2017-2018 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Espacio reservado para las preguntas de la applicacion segundaria.

Por favor compartan las preguntas de la applicacion segundario (y tambien sus limites de palabra o letra) en este red y hasle 'tag' a uno de nosotros (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) para que nosotros podamos actualizar el post original.

Suerte a todos!

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted Primary on June 30th, anyone know when the email/secondary comes out?

Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Espacio reservado para las preguntas de la applicacion segundaria.

Por favor compartan las preguntas de la applicacion segundario (y tambien sus limites de palabra o letra) en este red y hasle 'tag' a uno de nosotros (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) para que nosotros podamos actualizar el post original.

Suerte a todos!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary email received, money order sent, transcript sent. Now the wait begins.

So, with the hurricanes... I heard there's no power in Puerto Rico. Do the schools still exist? Half kidding...

Secondary email received, money order sent, transcript sent. Now the wait begins.

So, with the hurricanes... I heard there's no power in Puerto Rico. Do the schools still exist? Half kidding...
They expect to start classes next week. There is no power in Caguas right now and the school is running on a generator. They don't have internet or phone service and don't know when it will come back so I wouldn't expect them to send you any updates anytime soon :/

Reactions: 1 user
Hello All,

I am a first-year medical student at San Juan Bautista's MD school. As of now, the power in the school has been restored, the internet, the phone services and classes are back to normal.

Reactions: 2 users
I called today and they finally have my registration fee. It took a couple of weeks for them to get it, but at least they can finally get the ball rolling on my application. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone received interview invites yet? Best of luck guys!

I just received an interview this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
Have they given out IIs? I was completed shortly after the hurricanes (I had to resend some transcripts). Anyone hear anything or have been admitted?

Have they given out IIs? I was completed shortly after the hurricanes (I had to resend some transcripts). Anyone hear anything or have been admitted?
I’ve heard from a few classmates who have interviews on february

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any acceptances/WL/rejections yet?

Congrats! Can you tell us how long after the interview did they take to respond and how your experience on interview day was? I have an interview and I am OOS.
Sorry for the late reply! I was told to expect a reply two weeks after my interview but it was sooner than that (1.5 weeks). I would recommend practicing MMI scenarios beforehand ; I honestly ended up having a very relaxed experienced and I loved the school.

Sorry for the late reply! I was told to expect a reply two weeks after my interview but it was sooner than that (1.5 weeks). I would recommend practicing MMI scenarios beforehand ; I honestly ended up having a very relaxed experienced and I loved the school.

Can you tell me what you loved about it?

Can you tell me what you loved about it?
The comradery between the medical students was really impressive. Based on what I saw during the tour and the professionalism I encountered throughout the interview, I know I would be very happy at this school. Their curriculum is systems-based, which is also a huge winning point for me.

Does anyone knows how many students have been accepted so far? Thanks.

Does anyone knows how many students have been accepted so far? Thanks.
I want to know that too. They started interviewing this week, they had 3 weeks without interviewing anyone. 15 interviews per day, that's what I heard

I want to know that too. They started interviewing this week, they had 3 weeks without interviewing anyone. 15 interviews per day, that's what I heard
What I heard on my interview was that they just started interviewing last month and plan to interview until May, so they should have started to send acceptances but they should still have most of their seats open ( 60 seats total)

What I heard on my interview was that they just started interviewing last month and plan to interview until May, so they should have started to send acceptances but they should still have most of their seats open ( 60 seats total)

How went the interview? Did u like the school?

How went the interview? Did u like the school?
It went well! ( fingers crossed!) it was MMI and everyone was super nice. It was both in Spanish and English. I am fluent in both but with the nerves I know I stumbled over my Spanish a bit and they were totally nice about it . Afterwards there's an optional tour of the school by students and they're super nice. Overall it took like 2 1/2 hrs with the tour and questions. The school itself is nice, kind of old and super small. Could use some TLC and its not flashy or fancy by any means. What I did like is the way they set up their courses and how they prepare their students for the Steps. they use question banks from previous Steps test to make up the course exams so by the time you take the Steps you are super prepared, so I liked that the most. I have another interview at another school, but this one definitely impressed me with how they prepare their students. The actual place I didn't care for much.

Has anyone who interviewed in march received an acceptance?

Not yet!! Interviewed March 20th! I got ammepted at another school so I will be withdrawing my application either way, best of luck to all of you!

Does anyone know how many students have accepted and know that are going to sjb? Roughly

Has anyone got interviewed and/or accepted recently? Thanks

Hello! I'm a 2nd year at SJB, from out of state. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask - I'll give you an unbiased answer. In case you didn't know, our LCME accreditation was just renewed last month. We also just came out with our first school newsletter about a month ago - if you'd like to read it you can find it on our school's LinkedIn page. Good luck everyone and congrats to those accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! I'm a 2nd year at SJB, from out of state. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask - I'll give you an unbiased answer. In case you didn't know, our LCME accreditation was just renewed last month. We also just came out with our first school newsletter about a month ago - if you'd like to read it you can find it on our school's LinkedIn page. Good luck everyone and congrats to those accepted!

do you know if the class is already full?

Does anyone know how much the school takes into account how fluent you are in either/both languages?