2022-2023 Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m pretty sure that they send II to OOS with no ties later in the cycle, so there’s still time!
Yeah I’m not going crazy over it just yet. Ngl little bit impatient, but no Rs yet so staying hopeful.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
got deferred 😭😭, OOS interviewed on 10/20
A huuuuuuuge portion of those that interviewed have to wait until March, definitely do not stress about that!

Reactions: 2 users
A huuuuuuuge portion of those that interviewed have to wait until March, definitely do not stress about that!
ahh gotcha that makes me feel better!! gotta love the waiting game 😅😪

A yesterday!! IS, interviewed 10/19.

Wow that's awesome. Like a 2 week turnaround basically! So quick question, do they tell you which campus you will be going to?? I got an interview coming up but I don't even know which campus it's for. Or do they decide that later when everyone is accepted??

Wow that's awesome. Like a 2 week turnaround basically! So quick question, do they tell you which campus you will be going to?? I got an interview coming up but I don't even know which campus it's for. Or do they decide that later when everyone is accepted??
Nobody finds out until April! They’ll talk more about it during your interview as well

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question to those who interviewed: on interview day do you get on zoom right before your interview slot or is it an all day thing? My interview is at 1:30 pm. But idk if it's like other schools who have like presentations throughout the day

Quick question to those who interviewed: on interview day do you get on zoom right before your interview slot or is it an all day thing? My interview is at 1:30 pm. But idk if it's like other schools who have like presentations throughout the day
It’s not an all day thing. You show up for the check-in, do the interviews, and listen to a brief closing session. For me, the interview “day” lasted about an hour and a half. Their presentations are provided in your initial interview invite email, and you watch them when you feel like it.

It’s not an all day thing. You show up for the check-in, do the interviews, and listen to a brief closing session. For me, the interview “day” lasted about an hour and a half. Their presentations are provided in your initial interview invite email, and you watch them when you feel like it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Thank you for the response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry late reply, but as the other person said you’ll find out in April as July comes closer

Anyone else going to the student Q&A today?

the website says that flat rate tuition for OOS students is 33k, does anyone know if this is accurate? MSAR says 68k.

the website says that flat rate tuition for OOS students is 33k, does anyone know if this is accurate? MSAR says 68k.
The numbers listed on their site are per semester, so MSAR is likely referring to tuition per year

A today via email!!! Interviewed on 11/2

Reactions: 4 users
Deferred until they are finished with interviews. 11/16 interview.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Rejected lol, only I can fumble a 515+URM+born and raised in rural Kansas

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
A today- Interviewed on 11/17 - IS - reapplicant

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone,

Is there a Facebook group or group chat for accepted students?

Also, received a pre-II today! Very shook. Stats are good, IMO, but maybe it's because I'm OOS?

• Care
Hi all! II tonight!! For those who have been interviewed in the morning does the interview day take all day or is it just the hour/morning, trying to figure out when to take off work... thank you!

Hi all! II tonight!! For those who have been interviewed in the morning does the interview day take all day or is it just the hour/morning, trying to figure out when to take off work... thank you!
It’s a short interview! You’ll be done in under two hours I’d say (probably closer to 1.5hrs I don’t remember exactly). The actual interviews take up about an hour total and then everything else is very brief because they expect you to watch their info videos on your own time.

It’s a short interview! You’ll be done in under two hours I’d say (probably closer to 1.5hrs I don’t remember exactly). The actual interviews take up about an hour total and then everything else is very brief because they expect you to watch their info videos on your own time.
Thank you so much!!

OOS II today within the past 30 minutes! Super excited!!

Reactions: 5 users
there’s an accepted student Facebook named KU School of Medicine Class of 2027 for those interested!

everyone else with an A hasn’t had to do anything since signing and returning that 3 page document right? People I know that got into other schools have already done background checks etc so just making sure

everyone else with an A hasn’t had to do anything since signing and returning that 3 page document right? People I know that got into other schools have already done background checks etc so just making sure
I haven’t seen anything besides the 3 paged documents

Last year they heard back a week from now. This last week is going to suck.

Has anyone in the Wait Until March category received a FAFSA priority deadline email?

Interviewed 01/20. Waitlisted just now, mid 30s. Hoping there is good waitlist movement this year. This is my top choice. OOS.

Last edited:
I interviewed in mid-Nov and got the wait until March hold. I just got an email that I was waitlisted in the 10s. I thought we would have to wait another week to hear back, so happy that came early, but sad that I now have to wait until May for waitlist movement.