Jan 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone get a call for an II?

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone get a call for an II?
I emailed them about not receiving a secondary confirmation and they said they're backed up. They also said they're out of office from 7/3-7/8 for the holiday. It's unlikely you'll hear about anything in that time frame since they're out of office.

Jan 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I emailed them about not receiving a secondary confirmation and they said they're backed up. They also said they're out of office from 7/3-7/8 for the holiday. It's unlikely you'll hear about anything in that time frame since they're out of office.
Its just odd because on my secondary portal there is a link about scheduling an interview but I have not heard this from them via phone call or email. I'll just wait until after the 4th.

skyebluedestiny

2+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Its just odd because on my secondary portal there is a link about scheduling an interview but I have not heard this from them via phone call or email. I'll just wait until after the 4th.
Is that under the communications status tab? If so, can click on “view detail” and see what it’s all about. I don’t have that option on my account.

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Received my secondary confirmation this morning. Submitted on 6/25.

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks! Do you know if there are any differences between traffic cameras and speeding tickets? I don't have any of the dates of when I got traffic camera tickets and have no speeding tickets from officers so hopefully cameras wouldn't count....
I would report everything just to be safe in case it shows up on your background check!

Jun 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Question for the LOR part of the secondary. I have 5 LORs submitted to AACOMAS because of all the different requirements between schools. I'm assuming all will be sent to all of the schools. However, VCOM is only asking for the "DO/MD" letter and the "Premedical Committee Chair, Academic Advisor, or Science Faculty Member". Do I just need to list the names of these two people or do I need to list all 5? In total, I have one DO, 2 science, 1 non-science, and my university baseball coach. Their wording seems like it is only required for the two LORs stated above but I'm not certain.
What did you say for "college" of the physician LOR? Where they graduated med school? Idgi lol

May 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I submitted my primary to VCOM 6/11 but I have yet to receive a secondary from them. I did not receive a pre-secondary rejection email either so I am confused on what I should do!?

Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I submitted my primary to VCOM 6/11 but I have yet to receive a secondary from them. I did not receive a pre-secondary rejection email either so I am confused on what I should do!?
They do screen, so that may be it. You could always email them to check on the status of your application.

red_tangoes

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
@PapaGuava

The limit for the prompts is actually 500 words. Spent my afternoon trying to shorten everything down to 500 characters and finally got around to checking the secondary just to see its actually a word limit.

red_tangoes

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I submitted my primary Monday and received a secondary Tuesday morning. It was in my junk mail. You may want to email them and ask if they have sent you one.

Reactions: GodLovesBagels
May 2, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is the CV just straightforward without a description of tasks or responsibilities?

Like 2015-2016 - Work/Volunteer - Soup Kitchen Volunteer at XYZ Shelter

Or did you guys add a blurb about each experience/copy paste what was on your primary for the experience?

Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is the CV just straightforward without a description of tasks or responsibilities?

Like 2015-2016 - Work/Volunteer - Soup Kitchen Volunteer at XYZ Shelter

Or did you guys add a blurb about each experience/copy paste what was on your primary for the experience?
That's what the directions made it sound like, I submitted mine in the exact format you posted.

Reactions: BBQisgood4u
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Jul 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Man, everyone seems to be getting IIs today! What a good way to start the weekend! Wish I was in that same boat! :shrug:

Reactions: eniealici

red_tangoes

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone's application fee still show as incomplete? It says my fee has been paid but the red exclamation point is still there.

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Any update? Were you able to schedule an interview?

bent1993

2+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey you guys, my primary was reviewed on 7/7 and I've been getting a flood of secondaries but none from VCOM. 10 days seems like kind of a long time. My MCAT is 502 and GPA is >3.6 so I don't think I would have gotten screened out. Advice?

Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey you guys, my primary was reviewed on 7/7 and I've been getting a flood of secondaries but none from VCOM. 10 days seems like kind of a long time. My MCAT is 502 and GPA is >3.6 so I don't think I would have gotten screened out. Advice?
They do a holistic screen, so that's probably the holdup. They are probably pretty backed up at this point with classes starting and reviewing applications for interviews. I'd give it a few more days before contacting them.

Jun 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
For all that have not received secondaries, I would call and see if you could get an update on your application.

Jun 13, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
i received an application complete even though i submitted 6/25. is that a soft waitlist or a R?
Just means that they have gathered all your information and they will begin reviewing it to see if they would like to invite you for an interview.

bent1993

2+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I emailed VCOM and they told me that they sent the secondary to me about 2 weeks ago and to check my spam. Thing is I have looked everywhere in my email and do not see it. Should I tell her that? I don't want her to think I'm stupid but I can not find it.

Jun 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I emailed VCOM and they told me that they sent the secondary to me about 2 weeks ago and to check my spam. Thing is I have looked everywhere in my email and do not see it. Should I tell her that? I don't want her to think I'm stupid but I can not find it.
You need to tell her that, because it could be a mistake on their end. Just tell them to resend it why are pre-meds so scared to talk to human beings. It's normal and it happens just be yourself dude.