2025-2026 Ponce (St. Louis)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

do they accept letters of intent ?

edit: yes they do, I just emailed them one and they attached it to my application file
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlisted this morning, interviewed 3/3... what is waitlist movement like at this school? good luck to everyone else though!
 
Last edited:
When you received the email saying you'll be sent 2 emails from Kira Talent, were those two emails sent to you the same day or a few days after?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
M2 here,

1. Is the subspecialty I'm thinking about competitive? Yes (highly consider your MD options or if you have time to reapply and make necessary changes), If no (cheapest option for sure). MD vs DO, really comes down to a personal decision, regardless of the decision made by others in the thread you have to choose it for yourself. In reality MD vs DO doesn't matter, you will be a doctor, how you get there is entirely up to you. No one can make that decision for you, can't emphasize this enough.

DO, unfortunately is still the harder route, most students take comlex and usmle for all three sets of exams STEP 1, 2, and 3, are they similar enough? No clue, but that's an added hurdle. There are DO friendly programs for competititve subspecilities, but you will be competing for less spots as well as still competing with your MD counterparts. It's tough decision and there isn't a correct answer here.

2. Do you care about the letters behind your name? It's a personal decision once again.

3. Would you happy with your decision for the rest of your life?? Again, it's a personal decision.

For people in this boat, question 1 is the most important, the other two are important, but inconsequential in the long run because you will be treating patients and making people better.

When it gets down to it, choose for yourself and not based on what other people are doing. Carve your own path!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had my live interview on 3/3. On the interview day, there was no live interviewer present. So I just answered the prompt and ended the link. I have been reaching out to them since then and trying to follow up with them. Today I got an email from them saying I will have to take the interview again.
Has something like this happened to someone, and if so, how long did they take was after the second interview to give the final decision?
Congratulations to everyone who has already gotten in.
 
I had my live interview on 3/3. On the interview day, there was no live interviewer present. So I just answered the prompt and ended the link. I have been reaching out to them since then and trying to follow up with them. Today I got an email from them saying I will have to take the interview again.
Has something like this happened to someone, and if so, how long did they take was after the second interview to give the final decision?
Congratulations to everyone who has already gotten in.
It seems that those who were interviewed in Feb are just now receiving decisions. If you have to redo your interview, I'm sorry for that. Maybe they'll expedite your decision. I interviewed at the end of March, so I think that's it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlist movement will go late for most schools, one of my classmates got in three days before classes started. Don't count yourselves out yet!

Good luck for those who are making their decisions right now, praying for those who are on multiple waitlists, and for those without good luck this year, wishing you all the best!!