***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted - 6/2 @ 15:30 MDT
AMCAS processing complete - 6/18 @ 10:13 MDT

3 transcripts

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Submitted 6/2 5:48PM ET
Processing complete 6/18 2:55PM ET

2 transcripts

Submitted 6/3 at 550 A.M PST
Verified 6/19 at 749 A.M. PST

2 transcripts

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 6/3 at 1040am.
Verified 6/19 at 11:47am

4 transcripts

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted 6/3 around 5 PM
Verified 6/19 at 3:20 PM

I submitted around noon on June 9. I am still "Ready for Review." Will I be verified by June 29?

I submitted around noon on June 9. I am still "Ready for Review." Will I be verified by June 29?
I was ready for review the morning of June 7th, so I’m in the same boat as you. The way I figure is that is there is 16 days between submitting and verification at this point we should be fine since we submitted 20 days before the 29th. I’ll probably start worrying around the 25th.

Last edited:
AMCAS is actually ahead of schedule compared to last year. Last year apps could be submitted June 1st. So it took 15 calendar days/11 business days (June 15th) to get to the second day of apps (June 2nd). This year, we started on May 31, and got to the second day of apps (June 1st) on June 13th. Only 14 calendar/10 business days later. It took AMCAS 19 calendar/13 business days to get to the 4th day of apps. So if AMCAS gets to the 4th day (June 3rd apps) by Monday, June 18th, we're right on schedule with last year or better.

Bottom line is: don't stress. If you submitted on or before June 11th and things go as they did last year (which so far they are actually faster), you'll be in with the first batch. And even if you submitted after June 11th, you're pretty darn early and will be fine!

So based on the most recent updates, it would appear as though AMCAS is about one business day behind schedule compared to last year. Definitely would not stress or worry. I submitted June 10th at 6:41pm and based on previous years data, expect to be verified by the 29th and go out with the first batch.

And even if it's not verified by the 29th and my app gets in on July 2nd (next business day), 3rd, or even 5th, who cares?! The med schools sure don't. Get your secondaries in order now and submit them ASAP and you'll be golden. The only things that could possibly come from unwarranted stress are: A) more unwarranted stress, and B) poorly written/delayed secondaries because this valuable time is being wasted by paralyzing stress and worry. So don't do it!

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted 6/3 at 550 P.M.
Verified 6/19 at 230 P.M.

2 transcripts

Submitted 6/3 around 11 PM (Edit: EST)
Verified 6/19 around 11 PM (Edit: EST :wideyed:)

1 transcript

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If someone submitted on June 8th, does it look likely that it will be verified BEFORE the transmission date?

Why does their website/twitter say that they are reviewing apps submitted 6/2 when it looks like they are well onto 6/3 apps and even 6/4?

Probably the majority of apps they are looking at is 6/2?

I doubt it. It might just be a mistake, or they may just have a couple outliers that are taking longer. They likely don't move the day forward until every app from that day is done, because if not, they'll be inundated with emails from people who submitted on June 2nd wondering why they haven't been verified yet but the twitter account says they're on June 3rd.

Also, if there were really that many June 2nd-ers not verified, we'd be hearing about it on here as well. Think it's just a few stragglers.

An AMCAS staffer told me yesterday that they had over 4,000 applications submitted on June 1. He said it took them 2 weeks to make it to verifying applications submitted on June 2.

Reactions: 2 users
My application says it is finished processing.
i submitted on the 19th and it is already processed. Am i reading it wrong?

I also saw they put an X for a transfer credit post college course physics. does that mean its not used?

Submitted 5/31 at 2130.
Under Review 6/19 at 1200.
Verified 6/20 at 1130.
3 Transcripts.
Why it took so long for a first day app to be Under Review, we'll never know. Didn't have any major issues, just a correction on one semester's worth of courses with a different So/Jr designation due to their hours. Maybe the fact I have 242 hours, not including 18 they classify as A/P and they put mine at the bottom of the pile. Was starting to worry. Good luck to everyone on secondaries and subsequent interviews.

Does anyone know why its taking longer these last two years? I remember verification being done within the first day or two a couple years ago. Not sure if this has been answered.

Does anyone know why its taking longer these last two years? I remember verification being done within the first day or two a couple years ago. Not sure if this has been answered.

More people learning to apply early?

This year’s verification times are consistent with all cycles back to 2014-15

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted 6/4 around noon.
Under review 6/21.
Verified 6/21.
2 transcripts
CST

Submitted 6/4 10:30pm
Verified 6/21 12:30pm
1 transcript

When does AMCAS release to schools this year?

June 29th.

But, just sayin', you could've just typed your post into google and clicked I'm Feeling Lucky. It's in the first link :whistle:
Consider it a PSA. Your sharing of information could save hundreds of lost seconds from google searches all around the world.

Submitted: 06/04 6:00pm MST
Verified: 06/21 12:00 pm MST
2 Transcripts

Now the calm before the storm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.