2022-2023 California Northstate

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what should one expect if the applicant is not waitlisted yet and also have not heard anything, any opinions?
 
when i interviewed in december, they told me i should hear back within 8 weeks; i heard back around ~10 weeks after my interview. so you're probably fine waiting a bit longer but i also don't see the harm in emailing admissions and asking them.
 
I agree, it's just that I was looking at last year's SDN threads and a few people got May interviews, so I'm only a bit hopeful.
 

They just named a new dean. I know that Dr. Isaacs is a very effective administrator, and he's familiar with CNU given their affiliation, academically, with Kaiser Permanente in the Sacramento area.
See Post #199
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any other April interviewers hear back? I was waitlisted a couple weeks ago from a 4/14 interview. I haven’t seen any As for interviewees from recent cycles.
 
Did anyone else who is on the waitlist also receive an email asking them to fill out a form for continued interest a few days ago?
I just received one today, but I got put on the waitlist on 5/19. (I sent the email with my ID saying yes to the waitlist offer.) Not sure what that means, but I’m very hopeful. Did you receive anything else afterwards?
 
Last edited:
I just received one today, but I got put on the waitlist on 5/19. (I sent the email with my ID saying yes to the waitlist offer.) Not sure what that means, but I’m very hopeful. Did you receive anything else afterwards?
I didn’t receive any other form or anything else immediately afterwards. I did receive an acceptance several days after though. Hopefully an A is coming your way very soon too!
 
Anyone else receive an A today? Does anyone know if they continue to offer acceptances throughout the weekend? (Crossing my fingers that I get a A within a week.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you. However, please ask the current student of how CNU students would be qualified to take their steps and obtain residency if CNU loses its accreditation from
I've heard a LOT of information on various SDN threads and reddit about California Northstate's medical school, most of it which seems to be untrue or simply seems to be baseless speculation that has been wildly blown out of proportion on SDN and reddit so a friend of mine and I both decided to email the LCME directly to find out the truth directly from a source that we both trust about what would happen if Cal Northstate were to lose accreditation. The LCME responded back in the following way:





1688542003170.png


I hope that sharing this information here will put people's minds at ease with attending California Northstate as it seems as if the risk of attending medical school here is minimal (or really there is no risk given this information provided by the LCME) in the sense that you will become a physician even if you decide to attend California Northstate and they do in fact lose accreditation. In a separate conversation that my friend had with an LCME representative, it was made clear that the LCME has no mal-intentions against ANY medical school, INCLUDING California Northstate, regardless of the fact that it is a "for-profit" school. I understand that California Northstate is FAR from perfect, but which school doesn't have any faults? Many great schools like the T10 or T20 schools have various issues and faults of their own. California Northstate has a terrific match list that is comparable to or even better than many great medical schools in the country. I hope that people who read this are able to make an informed decision about whether or not to attend California Northstate rather than blindly listen to other people on SDN or reddit who are randomly recommending students to attend DO medical schools (nothing wrong with choosing to attend a DO school, but please do your full research if you are deciding to attend a DO school only due to Northstate being "for-profit" or due to its accreditation status) or to reapply the next cycle rather than to attend Northstate.
 
I've heard a LOT of information on various SDN threads and reddit about California Northstate's medical school, most of it which seems to be untrue or simply seems to be baseless speculation that has been wildly blown out of proportion on SDN and reddit so a friend of mine and I both decided to email the LCME directly to find out the truth directly from a source that we both trust about what would happen if Cal Northstate were to lose accreditation. The LCME responded back in the following way:





View attachment 373915

I hope that sharing this information here will put people's minds at ease with attending California Northstate as it seems as if the risk of attending medical school here is minimal (or really there is no risk given this information provided by the LCME) in the sense that you will become a physician even if you decide to attend California Northstate and they do in fact lose accreditation. In a separate conversation that my friend had with an LCME representative, it was made clear that the LCME has no mal-intentions against ANY medical school, INCLUDING California Northstate, regardless of the fact that it is a "for-profit" school. I understand that California Northstate is FAR from perfect, but which school doesn't have any faults? Many great schools like the T10 or T20 schools have various issues and faults of their own. California Northstate has a terrific match list that is comparable to or even better than many great medical schools in the country. I hope that people who read this are able to make an informed decision about whether or not to attend California Northstate rather than blindly listen to other people on SDN or reddit who are randomly recommending students to attend DO medical schools (nothing wrong with choosing to attend a DO school, but please do your full research if you are deciding to attend a DO school only due to Northstate being "for-profit" or due to its accreditation status) or to reapply the next cycle rather than to attend Northstate.
Can I love this comment a 1000x over? Thank you so much!