2019-2020 Missouri, Kansas City

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Missouri - Kansas City

Members don't see this ad.

Do they start the school year in January....? Got email from them saying I'm not eligible for admission..

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else finish the general university application and it's not refreshing that it's complete? I finished mine yesterday and I know it says allow time but wasn't sure how long that would take.

Are there any secondary essay questions?

Are there any secondary essay questions?
Nope! I called them to make sure. I guess the 15 pages we already wrote in our primary application is enough for them GO FIGURE.

Anyone else finish the general university application and it's not refreshing that it's complete? I finished mine yesterday and I know it says allow time but wasn't sure how long that would take.
Mine still says it is submitted on the general app site but says its incomplete on the secondary application page. (It's been like this for a week.)

Do they start the school year in January....? Got email from them saying I'm not eligible for admission..
Yep, its a B.S./M.D. program so most of the students are undergraduates that are now transitioning to the med school part of the program. That is why they start in January. There are only like 20 spots (filled for the poor saps that don't pass the MCAT requirement and can't continue.) And at least 15 of them go to Missouri residents.

Yep, its a B.S./M.D. program so most of the students are undergraduates that are now transitioning to the med school part of the program. That is why they start in January. There are only like 20 spots (filled for the poor saps that don't pass the MCAT requirement and can't continue.) And at least 15 of them go to Missouri residents.

Does the 15 spots going towards Missouri residents include people from regional states? On their website it says they give preference to regional residents too.

Does the 15 spots going towards Missouri residents include people from regional states? On their website it says they give preference to regional residents too.
I would be willing to bet but I'm not 100% sure. If you email them they are really helpful and fast to respond.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been trying to find their average MCAT everywhere for their MD program! Does anyone know the average? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
How long has it taken for the general university app to show up as complete in the MD portal for people?

How long has it taken for the general university app to show up as complete in the MD portal for people?
About two weeks. But it STILL says my letters are incomplete. (Submitted payment and general app July 1st). Anyone else having that issue? My letters have reached 17 other schools without issues at this point...

About two weeks. But it STILL says my letters are incomplete. (Submitted payment and general app July 1st). Anyone else having that issue? My letters have reached 17 other schools without issues at this point...
Having the same issue with letters showing as incomplete...submitted payment+general app on 7/17

Having the same issue with letters showing as incomplete...submitted payment+general app on 7/17
Well I submitted 20 days ago and it still says my letters are incomplete...I wonder if the general app takes 2 weeks THEN they start on your letters which takes another two weeks?
I was pumped when I saw no secondary essays, thought this would be my first file under review. Now I have 22 under review but I'm still having to check this bad bay daily... :lol:

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my general app and payment on 7/1 too, and it literally just (2 minutes ago) got processed. My letters are still missing, but are also at every other school I've applied to.... Not sure what's up with this

my letters were marked complete recently, but my application is still incomplete. anyone else in the same boat? is it worth calling them about it?

my letters were marked complete recently, but my application is still incomplete. anyone else in the same boat? is it worth calling them about it?
I was in the same situation and it was a technical thing on their part. I called and they were super nice and immediately fixed it. I'd call for sure.

I was in the same situation and it was a technical thing on their part. I called and they were super nice and immediately fixed it. I'd call for sure.

My status only shows payment received. Am I looking in the correct place?

My status only shows payment received. Am I looking in the correct place?
I'm not sure where you are looking but you should be able to navigate to the "APP STATUS" tab right under the logo. Mine has green checks by each category and it says "Your application is ready."

I'm not sure where you are looking but you should be able to navigate to the "APP STATUS" tab right under the logo. Mine has green checks by each category and it says "Your application is ready."
guess im using the wrong link. my page does not have tabs

Are you accidentally on the General Application page? Make sure you are going to the actual link to the secondary.

I think the first ones last year were September 21.

Is getting a complete email a positive sign from here or is that just normal. Most schools I’ve received a complete email for have sent an interview soon after but I’m not sure if KC is similar

Interview invite! IS, LM 68.5, interviewing Oct. 14.

Ok guys how are we preparing for this interview coming up? I have had a really hard time finding any advice about the interview process from previous years. It's my first MMI.

Anyone know what to expect for the MMI? interviewing monday

This thread is like seriously dead so this notification probably scared you all (HA! Happy Halloween.) Anyway, based on last year I'm thinking we will hear back in the next three days. Good luck people!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted! Is it bad that this is exactly what I wanted so that I can hopefully hear back from other schools? Ha ha

Just received an acceptance but will be passing on it. Hope it goes to someone on the WL who wants it!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how deep the waitlist is? I can't seem to find it on other threads because people aren't really active and there aren't many of us.

Waitlisted as well! OOS. Considering they only matriculated 2 OOS last year, I'm not optimistic

Also waitlisted. Emailed a med student that took us on a tour and she knew of 2 people in her class that matriculated off the waitlist. If there is a waitlist movement, it will be at the 2 week deposit deadline for those who were accepted.