***2018-2019 Official AMCAS Verification Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted 6/5 at 1054 pm, verified 6/26 1054 am

Members don't see this ad.

Did yours go under review before it was verified? Or straight from ready to review?

Not sure the exact time, but it was under review for less than an hour, it went quickly from "ready to review" to "verified". The reviewer marked only two courses as corrected.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
verified june 26 from June 6 10:45am

Submitted: 6/6 at 11:37 AM PST
Verifird: 6/26 at 12:59 PM PST

Submitted June 6, @ 3:50 PM EST
Processed June 26, @ 5:16 PM EST

Never saw it go 'under review'

finally verified today
My guess is since I transferred twice during undergrad, my case mustve been sent to a supervisor or something

I doubt it. I had 10 transcripts, a joint services transcript, and a letter from the department of education from my state saying one of my schools was closed down, and I was still verified within a few days. The queue is just long now.

I doubt it. I had 10 transcripts, a joint services transcript, and a letter from the department of education from my state saying one of my schools was closed down, and I was still verified within a few days. The queue is just long now.

"Damn son."

Reactions: 2 users

i understand what youre saying. my status changed from "ready for review" (in the queue) to "under review" (my turn), and stayed under review for like 10 days for reasons known but to godamcas blololol +pity+people who submitted later than I were getting verified

i understand what youre saying. my status changed from "ready for review" (in the queue) to "under review" (my turn), and stayed under review for like 10 days for reasons known but to godamcas blololol +pity+people who submitted later than I were getting verified

Well, at least you're getting out on the 29th.

I have a question about schools receiving the primary and the verification process.

I submitted my primary and added only one school to get the verification process going on 6/14 and now, today being 6/26, I am adding 20 more schools while my app is still being verified. It was my assumption that AMCAS does not send out the app to schools until its verified, so I was thinking that, no matter when I added on the remaining schools, my app would be sent to my school list at the same time (the time at of verification). In other words, my assumption was whether I added my remaining schools on 6/14 or any day during my verification period, my app would be sent to those schools at the same time.

Is this true? Does AMCAS not even inform schools that you're applying to them until your app is verified?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about schools receiving the primary and the verification process.

I submitted my primary and added only one school to get the verification process going on 6/14 and now, today being 6/26, I am adding 20 more schools while my app is still being verified. It was my assumption that AMCAS does not send out the app to schools until its verified, so I was thinking that, no matter when I added on the remaining schools, my app would be sent to my school list at the same time (the time at of verification). In other words, my assumption was whether I added my remaining schools on 6/14 or any day during my verification period, my app would be sent to those schools at the same time.

Is this true? Does AMCAS not even inform schools that you're applying to them until your app is verified?

I think AMCAS does inform the schools you listed with your name and email, some schools like Geisel will even send you secondary before they get your verified app

Am I screwed if I haven’t submitted yet?

No, try and submit by August and you'll still be pretty solid. I think if you send it in by mid July you'll have plenty of time to finish it up before then and get it verified before August. If you have an amazing application you could even get away with later but wouldn't recommend it. You want to have time to get secondaries and submit them by end of August/mid September.

No, try and submit by August and you'll still be pretty solid. I think if you send it in by mid July you'll have plenty of time to finish it up before then and get it verified before August. If you have an amazing application you could even get away with later but wouldn't recommend it. You want to have time to get secondaries and submit them by end of August/mid September.

Ok that helps a lot. I’m applying to only a few MD schools and the rest DO so I’ve kind of delayed my AMCAS app but that gives me a good timeline to shoot for.

if i'm getting a weird message when i log in saying that i "don't have access to this system" does that mean they are reviewing my app?

if i'm getting a weird message when i log in saying that i "don't have access to this system" does that mean they are reviewing my app?

I don't think so. I submitted June 10th so I shouldn't be getting reviewed quite yet but it was happening to me too when I was adding a couple schools. I think AMCAS's system was just glitching out.

