2017-2018 University of South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to Shelley they are almost to the bottom third of the waitlist. Do y'all think there will be much more movement? Is late May "late" in terms of the waitlist cycle?

I certainly hope so! I would expect that another movement week occurs sometime mid-late June!

The facebook group currently has 69 people, although take it with a grain of salt because (1) I'm sure not everyone who is planning to attend has joined the page. But also (2) some of those members in the facebook group are current currents or applicants that have multiple acceptances to elsewhere. But I think 69 is a fairly accurate number to trust

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I certainly hope so! I would expect that another movement week occurs sometime mid-late June!

The facebook group currently has 69 people, although take it with a grain of salt because (1) I'm sure not everyone who is planning to attend has joined the page. But also (2) some of those members in the facebook group are current currents or applicants that have multiple acceptances to elsewhere. But I think 69 is a fairly accurate number to trust

Thanks for the reply. Why do you say Mid-Late June? Is that when a lot of people are forced to make decisions?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm wondering the same since the final, final decision day has passed? If that makes sense. I feel like GENERALLY the chances of anymore acceptances decreases exponentially?

Thanks for the reply. Why do you say Mid-Late June? Is that when a lot of people are forced to make decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
They are at the bottom of the waitlist now.

Called the office and they said that Shelley would contact me about my status soon (I gave them my name).... Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

When y’all say they’re at the bottom of the waitlist, I’m assuming you’re talking about the in state list right

No worries! I just figured I’d clarify.

So..... if the entire IS list is exhausted, do they move to the OOS list or start calling up denied ISers? Haha

They'll just move to the OOS list, but that won't happen. Don't think they'll accept everyone off the IS waitlist, my guess is maybe they have 5 more acceptances? I don't know. Hopefully I get in....

They are at the bottom of the waitlist now.

Called the office and they said that Shelley would contact me about my status soon (I gave them my name).... Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I’d take that as a good thing! Finally into the bottom third! Good luck everyone, let’s hope this waitlist keeps moving strong for all of us!

Anyone heard anything on the OOS list?

I'm on the IS list and haven't heard anything....

Anyone else mind calling admissions really quick and asking them to comment on the waitlist movement? I would do it but I don't want to annoy them (already called them this week). It takes like 2 seconds.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any word?....

No word on my end. Was only told that they just approached bottom-third of the waitlist and that movement will just be slower from here on out. Let's pray this movement keeps going strong!

No word on my end. Was only told that they just approached bottom-third of the waitlist and that movement will just be slower from here on out. Let's pray this movement keeps going strong!

Thanks for the reply man. When did you give them a call? What third of the bottom are you in?

Thanks for the reply man. When did you give them a call? What third of the bottom are you in?

I asked sometime last week, but I didn't ask about my position. All I know is that I was placed in bottom-third of the entire waitlist when they first made it back in March.

Does anyone know if USC records class lectures? Seems like that can only benefit students (being able to go back and rewatch the class or easily make up a class you missed) but I can't find anything definitive on this policy at USC. Anybody know any more details about it?

Does anyone know if USC records class lectures? Seems like that can only benefit students (being able to go back and rewatch the class or easily make up a class you missed) but I can't find anything definitive on this policy at USC. Anybody know any more details about it?

They do after the first semester, according to the students who led us on a tour.

Called Shelley today, she said the class is pretty much set unfortunately. Going to have to reapply for a third time. I hate this and am very angry at myself, hopefully I can be better...

Called Shelley today, she said the class is pretty much set unfortunately. Going to have to reapply for a third time. I hate this and am very angry at myself, hopefully I can be better...
Don’t take it out on yourself! You got an interview and made it onto the waitlist which is a huge accomplishment in itself. I’m hoping this next cycle will be the one for you!

Can any accepted students confirm? How many people are registered for classes on self service?

The facebook group still only has 87 people and a handful of them are M1 and M2's

Last edited:
Can any accepted students confirm? How many people are registered for classes on self service?

The facebook group still only has 87 people and a handful of them are M1 and M2's

I don't think we have access to that yet because depends on when we submit our immunization requirements.

And I really wouldn't put so much stock in the Facebook group- you're making the grande assumption that everyone in the class has an account.

And I really wouldn't put so much stock in the Facebook group- you're making the grande assumption that everyone in the class has an account.

yeah I'm not lol. Taking it with a grain of salt of course, as I mentioned earlier in this thread

Last edited:
I don't want anyone to freak out but my friend gave up her spot here today. I wish you guys the best!

I don't want anyone to freak out but my friend gave up her spot here today. I wish you guys the best!

Lol thanks, Shelley confirmed that they're pretty much done though. They haven't offered an in-state position in over a month apparently. How come your friend gave up her spot?

Last edited:
Lol thanks, Shelley confirmed that they're pretty much done though. They haven't offered an in-state position in over a month apparently. How come your friend gave up her spot?

Yes it was unlikely, but so was my friend's acceptance off of the IS waitlist at MUSC.