2025-2026 Ponce (St. Louis)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please share the Secondary essay prompts when available and tag a moderator.

Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

 
Any idea of what the accepted stats have been like? MSAR doesn't distinguish between campuses. I'm MCAT 517 and GPA 3.2 (3.9 post, 3.5 science) so I'm tempted to add this because it's hard to find schools that will consider lower GPAs but I don't know if the US campus is way more selective.
 
Any idea of what the accepted stats have been like? MSAR doesn't distinguish between campuses. I'm MCAT 517 and GPA 3.2 (3.9 post, 3.5 science) so I'm tempted to add this because it's hard to find schools that will consider lower GPAs but I don't know if the US campus is way more selective.
there are only 30 seats in St Louis. They dont separate out stats.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any idea of what the accepted stats have been like? MSAR doesn't distinguish between campuses. I'm MCAT 517 and GPA 3.2 (3.9 post, 3.5 science) so I'm tempted to add this because it's hard to find schools that will consider lower GPAs but I don't know if the US campus is way more selective.
Agree that they don't separate stats for the campuses, but I have seen people with similar stats to yours from last years threads get turned away. I don't know what their algorithm is for selecting students to the STL campus, but it's definitely more a holistic process than maybe it is for PR campus. I think you should add the school for sure, it can never hurt to have options. I'm an M2 here now so feel free to DM questions here etc. Good luck!
 
There are no essays and they do not screen for secondaries. Another thing to keep in mind is that they had different MCAT/ GPA requirements for their MSMS students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone getting this error on the secondary: "Were you homeschooled?: bad value for restricted picklist field: false". It's not letting me submit their secondary.
 
Last edited:
Is anyone getting this error on the secondary: "Were you homeschooled?: bad value for restricted picklist field: false". It's not letting me submit their secondary.
Nevermind, this error only happens when using Safari. Error was resolved when I switched to Google Chrome.
 
do you know how the oos acceptance looks like? I cannot find anything online
Majority of my class (M2) is out-of-state (60%), so very OSS friendly not sure if that will change for the upcoming class as next year will our first separated from the main campus (I think will get state funding if they accept more in-state students so that all may change).

I would base any and everything you're looking at stats wise based on the main campus from MSARs on AMCAS, until notified of a change. They make the admissions decisions until the next cycle.

Good luck!
 
Majority of my class (M2) is out-of-state (60%), so very OSS friendly not sure if that will change for the upcoming class as next year will our first separated from the main campus (I think will get state funding if they accept more in-state students so that all may change).

I would base any and everything you're looking at stats wise based on the main campus from MSARs on AMCAS, until notified of a change. They make the admissions decisions until the next cycle.

Good luck!
What do you mean by separation from the main campus? Are they increasing the class size?
 
What do you mean by separation from the main campus? Are they increasing the class size?
Because we are a new branch campus, we are considered as one school until the first graduating class goes on to residency this coming spring of 2026. LCME requires that we mimic everything the main campus does until our first class graduates. So, right now we are ranked out 191 students vs the 38 students that are in our class right now at the St. Louis Campus.

I have no idea increasing class size, but I would think that's the direction they are going in. That's not really relevant for you guys though. Just focus on applying and getting through the interview processes and all that! Any logistical, curriculum, or city life questions, you are welcome to DM. I want to save the thread for you guys to talk freely. If there is something that you ask that I think needs to be shared with the whole thread I will post it in here!
 
Because we are a new branch campus, we are considered as one school until the first graduating class goes on to residency this coming spring of 2026. LCME requires that we mimic everything the main campus does until our first class graduates. So, right now we are ranked out 191 students vs the 38 students that are in our class right now at the St. Louis Campus.

I have no idea increasing class size, but I would think that's the direction they are going in. That's not really relevant for you guys though. Just focus on applying and getting through the interview processes and all that! Any logistical, curriculum, or city life questions, you are welcome to DM. I want to save the thread for you guys to talk freely. If there is something that you ask that I think needs to be shared with the whole thread I will post it in here!
Which year are you?
The first batch graduating next year started with 30.
 
Which year are you?
The first batch graduating next year started with 30.
I'm an M2 so class of 2028, we will be the third graduating class.

