weeks pass if you still don't hear from them.Do you think it would be too forward to contact the admissions office? I don't want to bother them (and they do say that it can take up to six weeks for applications to be processed) but I also hope that there isn't something missing from my application that's preventing it from moving forward!
II yesterday! Freaking out! OHSU is my dream school. We can do this y'all!
Did anyone who got an interview invite so far, or anyone who is applying this cycle for that matter, NOT fill out the adversity essay (the one where you are given 4000 characters and you check above it which type of adversity you've experienced). Is this something that they expect everyone to fill out, or just people who genuinely have experienced adversity during childhood (it says "while you were growing up..."). I am not a disadvantaged applicant and really do not want to BS anything here. On other secondaries, when this type of question comes up it is usually optional and I leave it blank. This is not a diversity essay as in "what is unique about you that you would bring to our class?" Is it ok to leave it blank if you honestly have not experienced anything that would count as adversity growing up in the eyes of a medical school?
Did anyone who got an interview invite so far, or anyone who is applying this cycle for that matter, NOT fill out the adversity essay (the one where you are given 4000 characters and you check above it which type of adversity you've experienced). Is this something that they expect everyone to fill out, or just people who genuinely have experienced adversity during childhood (it says "while you were growing up..."). I am not a disadvantaged applicant and really do not want to BS anything here. On other secondaries, when this type of question comes up it is usually optional and I leave it blank. This is not a diversity essay as in "what is unique about you that you would bring to our class?" Is it ok to leave it blank if you honestly have not experienced anything that would count as adversity growing up in the eyes of a medical school?
It's okay to leave blank for sure! Out of my cohort of dual degree students (7) only two of us (me and one other) filled it out.
Yay congrats! II for me too tonight! Wayyyy OOS, but +mission groupII received. IS. Verified 8/10.
Was complete 7/26, 2 days after rec. the secondary
Last edited:
II received. IS. Verified 8/10.
Congrats! Good to see people from August submissions getting their II's.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No I wish it did. I've been complete since 7/20 and am still not sure if I fit under the mission values enough.Does anyone else's portal show this, "Your file has been screened and is currently on hold for an interview, pending further review."
Mine also says this. I'm not sure if it's because I'm a re-applicant or because I'm out of state (though I do identify as mission-based, and the last time I applied I never saw this prompt).Does anyone else's portal show this, "Your file has been screened and is currently on hold for an interview, pending further review."
Mine also says this. I'm not sure if it's because I'm a re-applicant or because I'm out of state (though I do identify as mission-based, and the last time I applied I never saw this prompt).
Mine doesn't say anything either. I'm not sure I qualify!
From their site:
- Non-resident applicants with superior achievements in academics and other related experiences. For the 2018 cycle, superior academics is defined as a cumulative total GPA, as reported by AMCAS, of 3.70 or higher, and a cumulative score of 513 or higher on the most recent eligible MCAT. Superior achievements is defined as significant experiences in healthcare, leadership, extracurricular activities, and/or community service activities.
No I wish it did. I've been complete since 7/20 and am still not sure if I fit under the mission values enough.
+1
Mine doesn't say anything either. I'm not sure I qualify!
From their site:
What do you think? I'm a non-resident. I have a 3.78 postbac and a 3.8 sGPA, but my cGPA is ~3.6. I have a 515 MCAT. I have some significant experiences and pretty notable ECs.
- Non-resident applicants with superior achievements in academics and other related experiences. For the 2018 cycle, superior academics is defined as a cumulative total GPA, as reported by AMCAS, of 3.70 or higher, and a cumulative score of 513 or higher on the most recent eligible MCAT. Superior achievements is defined as significant experiences in healthcare, leadership, extracurricular activities, and/or community service activities.
I'm in the same boat but with my MCAT. (508 lmaoo) gpa is close to a 3.9 science and overall. But it looks like the "and" they have might mean I don't make the mission. I certainly have the extracurriculars and what not as well. But from reading it a 10th time I'm starting to think to meet that criteria you need the gpa, mcat, and significant experiences. Who the hell knows tho...
Oh ****t!!! Good luck, my fellow Nevadan! LolWhew! Just got an email from OHSU and they said I am currently being screened and am part of the mission based group!!!
If you don't mind me asking what was your complete date and gpa/mcat?
Trying diligently to see if I meet there mission based standards as well. Haha
Thanks! HahaOh ****t!!! Good luck, my fellow Nevadan! Lol
If you don't mind me asking what was your complete date and gpa/mcat?
Trying diligently to see if I meet there mission based standards as well. Haha
Complete 7/20. 3.63 GPA and 515 MCAT. But I am also URM.
Last edited:
6.63 GPA
Figured out why I haven't received an II yet
3.63 I'm assumingThanks! Haha
Complete 7/20. 6.63 GPA and 515 MCAT. But I am also URM.
Yeah lol IDK how that happened3.63 I'm assuming
Lol! x)Figured out why I haven't received an II yet
Just curious how long did it take most people to get the complete designation? I submitted my secondary a month ago and still have the following message: "Once your file has been processed, updates about the status of your application, including the receipt and processing of all letters of recommendation, will appear on this status page. Before that time, your status here will NOT change. If you are concerned about the status of your letters, please verify with AMCAS that they have been submitted and that you have designated OHSU as a recipient."
Do you think I should try to contact them?
Do you think I should try to contact them?
Same boat, submitted right around a month ago as well. Though it says “several weeks” on the portal, either in the FAQ or an email I read six weeks, so I was going to wait at least that long (if not longer) before checking in.
Ah okay thanks. I'll do the same then!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this afternoon!! So excited!! Good luck everyone, rooting for all of you 🙂
Does anyone else's portal show this, "Your file has been screened and is currently on hold for an interview, pending further review."
Got this too, anyone know what it means?
II this afternoon!! So excited!! Good luck everyone, rooting for all of you 🙂
Congrats! When were you complete? and are you OOS?
This is just a PSA that if you submitted mid-August or so, it's normal for them to not have processed your app yet. I called them because more than 6 weeks had passed and I was concerned that my fee didn't go through (I have fee assistance and they don't have a way to see if it was processed on their portal). They're just not there yet but should be by the end of next week. I feel so impatient for calling now lol
Thank you! Complete 8/10. And yes, OOS (California).Congrats! When were you complete? and are you OOS?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 543
- Views
- 156K
- Replies
- 730
- Views
- 222K
- Replies
- 444
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 172K