Submitted 6/6 9:10 pm
Verified 6/27 12:27 pm

Submitted 6/6 8:12 pm EST
Verified 6/27 11:141am EST

Now that I'm verified and don't need to watch this forum religiously what will I do with my life :thinking:

Reactions: 1 users
submitted 9:52 pm on 6/6
verified 1:09 pm today 6/27

What happens if you get verified on the 29th? Do you still get your apps sent out in the first round?

if you submit on June 13th you're looking at a ~june 30th verification date. It won't really hurt you. The earliest they get sent to schools is June 29th.

I ended up needing to make more edits/changes than I thought. When would my application be verified (approximately) once I submit it tonight?

Submitted: 6/7, 10:35am ET

Under Review: 6/28, 8:48am ET (could’ve been earlier but this is when I checked first)

Verified: 6/28, 9:40am ET

6 transcripts

Woo! Today's my day. I'm nervous the extra copies of my transcripts that arrived later set me back in line. Anyone send extra copies and have them get received later and know if this is a thing?

(honestly can't tell if this is a reasonable concern or something I made up out of paranoia)

Woo! Today's my day. I'm nervous the extra copies of my transcripts that arrived later set me back in line. Anyone send extra copies and have them get received later and know if this is a thing?

(honestly can't tell if this is a reasonable concern or something I made up out of paranoia)

This is funny. I've been obsessively checking this thread because I'm in the same boat. I was marked ready on 6/7 but one of my schools sent in an extra copy which was recd 6/14. It was the EXACT same transcript, just an extra copy. Did it reset my counter? Anyone know?

This is funny. I've been obsessively checking this thread because I'm in the same boat. I was marked ready on 6/7 but one of my schools sent in an extra copy which was recd 6/14. It was the EXACT same transcript, just an extra copy. Did it reset my counter? Anyone know?

Ha! I personally haven't found any threads about this issue so I'm hoping this is something we collectively made up since I'm assuming someone would be angry ranting about this at some point...

(I submitted around 5:30pm EST for the record)

I'm at 2:15 pm. I'll keep ya updated. If any other 6/7ers would update!

Will keep you updated as well! Hopefully we can at least solve this mystery for future worriers

Edit: so decided to call up AMCAS and they claim it doesn't affect anything. I have trust issues but for what it's worth the woman on the phone was pretty adamant that it shouldn't reset our place in line

Last edited:
Anyone else verified? So nervous my extra transcripts somehow screwed everything up haha....
In my very rough estimate, it takes ~1 hour for them to complete 1 hour. Look at my ready time compared to the other 6/7 who posted and both of our verified times. He was ready at 1035, me at 2 something and we were verified about 5 hours apart. Also AMCAS is closed from 3-5pm on Wednesdays. No worries :) you'll probably be verified early tomorrow morning!

In my very rough estimate, it takes ~1 hour for them to complete 1 hour. Look at my ready time compared to the other 6/7 who posted and both of our verified times. He was ready at 1035, me at 2 something and we were verified about 5 hours apart. Also AMCAS is closed from 3-5pm on Wednesdays. No worries :) you'll probably be verified early tomorrow morning!

Haha it's Thursday! But you're right... probably getting worked up for no reason. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Verified! submitted 6/7 5:36pm. Went from under review to verified in like 5 minutes lol. Was going to delete above paranoia out of shame but hopefully this will serve as a lesson for others to not be like me!

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted 6/7 late night; still Ready for Review.

Submitted very, very late on 6/7 and have been hanging out under review for a few hours now.

They seem to be having fun with us 6/7'ers! :whistle:

So I have a question now. Do applications get transmitted to schools in the order that they were verified? Like will a med school get a 6/1 person’s primary and send them a secondary before they get my 6/6 application? Or are we all in one pile that they send out all at once? I think I was under the assumption that today (being the day primaries first can get transmitted) I would wake up with a bunch of secondaries from schools who don’t screen, but I have nothing so far. Thanks for the help!!!!

Submitted: 6/7 at 10:53 pm
Verified: 6/29 at 1:08 pm

Submitted 6/8 12:46 am PST
Verified 6/29 11:33 am PST

Is it normal that I submitted on 6/7 and it is still "ready for review" whereas other people who have submitted after me are verified?

Edit: Submitted on 6/7 at 1:12 AM. Status: Ready for review

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.