2025-2026 Ponce (St. Louis)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received Kira assessment and interviewing this Friday, 2/28 from 10-1 PM CST
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received interview email saying an asynchronous, one-question assessment. 8 minutes to complete a video recording answering a question prompt.

Are they really giving an acceptance/rejection email over a 8 min online video?
no! they have a second interview stage where you do MMI KIRAs with live interviewers
 
For people that interviewed, did you receive a confirmation after completing the Live one? I received a confirmation after completing the Asynchronous one but not for the live one.. is it normal?
 
I also received an interview invite but in the subject of the email it says st louis campus and then in the body of the email it says main campus? did anyone notice this typo in the email sent out this morning?
 
I also received an interview invite but in the subject of the email it says st louis campus and then in the body of the email it says main campus? did anyone notice this typo in the email sent out this morning?
Oh wow, I did not even notice that. Maybe it's a good idea to call the office.
 
Does anyone know how to confirm the interview day works for them? I went to the secondary dashboard and clicked appointments and interviews but I get a salesforce error? I emailed them but haven't heard back.
 
at the end of the email it also says that interviews will be conducted in english and spanish but according to AAMC only main campus (PR) does interviews in both languages and the st louis campus is strictly english.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to confirm the interview day works for them? I went to the secondary dashboard and clicked appointments and interviews but I get a salesforce error? I emailed them but haven't heard back.
I recommend calling the office to confirm. I sent the email back in november the moment I got an invite but got an email a couple weeks later they never received my confirmation email and gave the interview slot to someone else. Luckily I called the admissions office immediately and was able to get rescheduled, they said they’ve been habing trouble with their emails.
 
Guys, for those of you asking about interviewing main campus vs st. louis campus!

We are a branch campus (if you don't understand what this means just give it a quick google search), main campus does all the interviewing, while you might have some faculty from the St. Louis campus on the interviews, we are all one university, with many branches. Hope, this helps clarify. I don't know if interviewing will change after the first class graduates this year from the STL campus, but as of right now main campus handles all the interviews and decides who will get into the STL campus with the faculty here having some input over those decisions, again don't know how this will change after this years class graduates!
 
I was really excited about Ponce being my first MD interview invite, but then I took a look at the numbers.. ~$120k/yr COA??? I’m just not sure that kind of loan burden is worth it over my much cheaper DO acceptance at BUCOM (~$90k/yr COA). What would you guys do in my position??? Is being an MD and not having to take two sets of boards that much worth it? For context, I’m aiming for psych, which isn’t tooo competitive.
BUCOM is in my birth city, opened their doors during my application cycle!! Shoutout to them, they are still fairly new with there first class coming in last year and they are not fully accredited at the moment and won't be until 2028 when the first class graduates as it is a brand new school. So, you always run the risk of the school not getting accredited, which would make the degree useless at that point. I don't know the numbers on how many medical schools have received pre-accreditation and then didn't get full accreditation after, but that is something to think about for sure and please look into it just search the web! SDN is not the place to be taking suggestions as matters of fact!! PHSU being a branch campus is fully accredited from the start because it's not a separate school so the accreditation is extended through PR to us, which is nice.

MD vs DO: Firstly, you're only picking MD if the subspecialty is competitive, period. There are more DO friendly residency programs 100%, but still much less compared to the amount of schools and the amount of applicants. Secondly, it's a personal choice of what two letters you want behind your name, I don't think it matters because every one is paid the same and post-medical school no one cares where you went cause you're getting your asses handed to you together.

The money: I think this is a personal decision and one you have to make for yourself because at the end of the day it's on you to pay the money back. I would think hard about it before making a decision. They will teach you guys this when you do your loans, but Public Loan Forgiveness still exists and basically once you've worked for x amount of time your remaining loans are fully forgiven (most people pay the minimum for x amount of years). Simple google search should clarify that. I don't think most physicians unless they were in a hurry to get it paid off or work at a non-qualifying hospital, had to actually pay back the full volume of their loans because that program exist.

Also, I'm not in silicon valley, but I know the "AI doctors" I've experienced are tools to assist versus replacement. It will be a while before that happens because the insurance companies would have field day with lawsuits, etc. and because AI isn't there yet in terms of nuanced detail from individual to individual and the empathy portion to needed during history taking to illicit a genuine response. That's more of an opinion than a matter of fact, but I personally wouldn't factor that into your decision right now!

At the end of the day, you'll be doing what you want and helping people which is the important, how you get there is up to you!
 
