You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Ponce School of Medicine
Started by Lawpy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would call for that one. They didn't mention anything about it to me, but I don't have FAP.Does anyone know if they waive the secondary fee with FAP?
Does anyone know when they start reviewing applications? My primary won't be verified until late August and that has me worried.
You're fine and early. They don't start reviewing too early so don't sweat itI would call for that one. They didn't mention anything about it to me, but I don't have FAP.
Does anyone know when they start reviewing applications? My primary won't be verified until late August and that has me worried.
You're fine and early. They don't start reviewing too early so don't sweat it
Thanks! I just want the best chances possible haha.
Does Ponce send out a "complete" email when they receive our secondary/transcripts, or do we have to call to make sure?
You should have gotten an email saying the form was submitted successfully.
Same! You from the mainland?Got an interview invite!!
Yes! I live in FloridaSame! You from the mainland?
I sent mine twice and had to email a week later to make sure they had them. I did keep tabs on the tracking of both my transcripts to rule out it was a mailing issue. Luckily they got them the second time. I’m sure you’ve tried emailing them?I have sent my transcripts to this school twice and I'm still getting emails saying that it has not been received :/ So frustrated!
Yes, and I called them. I've had the same problem with UCC and RCM. I went to UPRRP for two years before attending a US college for 3 yrs. It's the US college's transcripts that just keep disappearing once they've been ordered. 🙁 So frustrated because they can literally just use the AMCAS ones.I sent mine twice and had to email a week later to make sure they had them. I did keep tabs on the tracking of both my transcripts to rule out it was a mailing issue. Luckily they got them the second time. I’m sure you’ve tried emailing them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I agree, they can use the AMCAS transcripts for sure. No se amig@, quizá tendrás que ponerte en contacto con tus universidades, bueno la de USA. I hope they get delivered successfully when you send them again, suerte!Yes, and I called them. I've had the same problem with UCC and RCM. I went to UPRRP for two years before attending a US college for 3 yrs. It's the US college's transcripts that just keep disappearing once they've been ordered. 🙁 So frustrated because they can literally just use the AMCAS ones.
Yeah I agree, they can use the AMCAS transcripts for sure. No se amig@, quizá tendrás que ponerte en contacto con tus universidades, bueno la de USA. I hope they get delivered successfully when you send them again, suerte!
Gracias! Por parte de la universidad de USA, ellos estan haciendolo bien. Hasta puedo ver que los transcripts llegaron a San Juan y entonces desde ahi...nada. Llame a UCC y RCM esta semana y me dijeron que ellos no tenian nada mio que no sea de UPRRP 🙁 Literally no se que mas hacer. Pero gracias en verdad, mucha suerte tambien! Te deseo lo mejor!
loveformedicina
New Member
Yes, and I called them. I've had the same problem with UCC and RCM. I went to UPRRP for two years before attending a US college for 3 yrs. It's the US college's transcripts that just keep disappearing once they've been ordered. 🙁 So frustrated because they can literally just use the AMCAS ones.
Same. I sent them twice and trying to find out if they got the second ones. 🙁
glycosaminoglycan-pr
New Member
Accepted también!
Congratulations! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Hopefully I can help someone, not too long ago I was in your shoes. Exito everyone
Hi, I would love to have some questions answered. I loved the program and the united of the school, but it is a big step.
Are the lectures in spanish or in english?
In the interview, I heard something about having new rotations sites somewhere in New York in the near future. Can you shine some light on that if you have heard anything ?
How well do students match in US residency positions, I am from the mainland and my goal would be to come back to the US to practice. I have tried to find some data but nothing comes up. Would love to see some data (if you have).
How much times is allocated to studying for the USMLE 1 between year 2 and 3 ?
Thank you so much 🙂
Also, what is the situation like after the hurricane?Congratulations! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Hopefully I can help someone, not too long ago I was in your shoes. Exito everyone
Hi, I would love to have some questions answered. I loved the program and the united of the school, but it is a big step.
Are the lectures in spanish or in english? -
- We have a flipped classroom. So we watch videos and go to class to answer questions and discuss. Videos are in english and some have a spanish alternative. As far as class discussion, it's usually in english, but some professors prefer to mix in some spanish too. Discussion and test questions are all in english though, as well as ppts and any material they give us.
