You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
China and Eastern Asia 2018-2019 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hmm I think this is a bit tricky, since by now they are probably all done with Applicant Days... You can email the admission office to check 🙂Guys,
I have not heard anything back after I submitted my application. My application was submitted on January 11, but MCAT scores were released on Feb 24. Do you think there is higher chance of rejection?
existentialcrisis
Admitted MD
I waited for a little over 3 months. Keep your head up, mate.Is it normal to wait for 3 1/2 months for an outcome (still waiting), or are my chances of being accepted quite bleak?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
existentialcrisis
Admitted MD
No one but the admissions office knows that. Get in touch with them. They’re really helpful.Guys,
I have not heard anything back after I submitted my application. My application was submitted on January 11, but MCAT scores were released on Feb 24. Do you think there is higher chance of rejection?
Yeps, in SG.When did you interview? December?
I see, thanks so much.I waited for a little over 3 months. Keep your head up, mate.
StudentMcGriddles
Full Member
This is purely speculation but I have a feeling the admitted students webinar was moved as there may be a new round of offers being sent out...hmm
They postponed this? When did they postpone it to? Thanks!
waitingapplicant
Full Member
what is the admitted students webinar about?
Anyone knows if any offers for the Feb and Mar Applicant Day participants have been made yet?
StudentMcGriddles
Full Member
Interviewed in March, haven't heard anything. Worried that offers have already been sent out and it's a rejection 🙁Anyone knows if any offers for the Feb and Mar Applicant Day participants have been made yet?
I interviewed in Feb, and also haven't heard anything. I think the admissions office hasn't sent out any offers yet for Feb and March people, so maybe there's still hope there!
chocolate.lover
Full Member
Any acceptance lately? 🙂
Applicant234
New Member
All the best to everyone still waiting!! 🙂
I think they just released a new batch of offers today, just received mine! One day after April Fool's day haha.
DNapplicant123
New Member
Congrats @Chinmonology ! I just received my offer today as well 🙂 All the best to those still waiting!!I think they just released a new batch of offers today, just received mine! One day after April Fool's day haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
StudentMcGriddles
Full Member
I think they just released a new batch of offers today, just received mine! One day after April Fool's day haha.
Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when did y'all interview?
DNapplicant123
New Member
Thank you!! I interviewed in Sg on 11 Feb.Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, when did y'all interview?
Same here! I must have seen you during Applicant's Day haha
duckyduckgoose
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed in March hear back yet?
existentialcrisis
Admitted MD
I interviewed for the PhD component in March. Was told I’d hear back by the third week of April.Anyone who interviewed in March hear back yet?
DNapplicant123
New Member
Haha hello! See you arnd 🙂Same here! I must have seen you during Applicant's Day haha
existentialcrisis
Admitted MD
Congratulations to all new offer recepients! See you around 🙂
waitingapplicant
Full Member
Anyone still waiting?
still waiting...Anyone still waiting?
waitingapplicant
Full Member
Me too. I think chances are slim. How long have you been waiting?still waiting...
existentialcrisis
Admitted MD
still waiting...
Me too. I think chances are slim. How long have you been waiting?
When did you interview? And for just MD or MD/PhD?
duckyduckgoose
Full Member
I’m also still waiting, along with a few others who interviewed with me. We interviewed on Mar 4 at Duke, we all just interviewed for MD. PhD component was a separate interview from that day. was told we’d hear back earliest during the last week of March but more likely will be early April. They also said that no news was good news. So I don’t know but I THINK they still haven’t released the last round of offers....I hope. Seems the previous round released was more for Feb interviewees. Correct me if I’m wrong! Good luck to those still waiting as well, hang in there
Dec 10, for MD. A couple of people who interviewed with me have either been accepted/rejected around mid-march til now, but I just haven't heard anything back yet.When did you interview? And for just MD or MD/PhD?
Been radio silence for me ever since I interviewed in October.Anyone still waiting?
Ugh.
I thought they haven’t sent out any rejections?Dec 10, for MD. A couple of people who interviewed with me have either been accepted/rejected around mid-march til now, but I just haven't heard anything back yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
existentialcrisis
Admitted MD
Has anyone been rejected yet?
Not that I know of.
waitingapplicant
Full Member
Not that I know of.
I heard of a few, but I am not sure of the details.
chocolate.lover
Full Member
I heard of a few, but I am not sure of the details.
I heard rejections have been sent out too. So no news is good news at this point...
Just withdrew my offer. Hope my seat goes to one of you!
Applicant234
New Member
Just got my offer today! Immensely grateful 🙂Just withdrew my offer. Hope my seat goes to one of you!
MDApplicant101
New Member
Congratulations! Did you receive a call or email? And when was your Applicant Day?Just got my offer today! Immensely grateful 🙂
waitingapplicant
Full Member
Did anyone receive any updates about your status? Like if your application is still under active review? Because I am preparing for the worst now.
Applicant234
New Member
Thank you very much!! I received an email. Had my applicant day on 21 Jan in singapore.Congratulations! Did you receive a call or email? And when was your Applicant Day?
chocolate.lover
Full Member
Just got my offer today! Immensely grateful 🙂
Hmm... it does give me the feeling that all the seats have been filled. Anyone can enlighten me on this issue?
StudentMcGriddles
Full Member
Does anyone know what is the difference between Under Review and Under Active Review? Mine has been stuck at Under Review since the interview...
existentialcrisis
Admitted MD
If I am not mistaken (source: reddit; two people have interviews next week) that interviews are still ongoing. Seats are probably still open.Hmm... it does give me the feeling that all the seats have been filled. Anyone can enlighten me on this issue?
MDApplicant101
New Member
Mine has always been under review, before and after the interview, if I am not wrong.Does anyone know what is the difference between Under Review and Under Active Review? Mine has been stuck at Under Review since the interview...
chocolate.lover
Full Member
If I am not mistaken (source: reddit; two people have interviews next week) that interviews are still ongoing. Seats are probably still open.
This is a good news to hear. But on the side note, I think it's quite inconvenient and upsetting that Duke-NUS keeps holding its decision till the end, especially when offers (for those submitting multiple places) are coming in and the students need full information to make informed decision on where to go next.
duckyduckgoose
Full Member
If I am not mistaken (source: reddit; two people have interviews next week) that interviews are still ongoing. Seats are probably still open.
which reddit thread is this?
Mine has also been "under review", it's never been "under active review". Does "under active review" exist?? Is it different?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also for people who have jobs. My colleagues are always asking if I’m leaving or staying, because it’ll take them a proper few months to find a replacement.This is a good news to hear. But on the side note, I think it's quite inconvenient and upsetting that Duke-NUS keeps holding its decision till the end, especially when offers (for those submitting multiple places) are coming in and the students need full information to make informed decision on where to go next.
And I’m always like, “I don’t know!”
waitingapplicant
Full Member
Have you guys tried calling the school? I am tempted to.
Also for people who have jobs. My colleagues are always asking if I’m leaving or staying, because it’ll take them a proper few months to find a replacement.
And I’m always like, “I don’t know!”
Totally agree with you. My boss keep asking me if I am staying but my reply is always "I don't know".
And she's holding back my promotion because she don't want to promote someone who is going to leave the job soon.
StudentMcGriddles
Full Member
I think it's this one:which reddit thread is this?
Mine has also been "under review", it's never been "under active review". Does "under active review" exist?? Is it different?
I thought all the Applicant Days are over, so this seems a little odd...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 25
- Views
- 16K
- Replies
- 171
- Views
- 80K