Last edited:
Bruh im cooked the school just gave me a asynch interview and on top of that no link to actually register it
 
Bruh im cooked the school just gave me a asynch interview and on top of that no link to actually register it
The day of my interview they never sent the asynch link, they never responded to my email and were mot answering the phone. I had to contact kira support and they were able to send me the link.
 
The day of my interview they never sent the asynch link, they never responded to my email and were mot answering the phone. I had to contact kira support and they were able to send me the link.
thanks for ur answer! But what do u mean day of interview i thought its up to u to take it
 
Is it appropriate to send an LOI before receiving a decision? I interviewed 2/10.
Yes, but when you send know that many people are going to send an LOI so find a way to make it standout from everyone else, if you can’t do that don’t send it! My personal advice, just a suggestion not a matter of fact, cross reference with other people you know and get their opinion!

Good luck and congrats on interview big step!!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What’s the Kira pre recorded question? Is it related to the interview? I just got email saying I am invited for interview last week and I am confused because will I get scheduled for interview after they review my Kira am I able to schedule my interview right after I submit the video?
 
What’s the Kira pre recorded question? Is it related to the interview? I just got email saying I am invited for interview last week and I am confused because will I get scheduled for interview after they review my Kira am I able to schedule my interview right after I submit the video?
it’s like the pre interview in a way, i think after they review that they’ll send another email with an invitation to interview with a time & date
 
IMG_2141.jpeg


So what does this mean?


When a school reports a match rate it is a reflection of those who have applied to residency, it should not be interpreted as 100% or 96% or 80% of the class total matches because people will take research years, not pass classes, or take a leave of absence for whatever reason and those people won’t apply for residency because they will be off cycle!

It means that all those who applied to residency for that cycle matched, 14/14!
 
View attachment 416450

So what does this mean?


When a school reports a match rate it is a reflection of those who have applied to residency, it should not be interpreted as 100% or 96% or 80% of the class total matches because people will take research years, not pass classes, or take a leave of absence for whatever reason and those people won’t apply for residency because they will be off cycle!

It means that all those who applied to residency for that cycle matched, 14/14!
so 16 people from 4 years ago didnt apply..
 
Does anyone know if the class is filled already since it’s only 32 spots this year? Also were interviews given in order of strength of application or is it completely random when you will get an interview?
 
so 16 people from 4 years ago didnt apply..
That math would be correct, most likely due to the previously circumstances!

Applying to residency is a combination of personal decisions (good or bad), class performance, and readiness to take the next step (pun intended). Timing is not the same for everyone just like applying to medical school, everyone's timing is different!

I've seen your handle in the threads the past few years, are you applying or did you do MSMS program?
 
Does anyone know if the class is filled already since it’s only 32 spots this year? Also were interviews given in order of strength of application or is it completely random when you will get an interview?
No one will know the answer to this! How they decide the who gets an interview follows the same process everywhere, who gets in and who doesn't even more of a mystery. Currently, M2
 
That math would be correct, most likely due to the previously circumstances!

Applying to residency is a combination of personal decisions (good or bad), class performance, and readiness to take the next step (pun intended). Timing is not the same for everyone just like applying to medical school, everyone's timing is different!

I've seen your handle in the threads the past few years, are you applying or did you do MSMS program?
I am not applicant. I know someone from the first batch that just matched - I think 12 of them were not ready for step1 and 4 didnt pass so they missed starting their clinicals on time.
 
I am not applicant. I know someone from the first batch that just matched - I think 12 of them were not ready for step1 and 4 didnt pass so they missed starting their clinicals on time.
thanks for sharing those insights. Is that mostly because of the 1st batch? Specifically the 12 who were not ready and the 4 who did not pass?
 
Interviewed 3/16... when should I expect to hear a decision?
Anywhere from 2weeks-3 months, I have more thorough explanation earlier in the thread, but basically the committee gets together every 1-2 weeks and decides who to accept, waitlist, or reject. There lots of applications to get through (with varying stats, experience, etc.) so unfortunately the waiting game is all we got at this point. Stay strong!
 
Hi everyone! I did my interview about a month and am still waiting for my decision, but when I log onto the applicant portal it says "PHSU SOM interview scheduled." I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what it means? I'm worried they don't have me down as having completed the interview but am not sure if that is standard.
 
Does anyone know if they are filling the waitlist now? and not accepting anymore?
Generally, they interview very late into the cycle. I would assume that interviews will be done around end of april.

The waitlist (same general concept for most schools) is rolling, meaning that people are always being put on and off the waitlist. I would say they would be done waitlsiting people by mid-may and then will stop interviewing other applicants because they will have the number they need to ensure the spots are filled.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad