2018 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m curious if anyone would mind sharing their personal statement theme, and areas of public health interest expressed during their interview. Mine was women’s health and sexually transmitted infections/diseases (encompassing all genders).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello!! Just got the call this evening that I was placed in Tumwater, Washington! Anybody else get placed there??

Hi...I just got placed in Long Island New York! Any previous or current PHAPers there? I really need to figure out the relocation process...Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi...I just got placed in Long Island New York! Any previous or current PHAPers there? I really need to figure out the relocation process...Thanks.
See my previous post with the map for current PHAP Associates

Hello! I was placed in Queens, NY and I got my email yesterday morning. I already confirmed my offer and started the initial onboarding/security clearance.

And yes congrats to everyone! I screamed when I got the email, and I'm also rooting for everyone that's still in limbo waiting!
Hello! I was placed in Queens, NY and I got my email yesterday morning. I already confirmed my offer and started the initial onboarding/security clearance.

And yes congrats to everyone! I screamed when I got the email, and I'm also rooting for everyone that's still in limbo waiting!

Hi...I was also placed at Long Island City New York. Can I message you privately? Thanks.

Just got the call.

I'm from Los Angeles, CA
Placed in Show Low, AZ (Navajo County?)

Yikes! Waiting on other Federal selection responses.... these 3 days are going to be a tight window of opportunity. Anyone know about Show Low?

I got the call on Tuesday. I've been placed in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I've reached out to the current associate there. If anyone has any recommendations for living in Puerto Rico, please feel free to message me!

I got the call on Tuesday. I've been placed in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I've reached out to the current associate there. If anyone has any recommendations for living in Puerto Rico, please feel free to message me!
Messaged you :)

Has anyone received their official offer letter ? If so how long did it take after you submitted all background info.

Has anyone received their official offer letter ? If so how long did it take after you submitted all background info.
There are several people on the FB group who have received their final offer letters. Have you joined yet? It's been a great resource so far.

Hello everyone. I’ve been following post for a while and excited that I have been offered a position in DC. If anyone has been assigned there, please reach out. Let’s connect!

I haven’t received mine yet, but I was told by HR last Thursday that I’ll receive mine in a “couple of days”

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone started the security clearance process? I want to rip my hair out. They want SO much information...including my supervisor's HOME addresses. It's a bit ridiculous. Has anyone run into these problems???! I don't want to message my old supervisor's for their home addresses..ugh.

Has anyone started the security clearance process? I want to rip my hair out. They want SO much information...including my supervisor's HOME addresses. It's a bit ridiculous. Has anyone run into these problems???! I don't want to message my old supervisor's for their home addresses..ugh.

I used the work site address as my supervisor address. I haven’t had any issues.

Nope!

Just got the call, and I’ve been placed in Phoenix, AZ.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Received my call this morning for Montgomery, AL.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Received my call this morning for Montgomery, AL.

That’s great! I declined my offer back in mid July for that location. Best of luck to you!

I got my second offer for Carson City, Nevada. Any information about what to expect?

I declined the first offer because the relocation would be too much of a burden. This one is better but will need to talk and figure it out with my husband who cannot move with me.

Did anyone get placed in SoCal?

I got my second offer for Carson City, Nevada. Any information about what to expect?

I declined the first offer because the relocation would be too much of a burden. This one is better but will need to talk and figure it out with my husband who cannot move with me.

Wow, I didn’t think a second offer was an option. Congratulations!

Wow, I didn’t think a second offer was an option. Congratulations!

I know it was a possibility.. but very very very unlikely. I am so grateful to be given a second opportunity and I hope they were able to find someone to fill the other position. It's hard because people do decline positions, but I think it's better to decline now when they still have a chance to ask someone else into that spot.

My husband won't be joining me, either. It's going to be a long 2 years, but we both know it's well worth it. Luckily, I've found RT flights for $80 so we'll be racking up our FF miles. Best of luck to you should you decide to accept!

If you’re not from desert climate, expect extreme heat and sometimes high wind. It’s pretty affordable in that area.

How far into August do y'all think they mean when they say late August? Losing hope here. :bigtears:

Oh man, I can't say for sure but I have a feeling that if you haven't heard back yet, you may want to think of your plan b. At least then you'd have somewhere new to put your energy and if you hear something from PHAP later, you've got things to weigh it against. Take heart, PHAP is just one of many great things you can do. You can apply again, of course, but maybe something even better will come along and, certainly, something higher paying! Remember your successes

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I just created a forum for 2020's PHAP.
It's called 2020 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program).