You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 6/3 at 1040am.
Verified 6/19 at 11:47am
4 transcripts
Verified 6/19 at 11:47am
4 transcripts
Not yet :]anyone who submitted June 5 verified yet?
Twelvehens24
Full Member
6/3 at 4:30 pm
Verified: 6/19 at 3:15pm
Verified: 6/19 at 3:15pm
I was ready for review the morning of June 7th, so I’m in the same boat as you. The way I figure is that is there is 16 days between submitting and verification at this point we should be fine since we submitted 20 days before the 29th. I’ll probably start worrying around the 25th.I submitted around noon on June 9. I am still "Ready for Review." Will I be verified by June 29?
Last edited:
jebman8250
Full Member
AMCAS is actually ahead of schedule compared to last year. Last year apps could be submitted June 1st. So it took 15 calendar days/11 business days (June 15th) to get to the second day of apps (June 2nd). This year, we started on May 31, and got to the second day of apps (June 1st) on June 13th. Only 14 calendar/10 business days later. It took AMCAS 19 calendar/13 business days to get to the 4th day of apps. So if AMCAS gets to the 4th day (June 3rd apps) by Monday, June 18th, we're right on schedule with last year or better.
Bottom line is: don't stress. If you submitted on or before June 11th and things go as they did last year (which so far they are actually faster), you'll be in with the first batch. And even if you submitted after June 11th, you're pretty darn early and will be fine!
So based on the most recent updates, it would appear as though AMCAS is about one business day behind schedule compared to last year. Definitely would not stress or worry. I submitted June 10th at 6:41pm and based on previous years data, expect to be verified by the 29th and go out with the first batch.
And even if it's not verified by the 29th and my app gets in on July 2nd (next business day), 3rd, or even 5th, who cares?! The med schools sure don't. Get your secondaries in order now and submit them ASAP and you'll be golden. The only things that could possibly come from unwarranted stress are: A) more unwarranted stress, and B) poorly written/delayed secondaries because this valuable time is being wasted by paralyzing stress and worry. So don't do it!
Submitted 6/3 at 550 P.M.
Verified 6/19 at 230 P.M.
2 transcripts
Verified 6/19 at 230 P.M.
2 transcripts
L
LoveBeingHuman:)
@Lucca
Why are people "under review" for so long?
Why are people "under review" for so long?
@Lucca
Why are people "under review" for so long?
I don’t know. I imagine it means something like “this app has been sent to a reviewer’s desk.” But that desk also contains 250 other apps
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
L
LoveBeingHuman:)
Submitted 6/3 around 11 PM
Verified 6/19 around 11 PM
1 transcript
Verified 11pm? What time zone are you in 😕
what time did you submit? also what is your time zoneSubmitted 6/4
Verified 6/20
gatoradeco2019
Full Member
Submitted 6/4 12:56 AM
Verified 6/20 8:35 AM
Verified 6/20 8:35 AM
Verified 11pm? What time zone are you in 😕
I was really confused about this too - I'm on the East Coast!
Submitted 6/3 at like 9:00pm.
Verified 6/20 at 9:20am.
3 transcripts.
Verified 6/20 at 9:20am.
3 transcripts.
If someone submitted on June 8th, does it look likely that it will be verified BEFORE the transmission date?
medappnervousomg
Full Member
Why does their website/twitter say that they are reviewing apps submitted 6/2 when it looks like they are well onto 6/3 apps and even 6/4?
Why does their website/twitter say that they are reviewing apps submitted 6/2 when it looks like they are well onto 6/3 apps and even 6/4?
Probably the majority of apps they are looking at is 6/2?
jebman8250
Full Member
Probably the majority of apps they are looking at is 6/2?
I doubt it. It might just be a mistake, or they may just have a couple outliers that are taking longer. They likely don't move the day forward until every app from that day is done, because if not, they'll be inundated with emails from people who submitted on June 2nd wondering why they haven't been verified yet but the twitter account says they're on June 3rd.
Also, if there were really that many June 2nd-ers not verified, we'd be hearing about it on here as well. Think it's just a few stragglers.
curtis_the_caveman
New Member
Submitted 6/7
Verified 6/20
1 transcript.
Verified 6/20
1 transcript.
You'll probably be fine 👍If someone submitted on June 8th, does it look likely that it will be verified BEFORE the transmission date?
Submitted 6/7
Verified 6/20
1 transcript.
How did you get verified today if you submitted on 6/7? Are you EDP? In either case, good for you lol.
can someone on reddit post my site on premeddit as well?
Official 2018-2019 SDN Verification Timeline
I dont do the reddit
Official 2018-2019 SDN Verification Timeline
I dont do the reddit
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn that was fastSubmitted 6/7
Verified 6/20
1 transcript.
curtis_the_caveman
New Member
Nope! I guess I just got lucky lol Not gonna question itHow did you get verified today if you submitted on 6/7? Are you EDP? In either case, good for you lol.
what time did you submit? also what is your time zone
I submitted at 12:06am on 6/4, I'm in central time. Also, I had 2 transcripts.
Submitted 5/31 at 2130.
Under Review 6/19 at 1200.
Verified 6/20 at 1130.
3 Transcripts.
Why it took so long for a first day app to be Under Review, we'll never know. Didn't have any major issues, just a correction on one semester's worth of courses with a different So/Jr designation due to their hours. Maybe the fact I have 242 hours, not including 18 they classify as A/P and they put mine at the bottom of the pile. Was starting to worry. Good luck to everyone on secondaries and subsequent interviews.
Under Review 6/19 at 1200.
Verified 6/20 at 1130.
3 Transcripts.
Why it took so long for a first day app to be Under Review, we'll never know. Didn't have any major issues, just a correction on one semester's worth of courses with a different So/Jr designation due to their hours. Maybe the fact I have 242 hours, not including 18 they classify as A/P and they put mine at the bottom of the pile. Was starting to worry. Good luck to everyone on secondaries and subsequent interviews.
Does anyone know why its taking longer these last two years? I remember verification being done within the first day or two a couple years ago. Not sure if this has been answered.
More people learning to apply early?
Does anyone know why its taking longer these last two years? I remember verification being done within the first day or two a couple years ago. Not sure if this has been answered.
This year’s verification times are consistent with all cycles back to 2014-15
Just realized I wasn't reading the old thread correctly. Whoops!This year’s verification times are consistent with all cycles back to 2014-15
submitted 6/4 8:59pm
verified 6/21 10:32am
1 transcript
verified 6/21 10:32am
1 transcript
medappnervousomg
Full Member
June 29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jebman8250
Full Member
When does AMCAS release to schools this year?
June 29th.
But, just sayin', you could've just typed your post into google and clicked I'm Feeling Lucky. It's in the first link

Consider it a PSA. Your sharing of information could save hundreds of lost seconds from google searches all around the world.June 29th.
But, just sayin', you could've just typed your post into google and clicked I'm Feeling Lucky. It's in the first link![]()
June 6 wya?
+1June 6 wya?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 86
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K