And yes every class I believes starts with roughly 30 (my class started with 33), but people are held back or don't move on plus we've had some transfers to the STL campus from PR campus.
 
I'm an M2 so class of 2028, we will be the third graduating class.

And yes every class I believes starts with roughly 30 (my class started with 33), but people are held back or don't move on plus we've had some transfers to the STL campus from PR campus.
if yo udont mind me asking what was your mcat and do you come from the missouri/illinois region that ponce asks about
 
if yo udont mind me asking what was your mcat and do you come from the missouri/illinois region that ponce asks about
Sure, I don't mind, but general rule of thumb especially if you're asking other current applicants just DM them and ask, if you're interested, a lot of people will not share this on a thread and really shouldn't feel the need too! Since, I've matriculated now it doesn't matter now!!

I applied with MCAT: 506 with a 3.4 gpa. I am not from St. Louis, I'm from Memphis, TN. Applied to all out-of-state schools the second time around with six interviews (only AMCAS schools) and two acceptance PHSU and Belmont (both new programs).

I wouldn't get to hung up on the stats because last year, they turned away people with much better stats than that. I'm none traditional had a bunch of research prior to coming in, 2 years worth and taught middle school for 2 years, so four gap years! I have few classmates that were nurses, Echo techs, EMTs, and even financial advisors. So, all over the place in terms of experience.
 
I'm very confused about this school's secondary process

I paid the fee, a lady contacted me and said my file was under evaluation, but my card was never charged.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm very confused about this school's secondary process

I paid the fee, a lady contacted me and said my file was under evaluation, but my card was never charged.
Did you apply before September 7th? I received an email from them stating that they were waiving the application fee if you applied before the 7th. I never even had to give them my card info when I submitted.
 
Did you apply before September 7th? I received an email from them stating that they were waiving the application fee if you applied before the 7th. I never even had to give them my card info when I submitted.

Nah I applied on Sept 10th, they confirmed on the 15th. Was never charged.
 
Is the secondary application the portal link that asks some general information about schools you attended and MCAT?

Is that all we have to fully complete to be ready for evaluation?
Screenshot 2025-09-27 at 11.33.19 AM.png
 
It changes every year, they could have already started. For sure, they will start late-october/early-november. I didn't receive my interview until january (earliest I know for my class was early november and then you move into holiday szn and it will pick back up after the new year), but this would been in the 2023-2024 cycle. There is a thread from last year, I'm sure you can find when they started getting interviews and guesstimate when they will start this year, but probably not worth the time because again changes year by year.
When do they usually send interview invites?
 
Can current students speak upon this school/campus? Is it the typical carribean school with high tuition, high attrition, etc.?

I figured since it's on American soil, perhaps they would support the students, etc.? Is it like that, or they could care less and just want the money?
 
Can current students speak upon this school/campus? Is it the typical carribean school with high tuition, high attrition, etc.?

I figured since it's on American soil, perhaps they would support the students, etc.? Is it like that, or they could care less and just want the money?
Sure,

1st: US MD school, Accrediting Body is LCME, which accredits all US MD programs. PR is a US territory, not sure what the accrediting body for Caribbean Schools. Any school on AMCAS, will be U.S MD Program. The Caribbean and DO schools have their own application services!

2nd: Tuition, is high (70k) for out-of-state (like other schools in the area WASHU and SLU (both run about 70k) both private schools as is PHSU-stl, until they get state funding, which should lower tuition. Should be after 2026 graduating class) and normal tuition for instate students (45k).

3rd: Unfamiliar with how it works at Caribbean Schools, but it depends on what you mean by help. They offer tutoring services and a group the students ahead of us made a student lead group called academic allies, who give tailored reviews for each exam for the M1s. I am a tutor for the M1s so if this what you mean by help then yes this is offered. Curriculum will be changing to systems based for incoming class so life will be much easier than the traditional curriculum we have now at least for first year!

Anything else?
 
For the colleges attended section, did you write out all colleges attended? Just curious as I did a post-bacc but didn't graduate or anything from it, so thought I'd just list my undergrad institution
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad