2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get a call for an II?
I emailed them about not receiving a secondary confirmation and they said they're backed up. They also said they're out of office from 7/3-7/8 for the holiday. It's unlikely you'll hear about anything in that time frame since they're out of office.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them about not receiving a secondary confirmation and they said they're backed up. They also said they're out of office from 7/3-7/8 for the holiday. It's unlikely you'll hear about anything in that time frame since they're out of office.
Its just odd because on my secondary portal there is a link about scheduling an interview but I have not heard this from them via phone call or email. I'll just wait until after the 4th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its just odd because on my secondary portal there is a link about scheduling an interview but I have not heard this from them via phone call or email. I'll just wait until after the 4th.
Is that under the communications status tab? If so, can click on “view detail” and see what it’s all about. I don’t have that option on my account.

Received my secondary confirmation this morning. Submitted on 6/25.

Thanks! Do you know if there are any differences between traffic cameras and speeding tickets? I don't have any of the dates of when I got traffic camera tickets and have no speeding tickets from officers so hopefully cameras wouldn't count....
I would report everything just to be safe in case it shows up on your background check!

Question for the LOR part of the secondary. I have 5 LORs submitted to AACOMAS because of all the different requirements between schools. I'm assuming all will be sent to all of the schools. However, VCOM is only asking for the "DO/MD" letter and the "Premedical Committee Chair, Academic Advisor, or Science Faculty Member". Do I just need to list the names of these two people or do I need to list all 5? In total, I have one DO, 2 science, 1 non-science, and my university baseball coach. Their wording seems like it is only required for the two LORs stated above but I'm not certain.

What did you say for "college" of the physician LOR? Where they graduated med school? Idgi lol

I submitted my primary to VCOM 6/11 but I have yet to receive a secondary from them. I did not receive a pre-secondary rejection email either so I am confused on what I should do!?

I submitted my primary to VCOM 6/11 but I have yet to receive a secondary from them. I did not receive a pre-secondary rejection email either so I am confused on what I should do!?
They do screen, so that may be it. You could always email them to check on the status of your application.

@PapaGuava

The limit for the prompts is actually 500 words. Spent my afternoon trying to shorten everything down to 500 characters and finally got around to checking the secondary just to see its actually a word limit.

Reactions: 2 users

I submitted my primary Monday and received a secondary Tuesday morning. It was in my junk mail. You may want to email them and ask if they have sent you one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the CV just straightforward without a description of tasks or responsibilities?

Like 2015-2016 - Work/Volunteer - Soup Kitchen Volunteer at XYZ Shelter

Or did you guys add a blurb about each experience/copy paste what was on your primary for the experience?

Is the CV just straightforward without a description of tasks or responsibilities?

Like 2015-2016 - Work/Volunteer - Soup Kitchen Volunteer at XYZ Shelter

Or did you guys add a blurb about each experience/copy paste what was on your primary for the experience?
That's what the directions made it sound like, I submitted mine in the exact format you posted.

That's what the directions made it sound like, I submitted mine in the exact format you posted.

Perfect! I took it the same way you did, but wanted to make sure I didn't leave out any pertinent information. Thanks!

Man, everyone seems to be getting IIs today! What a good way to start the weekend! Wish I was in that same boat! :shrug:

Anyone's application fee still show as incomplete? It says my fee has been paid but the red exclamation point is still there.

Any update? Were you able to schedule an interview?

Anyone with the fee waiver able to say how long it takes for it to process?

Anybody still waiting for the secondary?

Congratulations!! How do you know you got an II? Is there a new tab in the application or something?
There is a new tab that shows up. There are several dates that you can choose from, but 8/26 is the first one that I was offered at least.

Hey you guys, my primary was reviewed on 7/7 and I've been getting a flood of secondaries but none from VCOM. 10 days seems like kind of a long time. My MCAT is 502 and GPA is >3.6 so I don't think I would have gotten screened out. Advice?

Did anyone else get the email that their application was being reviewed by the committee as to whether or not you would receive a secondary?

I just received this email as well. Has anyone received a secondary after getting this email?

Hey you guys, my primary was reviewed on 7/7 and I've been getting a flood of secondaries but none from VCOM. 10 days seems like kind of a long time. My MCAT is 502 and GPA is >3.6 so I don't think I would have gotten screened out. Advice?
They do a holistic screen, so that's probably the holdup. They are probably pretty backed up at this point with classes starting and reviewing applications for interviews. I'd give it a few more days before contacting them.

For all that have not received secondaries, I would call and see if you could get an update on your application.

Theres only one secondary for all 4 branches.

i received an application complete even though i submitted 6/25. is that a soft waitlist or a R?

i received an application complete even though i submitted 6/25. is that a soft waitlist or a R?
Just means that they have gathered all your information and they will begin reviewing it to see if they would like to invite you for an interview.

Just means that they have gathered all your information and they will begin reviewing it to see if they would like to invite you for an interview.
ahh i see ty

I emailed VCOM and they told me that they sent the secondary to me about 2 weeks ago and to check my spam. Thing is I have looked everywhere in my email and do not see it. Should I tell her that? I don't want her to think I'm stupid but I can not find it.

I emailed VCOM and they told me that they sent the secondary to me about 2 weeks ago and to check my spam. Thing is I have looked everywhere in my email and do not see it. Should I tell her that? I don't want her to think I'm stupid but I can not find it.
You need to tell her that, because it could be a mistake on their end. Just tell them to resend it why are pre-meds so scared to talk to human beings. It's normal and it happens just be yourself dude.

Please help! I’m in dilemma. I won’t be starting DO shadowing until 08/08.

Would it be too late to update my primary on 08/15 (when I will be done w shadowing) with this experience and then add VCOM-VA then?

Stats are 4.0 & 509 w MD shadowing, community initiative, and other EC’s. I’m really interested in this school and would love to have a competitive, on-time application

Please help! I’m in dilemma. I won’t be starting DO shadowing until 08/08.

Would it be too late to update my primary on 08/15 (when I will be done w shadowing) with this experience and then add VCOM-VA then?

Stats are 4.0 & 509 w MD shadowing, community initiative, and other EC’s. I’m really interested in this school and would love to have a competitive, on-time application
So one thing that I learned at the VCOM open house and is super nice is that they do not require a DO letter or DO shadowing unless they offer you an acceptance. You can interview and everything, but they would require a letter from a DO within 30 days of acceptance! I would say that you are competitive from your stats (in fact I would worry more about yield protection) and adding DO shadowing is just a plus.

So one thing that I learned at the VCOM open house and is super nice is that they do not require a DO letter or DO shadowing unless they offer you an acceptance. You can interview and everything, but they would require a letter from a DO within 30 days of acceptance! I would say that you are competitive from your stats (in fact I would worry more about yield protection) and adding DO shadowing is just a plus.

Thank you! And you’re sweet for replying so fast!! Does VCOM really practice yield protection? Now I’m worried about another thing hehe I also heard that VCOM fills its class very early; is this true?

Sorry for all the questions, I’ve been a ball of mess since I found out my shadowing dates

I’m very interested in primary care (rural area is a +), have a few friends who absolutely love VCOM, aaand would love to stay near my family in the state.