Hi all. I’ve been following this site for a year now and kinda just been lurking but finally just decided to make an account. I’m a 23 year old AA male. I applied last cycle and did poorly on my MCAT (497) but relied on my extracurriculars and early applications to get into at least one school. After applying to about 15 schools, I received 1 DO interview late in the cycle, was waitlisted, and ultimately rejected.
I retook the MCAT again for this cycle, however because of work I had to take it late (July 24th) to get adequate study time and submitted most of my applications late (late August- late September) so I’m really worried about getting rejected a second cycle. Anyways, here are my important stats
cGPA 3.55, sGPA 3.3. MCAT: 507
~700 volunteer hours, about half healthcare related
~120 shadowing hours, various MDs and DOs
International medical mission trip
2017-18 president of student service organization
I’m a Texas resident so I applied to all Texas medical schools except Southwestern and Baylor. And- UIC, FSU, Miami, Howard, Morehouse, Univ of Georgia, NYMC, Rutgers
Also northwestern and Missouri- Columbia because their diversity office sent me a letter in the mail so why not
And as for DO schools, UNTHSC, UIWSOM, PCOM, Oklahoma state college of osteopathic medicine, Alabama college of osteopathic medicine, and CCOM- midwestern
I’m actually still waiting for secondaries for Alabama, ccom, Miami, and nymc only because I just recently decided to add those to my list. I already pretyped the secondaries.
I know it’s early but I’m just worried because of how late I applied to most of these schools. I applied to morehouse weeks ago and haven’t received a secondary so I’m certain that’s no longer an option. Any advice?