2019-2020 East Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist today!! I got a call from Dr. Bright at 11:40 and just took some time to cry and process everything. For those of you still on the waitlist, don't lose hope. Stay strong and your hard work will pay off <3

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the waitlist today!! I got a call from Dr. Bright at 11:40 and just took some time to cry and process everything. For those of you still on the waitlist, don't lose hope. Stay strong and your hard work will pay off <3
Congrats! So excited for you!! Do you mind messaging me so I can ask about your stats? Im curious as to where i stand in their unranked ranking

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Jealous, but also super happy for you! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! So happy for you!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m new to this forum WL at 2 MD schools and accepted at 1 DO school. Would any of you WL who got accepted willing to share your stats with me? Eager to get into an MD school if possible.

For those that got off the WL, how many days after your phone call did you receive an email with further steps?

I have been in contact with student affairs as I’m getting vaccination records in, and they told me orientation will now be online- with classes expected to start in person august 3. Thought I’d pass that along!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I don't want to raise hope but my friend, who got into ECU and another medical school, notified ECU that he was withdrawing his acceptance. He told them this a couple of months ago and only yesterday did he get an email from them stating it had been processed. So maybe this means that they are behind and more spots are gonna open up? I don't know but I thought I would share

Is it pretty much safe to say that all movement at ECU is more or less done for the cycle?

Anyone call the admissions office recently for an update on WL movement?
I called yesterday. They say they expect to fill the remaining spots by the end of this week. After this week there may be movement as nothing is set in stone up until July Orientation.

I called yesterday. They say they expect to fill the remaining spots by the end of this week. After this week there may be movement as nothing is set in stone up until July Orientation.
Thanks for the update, did they mention how many spots left? Hope against hope!!!

Did anyone on the WL contact admissions office for feedback on their application? Thanks!

Also if you didn’t make it off the WL and would like to start a separate string I can set it up. Please ping me!

I'm just confused because every time I called they told me waitlist movement wouldn't end until orientation in July. Even my friend who graduated from Brody this year told me that his friend got in off the waitlist a week before class started. It seems so soon to end the waitlist. Am i wrong?

I'm just confused because every time I called they told me waitlist movement wouldn't end until orientation in July. Even my friend who graduated from Brody this year told me that his friend got in off the waitlist a week before class started. It seems so soon to end the waitlist. Am i wrong?

I called the admissions office today to ask about the status of the waitlist, just before I got the R email. My understanding is that they are trimming down the waitlist, rather than ending it. I was told that the class is full at this time, and only a few, if any seats are likely to open up before classes start. I guess the waitlist is very short at this point. I don't know about other schools, however.

Secondary prompt:

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: East Carolina University
was this just one big essay and you have to address each question in it, or are each of the prompts are separate essay of length 300-500 words? For example, is it one big essay that addresses desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience? Or are there 4 total essays that address each of these things individually?

Thanks

was this just one big essay and you have to address each question in it, or are each of the prompts are separate essay of length 300-500 words? For example, is it one big essay that addresses desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, your most significant clinical experience, and also your most meaningful non-medical experience? Or are there 4 total essays that address each of these things individually?

Thanks
to clarify, it's just one essay that addresses all those prompts! (don't write 4 essays!)

Bored!!!! Wondering how many are still on Brody’s WL. Please message me. Hoping against hope

Does anyone know if Brody makes any exceptions to their stats course requirement as well as the requirement for 30 hours of post-bacc coursework if you are outside of the 5 year limit on pre-reqs? I am several years out from undergrad and did a formal post-bacc program, but that was only 24 hours...

Does anyone know if Brody makes any exceptions to their stats course requirement as well as the requirement for 30 hours of post-bacc coursework if you are outside of the 5 year limit on pre-reqs? I am several years out from undergrad and did a formal post-bacc program, but that was only 24 hours...
You may want to email them. I know that they accept AP stats course credit if it was transferred over to your college transcripts. I'm not too sure about the post-bacc coursework hours though.

Bored!!!! Wondering how many are still on Brody’s WL. Please message me. Hoping against hope
I’m still on the waitlist too. I was told on the phone a few weeks ago that they’d start trimming down the waitlist but from this thread it doesn’t sound like too many waitlisted people have gotten rejection letters yet. Trying not to get my hopes up since there might not be more than 2-3 more spots that open up from here on out.

Anybody send in their secondary with the RDS designated as “non-resident”? I’m applying for 2020-2021, residency is NC thru AMCAS. I’m a little over a month away from being able to prove I’ve been living in NC for 12 months, however my RDS currently states I am non resident. Kind of a unique situation but curious if anyone else had this experience.

What does the commit to enroll date mean? If the date is July 8, when do I have to commit by? Is it before July 8 like on July 7 at 11:59, is it by business hours on July 8 or July 8 at 11:59 pm?

I would commit by July 7th. to be on the safe side, but I think by July 8 11:59 would be the deadline to enroll. IDK!