2020-2021 California Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just received an acceptance email ! I wanted to let you all know since it's been so quiet on here. I had received an email a couple of days ago from "myrecordtracker" asking me to fill out immunization documents for CNSU Medical Fall 2021 which I thought was strange because that was the first that I had heard from them post interview (I interviewed feb 5th) but I guess if you received the same email then that's a good sign! good luck to everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Radio silence so far, complete since September. Waiting for that pre-II R

Reactions: 5 users
Radio silence so far, complete since September. Waiting for that pre-II R
Same here, I was wondering if we should email them to ask about our status haha it's pretty darn late into the cycle already.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, I was wondering if we should email them to ask about our status haha it's pretty darn late into the cycle already.
I heard they interview really late into the cycle, so I really cant tell.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II for May 7th? Uhhhh lol sure

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview? i interviewed 4/2

Withdrew my acceptance today! Hoping it goes to one of you, good luck :)

Still haven't herd back since August, I got into one other school out of state. I'd like to stay in Cali but this timeline is so late

Still haven't herd back since August, I got into one other school out of state. I'd like to stay in Cali but this timeline is so late
As someone who has friends at CNU College of medicine, I would not worry if I was you. I would take the other out-of-state school. CNUCOM is still awaiting LCME accreditation, has 3-4 pending citations and lawsuits, and multiple gridlocks and tension with the surrounding city.

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who has friends at CNU College of medicine, I would not worry if I was you. I would take the other out-of-state school. CNUCOM is still awaiting LCME accreditation, has 3-4 pending citations and lawsuits, and multiple gridlocks and tension with the surrounding city.
Do you mind sharing what the citations and lawsuits are for?

Do you mind sharing what the citations and lawsuits are for?
Here are four issues I was able to find that occurred within the last few years

1) CNUCOM is being sued in a class-action lawsuit by their own BS/MD students after rejecting/waitlisting students who met the requirements: https://www.bizjournals.com/sacrame...ifornia-northstate-students-allege-fraud.html

2) Two female professors sued the school for apparent defamation, harassment, lack of medical/family leave, and unlawful termination: California Northstate Univ. sued by terminated women employees for alleged violation of family leave, harassment, defamation

3) CNUCOM was sued for financial fraud and apparently received their initial accreditation through a faulty loan: Lawsuit filed against California Northstate University offers glimpse into for-profit school’s finances

4) CNUCOM was cited by the State of California for offering fraud programs to undergraduate students who matriculated into their medical school: https://stonelakeneighbors.com/cnu-fined-by-state-of-ca

For you WL folks, have you received any communication since notification of being waitlisted?

Just got an II for the end of May, I didn't know MD schools were even still interviewing lol. Complete 7/24

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For you WL folks, have you received any communication since notification of being waitlisted?
Based on last cycle, it looks like people started getting off of the waitlist in mid-may, so I'm trying not to think about it much until then... I wonder if it'll be delayed this year cause of covid. I want to get off of this waitlist so badly...

Accepted this morning, interviewed 4/2

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted today but I am already committed to another school. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today but I am already committed to another school. Best of luck to you all!
Congrats!!! Can I ask when you interviewed? Curious if any May interviewers have heard back yet...

This school hasn’t even sent me a pre II-R. I was accepted here 2 years ago but had to withdraw- sorta funny but sorta sad lol

Has there been any waitlist movement?
Unlikely, but I predict there will be more movement by Friday or early next week, because the acceptances that rolled out must be replied to by end of the week, which will save time for another cycle of admissions. Hope that provides some spirit, best of luck!

Unlikely, but I predict there will be more movement by Friday or early next week, because the acceptances that rolled out must be replied to by end of the week, which will save time for another cycle of admissions. Hope that provides some spirit, best of luck!
That's super helpful, thanks so much!

Anybody hear back from the waitlist yet?

Last edited:
Anyone not hear back post-interview at all yet? At this point, is silence waitlist, R, or didn't even review file?

Anyone not hear back post-interview at all yet? At this point, is silence waitlist, R, or didn't even review file?
I didnt hear back for a really long time, I would recommend emailing admissions and asking them whats good.

I emailed after their CTE date, and my status is "interview complete, under review" :/
if it has been more than 8 weeks, i would email them again , Kindly, and ask them for a final decision.

is this school OOS friendly? like for ppl with no ties to CA?