2019-2020 University of South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS, Secondary Complete 8/7, Interview Date of October 30th.

This date is later than others on the thread... do they invite their higher priority applicants to the earlier interview days? Anyone know how that works?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, Secondary Complete 8/7, Interview Date of October 30th.

This date is later than others on the thread... do they invite their higher priority applicants to the earlier interview days? Anyone know how that works?
Hey there! Current M1 here. I would say don't stress about the date of your interview. They accept a few students at each interview date, so it's not like everybody who interviews on the first interview day gets in. I mean I was given one of the first interview dates and I didn't get in right away. In fact I was waitlisted. And on that note, a lot of people who are waitlisted get in. Good luck on your interview!

Reactions: 1 user
II just now! OOS with ties complete 8/13. They scheduled me for 11/13.

Has anyone interviewed yet or someone who interviewed last year? Just trying to get an idea of the mood of the day - relaxed? Did you enjoy it? Were you comfortable or stressed? Anything helps!

Has anyone interviewed yet or someone who interviewed last year? Just trying to get an idea of the mood of the day - relaxed? Did you enjoy it? Were you comfortable or stressed? Anything helps!

I interviewed 2 cycles ago and it was relaxed! There were 2 one on one interviews that were conversational, one with faculty and one with a student for me. Otherwise they had “cookie time” where we chill in the lobby and socialize with med students and they give a tour and presentations

I interviewed 2 cycles ago and it was relaxed! There were 2 one on one interviews that were conversational, one with faculty and one with a student for me. Otherwise they had “cookie time” where we chill in the lobby and socialize with med students and they give a tour and presentations
awesome, thank you!

Do yall think we will find out tomorrow? Or later this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED AHHHH!!! got an email to call the dean around 12:40. I can't believe it :D

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted as well. Got my email to call around noon. Now we wait for the official "Accepted" email .
See you guys next year :)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a hold mail and it says "highly rated". Should I read too much into this or not?

Has anyone from the last 2 weeks of interviewing heard anything back besides being on hold?

Interviewed on 10/30 and got the email this morning to give them a call. Accepted! OOS with close ties, 508 MCAT, and happy to answer any questions!

Interviewed on 10/30 and got the email this morning to give them a call. Accepted! OOS with close ties, 508 MCAT, and happy to answer any questions!

congrats! Did they ask heavily about those close ties in the interview? I’m OOS interviewing this month

Also interviewed on 10/30 as OOS and got an email this morning to give them a call, but haven't been able to reach them yet. Hoping for good news.

congrats! Did they ask heavily about those close ties in the interview? I’m OOS interviewing this month

They asked the usual "Why USC?" question but didn't dive into my ties to the area really. Both interviews during the day were casual and comfortable - no surprise questions!

is the tour alot of walking outside? Now that it's getting colder I might need to get a nicer coat for interviews...

is the tour alot of walking outside? Now that it's getting colder I might need to get a nicer coat for interviews...
You only walk outside for like a minute! (to get from one building to another)

Accepted last week via phone call, received email today!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! (interviewed first week of october)

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know of a Facebook group (or other group) for accepted students/ Class of 2024?

Received a letter this week after my interview Dec 11th saying while they are unable to make an offer of admission at this time my application was highly rated by the admissions committee. Is this just a way of getting waitlisted or is there a chance of getting accepted before the waitlist comes out?

How early do they fill the class? Was recently invited to interview in March which seems really late.

Received a letter this week after my interview Dec 11th saying while they are unable to make an offer of admission at this time my application was highly rated by the admissions committee. Is this just a way of getting waitlisted or is there a chance of getting accepted before the waitlist comes out?

I doubt admissions committees send out such letters without a reason. But you might actually have a higher chance of admissions from the waitlist than from an interview late in the process, and without an interview invitation by now, your interview would probably come out close to the wait list date anyways.

How early do they fill the class? Was recently invited to interview in March which seems really late.

They fill up the class in late March / early April and the waitlist comes out sometime soon after. The last interview groups are held in March, but I know plenty of people have interviewed late and was waitlisted upper-third or accepted, so don't worry too much about it! Good luck!

Does anyone know when movement starts for those “continuing to be reviewed?” Haven’t heard a peep since getting “you will continually be reviewed throughout interview season” around mid October. Interviewed September 25

Does anyone know when movement starts for those “continuing to be reviewed?” Haven’t heard a peep since getting “you will continually be reviewed throughout interview season” around mid October. Interviewed September 25
I am wondering this myself. I interviewed September 11th.

Hey ya'll, current M1 here. Here to answer any questions you may have!
Maybe you can help. A couple of us interviewed in September and were told we would be continually reviewed. We haven’t heard anything. Any advice or experience with this?

Maybe you can help. A couple of us interviewed in September and were told we would be continually reviewed. We haven’t heard anything. Any advice or experience with this?

I wouldn't worry too much just yet, as they keep interviewing until early March or so. In my honest opinion, someone who interviews in March has just a good of a chance to get accepted as someone who interviewed early in the fall. The first time when I interviewed here, it was in March, and I think over half of my interview group ended up getting accepted.

Around April 1st is when they start accepting a lot of applicants whose applications have been continually reviewed throughout the cycle. The waitlist comes out soon after. Usually if you're in the top 1/3 then you're pretty much guaranteed a spot. Middle-third of the waitlist has a good-to-ok chance, depending on where you stand in that third. And typically the class gets filled up by the time they get to the bottom third.

I know the waiting is stressful at the moment, but good luck to you all! I'm rooting for all of you. Hope this helps!

Hi! Also an M1 here. I would suggest maintaining your application active (if it’s not past any deadlines) by updating the admissions if you have major changes. Also to stay calm! This is a scary/anxious time. But you all have made it sooo far! Keep your heads up.

I can answer any other questions y’all may have too!