In the interview, I heard something about having new rotations sites somewhere in New York in the near future. Can you shine some light on that if you have heard anything ?
- I heard about this during our orientation week, but I really can't provide any more info because I don't know. Sorry!
How well do students match in US residency positions, I am from the mainland and my goal would be to come back to the US to practice. I have tried to find some data but nothing comes up. Would love to see some data (if you have).
- From what I've heard students match well in US residency positions. Which makes sense seeing as there are not a lot of residency spots in PR anyway, and so it's more challenging securing a residency spot here. A big chunk of students ends up in the mainland. They showed us the data during orientation.
How much times is allocated to studying for the USMLE 1 between year 2 and 3 ?
- I was told students finish the second MS2 semester at the end of April/beginning of May for Step studying.
Thank you so much 🙂
Also, what is the situation like after the hurricane?
Everything is stable. Not once has the power, water or internet gone out for me in my apartment. So far all of these services have been stable in the school too.
Hello!
I'm wondering what they wanted in the portfolio they requested for the interview? I'm assuming a cover letter, resume, and anything I did from my undergraduate studies in paper form. Should the portfolio be in Spanish?
Also they said in the email they will be administering a test verifying my Spanish on the interview day. What does the test consist of?
Buena suerte a todos en este ciclo!
I'm wondering what they wanted in the portfolio they requested for the interview? I'm assuming a cover letter, resume, and anything I did from my undergraduate studies in paper form. Should the portfolio be in Spanish?
Also they said in the email they will be administering a test verifying my Spanish on the interview day. What does the test consist of?
Buena suerte a todos en este ciclo!
Hello!
I'm wondering what they wanted in the portfolio they requested for the interview? I'm assuming a cover letter, resume, and anything I did from my undergraduate studies in paper form. Should the portfolio be in Spanish?
Also they said in the email they will be administering a test verifying my Spanish on the interview day. What does the test consist of?
Buena suerte a todos en este ciclo!
They just want to make sure you speak Spanish. They do this by holding a conversation with you in Spanish, nothing else.
They just want to make sure you speak Spanish. They do this by holding a conversation with you in Spanish, nothing else.
I see. I read it as if it was separate written exam from the interview. Thank you for the clarification!
Also this is the closest thing I could find to help with you MATCH data question. https://www.psm.edu/wp-content/uplo...Information-and-Student-Achievement-Guide.pdf
I have heard that exams and material is in english but professors have the options to lecture in Spanish.
Dedicated time towards USMLE is 4-6 weeks like most schools from what I have seen. There is a 4 week period reserved for a review course which could be the time you referring to.
Hope this helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had an II but cancelled it. Good luck!Anyone accepted or with invitations for interview for this cycle?
Got it thanks same to youI had an II but cancelled it. Good luck!
Questions for anyone who could give an informed answer.
How often do you have exams ?
How long do you have to study for the boards, and is there a board prep ?
If you live in the main land, how often do you go home to visit during the semester?
I didn't have a chance to ask those questions in interview day since there were lots of stuff going on that day. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
How often do you have exams ?
How long do you have to study for the boards, and is there a board prep ?
If you live in the main land, how often do you go home to visit during the semester?
I didn't have a chance to ask those questions in interview day since there were lots of stuff going on that day. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
aspirantes_medicus
New Member
Hi all, it occurred to me that I could attempt to apply to Ponce this admissions cycle (2019-2020)
I originally had plans to only apply for masters this year, but I wanna give Ponce a shot this cycle. Haven’t started the app, just wanna get some pointers on this. I would be submitting the primary app mid October-ish.
A bit about me and my credentials: I go to Cornell University, 3.50 GPA, strong medicine extracurriculars (direct work with patients, in triage). Puerto Rican, born and raised.
Let me know what tips you have and if it’s too late for me to apply!
I originally had plans to only apply for masters this year, but I wanna give Ponce a shot this cycle. Haven’t started the app, just wanna get some pointers on this. I would be submitting the primary app mid October-ish.
A bit about me and my credentials: I go to Cornell University, 3.50 GPA, strong medicine extracurriculars (direct work with patients, in triage). Puerto Rican, born and raised.
Let me know what tips you have and if it’s too late for me to apply!
what were your stats?Accepted también!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 234
- Views
- 77K