2019-2020 California Northstate

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

II just now! Worried about the "writing segment" ... haven't we written enough lol

9/20/19 is the date, they do not offer opportunities to reschedule either
No opportunities to reschedule?? This is quite worrisome for someone who has a few traveling trips coming up. I'm sure there is some way to do so?
 
Hey, so sorry for the delay. Yes, I spoke with admissions and they said to mark Yes on the form if there were any traffic violations. You can then send in an email to admissions to give further explanation and they'll add it to your file.

What if you did traffic school after the speeding ticket? Does traffic school not also remove the violation from your permanent record?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"In addition to your formal interview, your day will also consist of a writing segment and the following informational sessions listed below; therefore, plan to be remain on campus until 3:00 p.m. An optional tour is offered from 3:00-3:30 p.m.
  • Welcome by Senior Administration
  • Overview of Accreditation and Medical Education Program
  • Overview of College Masters Program
  • United States Military Scholarship Program
  • Financial Aid Workshop
  • MMI and Dialogue Interview Training
  • Local Housing Information
  • Lunch with College of Medicine Faculty and Students "

Does anyone know what "MMI and Dialogue Interview Training" means?? Like training us on an interview type after we already interviewed???
 
"In addition to your formal interview, your day will also consist of a writing segment and the following informational sessions listed below; therefore, plan to be remain on campus until 3:00 p.m. An optional tour is offered from 3:00-3:30 p.m.
  • Welcome by Senior Administration
  • Overview of Accreditation and Medical Education Program
  • Overview of College Masters Program
  • United States Military Scholarship Program
  • Financial Aid Workshop
  • MMI and Dialogue Interview Training
  • Local Housing Information
  • Lunch with College of Medicine Faculty and Students "

Does anyone know what "MMI and Dialogue Interview Training" means?? Like training us on an interview type after we already interviewed???

This just means during the training (in the morning), they tell you how the interview part works. The actual interview is after lunch
 
Has anyone with an II submitted more than 3 LOR?
Never mind y'all, found the answer on a FAQ page!

Can I submit more than the required number of recommendation letters?
No. Only submit what is outlined in #6 of our Admission Steps found at:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I have two questions, I submitted my secondary like 2 weeks ago and never got a complete email and it’s one of those sites where you can’t check if the file is complete, did everyone receive complete emails?

Also I must’ve glossed over the “traffic violations” section (because every other school and amcas says it doesn’t count) and checked no. Should I call/email them to revise that answer with an explanation? (Speeding ticket right when I got my license like 10 years ago ?)
 
Also I must’ve glossed over the “traffic violations” section (because every other school and amcas says it doesn’t count) and checked no. Should I call/email them to revise that answer with an explanation? (Speeding ticket right when I got my license like 10 years ago ?)
I’ve been wondering the same about your second question! I also have a couple speeding tickets from when I first got my license but didn’t realize that that would’ve meant putting yes for traffic violations:dead:
 
so i emailed admissions since i submitted my primary on july 30th with no secondary as of yet. the response was that my application is still under review. not sure if that's basically a rejection since it's getting later into the cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed here today! Pretty awesome overall! Everyone was nice! Awesome step 1 scores and match rate. The dean said they interview about 200 students/year and accept about 2/3rds of interviewees for their class of 100ish. The writing segment was a twist but it was short and seemed like it was just to make sure you’re the same person who wrote your secondaries. Unique MMI/dialogue interview style. 6 stations, 10 min with each person. 1st 5 min - answer the mmi prompt, next 5 - interview style convo with another question.
 
Interviewed here today! Pretty awesome overall! Everyone was nice! Awesome step 1 scores and match rate. The dean said they interview about 200 students/year and accept about 2/3rds of interviewees for their class of 100ish. The writing segment was a twist but it was short and seemed like it was just to make sure you’re the same person who wrote your secondaries. Unique MMI/dialogue interview style. 6 stations, 10 min with each person. 1st 5 min - answer the mmi prompt, next 5 - interview style convo with another question.
Current M1 here. We never had this writing segment. Please explain! Best of luck with your apps!
 
Current M1 here. We never had this writing segment. Please explain! Best of luck with your apps!
I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say but it was just a little 20 minute thing at the beginning of the day where they asked us to respond to a short prompt. Length didn’t matter but I wrote about a page and a half I guess. They didn’t make it seem like a big deal. I think they just wanted to verify we were capable writers before accepting us since they do have such a high post-II acceptance rate.
 
Did CNU report the breakdown of IS/OOS applicants and interviews to MSAR this cycle? My subscription expired before considering adding them to my application and am curious how many OOS applicants they interview.
 
Silence.. It looks like they started accepting on 10/15 last cycle. I feel like I remember them saying they’d let us know today though, right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad