2022-2023 Missouri, Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bottom third for 2nd time in a row. It's alright I got into a really awesome school OOS! Good luck to everyone on the wait-list.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
middle third. any idea what percentage of the waitlist converts?

Reactions: 1 users
There’s no data posted for last year. But from the two year before that it looks like they’ve taken around 60 people off waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard of WL movement yet? It looks like in past years movement had started by this time.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard of WL movement yet? It looks like in past years movement had started by this time.
It will start very very soon, as the April 15th deadline approaches, a lot of students will begin dropping their acceptances at many schools.

If I called admissions do y’all think they would update me on if the waitlist has moved?

Small update- called admissions and she said they’re still in the top third of the waitlist. She doesn’t expect any real movement until May so she told me to call back mid May to see where the waitlist is at. Kind of what I was expecting

I just withdrew my A! Hopefully, one of you will come off the WL!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Plan To Enroll at another school takes you off the WL? The email says they don’t accept matriculates.

I’m IS, Middle Third and this is my top choice over my planned school

Does anyone know if Plan To Enroll at another school takes you off the WL? The email says they don’t accept matriculates.

I’m IS, Middle Third and this is my top choice over my planned school
No, if you Plan to Enroll you can still be on a waitlist, but if you CTE then you are automatically taken off all waitlist from all other schools.

Just got accepted off the middle third! IS

• Love
Hi guys, I wanted to share something on here for someone that is going through exactly what I went through for the last couple of years trying to get into medical school. This cycle was my third cycle of applying to medical school, as IS student with 3.5 gpa and 504 MCAT. I was placed on the waiting list, top third, and received an acceptance about a month ago. I don't think anyone could have prepared me or warned me about how how hard this process actually is. The hardest part in my opinion is the ability to pick yourself up again and again after receiving no II's , no interview invites, or even receiving an R if you did go through the interview. Its that crushing feeling that you feel in your stomach after retaking the MCAT exactly one year later after your previous one, spending your savings on a very expensive online course, to then receive the exact same score you received the last time. Its counting the years that are passing after your undergrad and feeling stuck in this awkward place, unable to move forward. Picking up your spirits and what little encouragement you have left after that, that was the hardest part for me.

But from my experience, what got me through is literally the cliche that you hear all the time. Don't give up.
If you received an R this cycle, don't give up. if you feel that you have to be hard on yourself for the first couple of days, go through that. That is okay to go through, you want this so much that its only natural you feel this way. But don't stay in it too long. get yourself out of that mentality and start planning forward. Call the schools and ask for feedback, what is lacking in my application, what can I do for the next cycle to improve my app. I did not have the stats on my side, and I know that my MCAT will not go up anymore than it did with my last score, so I focused on differentiating my myself in other ways. My ECs pulled me through, I was passionate about volunteering for a specific organization, and I continued with that after graduating. I maintained a theme with my ECs that focused on those organizations and how it tied to my personal journey as an immigrant student. Through listing my ECs in a timeline order, I explained how working in college had an influence on my GPA. And although my MCAT score is lower than average, I was willing to take it over and over, because this is what I want to do. I do not have a plan B, because medical school of plan a, b, c, and d.

Everyone is on a different journey, and your journey is unique to you. I found out that the timeline I set for myself in undergrad for medical school did not happen. I believe that God had a different plan for me, he wanted me to be in a specific place/mentality before I started medical school, and maybe it will turn out to be for the best. I am sure it does not feel like that now, but you will get through it and It will happen for you. Don't give up on your dreams, this process was designed to be hard, designed to filter out other people that may see themselves doing something different. But if you can't see yourself doing anything else other than wearing a white coat on the hospital floor, you will persevere. Give yourself grace through this process, I believe in you!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an A, bottom 1/3 IS! I declined it soni hope it goes to someone waiting!