2024-2025 East Virginia (EVMS)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone contacted the admissions committee about incoming waitlist movement? Looking at past years, there were typically three waves by now, but this year we've only had one in early May. Would anyone be willing to check in for us? Thanks!

This Is Fine GIF
Noticed the same thing about previous years. And the Facebook page shows 105 members and I saw someone say that the GroupMe is higher. I am a bit puzzled about the past two weeks of relative silence. Keeping my chin up but the lack of movement on the waitlist compared to historical trends is a bit confusing!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Called admissions letting them know I have another offer I'm going to commit to soon as there's a deadline for that but wanted to know if there may be movement today or soon just to see about staying close to home and they said class is totally full and at this point there will be small movement if someone withdraws, just fyi if anyone else was curious
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called admissions letting them know I have another offer I'm going to commit too soon as there's a deadline for that but wanted to know if there may be movement today or soon just to see about staying close to home and they said class is totally fully and at this point there will be small movement if someone withdraws, just fyi if anyone else was curious
Thanks for calling on behalf of the rest of us on the waitlist. It’s helpful to know that movement will be minimal. Time to lock in for this upcoming cycle
 
Called admissions letting them know I have another offer I'm going to commit too soon as there's a deadline for that but wanted to know if there may be movement today or soon just to see about staying close to home and they said class is totally fully and at this point there will be small movement if someone withdraws, just fyi if anyone else was curious
This is a tough pill to swallow but I guess I'll be moving on and looking forward to the next cycle 🥲
 
Called admissions letting them know I have another offer I'm going to commit to soon as there's a deadline for that but wanted to know if there may be movement today or soon just to see about staying close to home and they said class is totally full and at this point there will be small movement if someone withdraws, just fyi if anyone else was curious
I feel so heartbroken
 
How can they just have one day of waitlist movement in May?😳 I understand that spots are limited at this point, but I can't get myself to believe this just yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to AAMC MSAR, For Eastern Virginia Medical School:

Accepted students are required to select the "Commit to Enroll"option in AMCAS. If commit to enroll is not selected by July 15, your offer of acceptance may be rescinded. July 15, 2026
 
Based on the prior two cycles which I have followed off and on, the tiers do not mean a whole lot. They still look at more than just the tier when extending acceptance offers. What exactly they look at is for each one of our imagination but there are folks who get accepted based on some sort of profiles/metrics in addition to the tier. So. Just being in Top or middle tier in itself it not the whole picture is the moral. If I am not mistaken that is.
 
Based on the prior two cycles which I have followed off and on, the tiers do not mean a whole lot. They still look at more than just the tier when extending acceptance offers. What exactly they look at is for each one of our imagination but there are folks who get accepted based on some sort of profiles/metrics in addition to the tier. So. Just being in Top or middle tier in itself it not the whole picture is the moral. If I am not mistaken that is.
this actually sheds some light. thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping that there is some movement soon. Last time I emailed them, they said that there was movement on the waitlist (around May 29th). It's been about 3 weeks since then, so I am not sure what to expect. Does anyone else have any information about waitlist movement?
 
Hoping that there is some movement soon. Last time I emailed them, they said that there was movement on the waitlist (around May 29th). It's been about 3 weeks since then, so I am not sure what to expect. Does anyone else have any information about waitlist movement?
I called to ask about if there was any recent/upcoming waitlist movement and was told that they’re not supposed to talk about it…I’m not sure if I called the wrong number? But I don’t think I did and have definitely seen other people in this thread say that they’ve gotten info about the waitlist from admissions so idk
 
I called to ask about if there was any recent/upcoming waitlist movement and was told that they’re not supposed to talk about it…I’m not sure if I called the wrong number? But I don’t think I did and have definitely seen other people in this thread say that they’ve gotten info about the waitlist from admissions so idk
Gotcha. I'm sure you called the right number. Cuz technically, when I emailed them, they said they couldn't reveal waitlist status or information either. However, all they could say was that it was currently moving.

My fingers are crossed for us, though. Hoping that more people withdraw and some seats open up, since we are approaching the end of June.
 
Does anyone have an update on the current sizes of the GroupMe and Facebook groups? Also, is there any speculation or information about when more acceptances might be released, especially for in-state applicants?
 
Does anyone have an update on the current sizes of the GroupMe and Facebook groups? Also, is there any speculation or information about when more acceptances might be released, especially for in-state applicants?
The GroupMe has 155 people, including maybe 10ish upperclassmen?
 
Does anyone have an update on the current sizes of the GroupMe and Facebook groups? Also, is there any speculation or information about when more acceptances might be released, especially for in-state applicants?
And FB page shows 128 last time I checked. But would love to know if there's any actual movement going on at this point, haven't seen anything on here since late May I think
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad