2019-2020 University of South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any thoughts on IS waiting list verse OS? I am top tier waiting and hoping!

If you’re top OOS you will get in I think, everyone top IS will get in. If you’re middle OOS you might be out of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems that significant movement started around a week from now on last cycles page. I also know someone who got in off the top 1/3 April 13, which is the earliest I am aware of.

I really wish people holding onto multiple acceptances would commit to one school so those of us waiting can have an opportunity to get in. Waiting is so hard!

Reactions: 1 users
Was accepted off of IS waitlist this morning! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Was accepted this morning and received an email around 8:50!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After going through some of the old threads. I've heard that the middle third for IS has been cleared in past years. Can anyone confirm this? I haven't seen any posts here in the past of IS from the bottom third getting in but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted off top-tier WL (IS) - got email at 1:10

Reactions: 5 users
To those of us who were accepted, how exactly do we secure our spot in the class besides paying the secure seat fee? When does it become “official”?

I just withdrew my A- I hope it goes to one of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the top 1/3 OOS this morning around 10:30! Good luck to everyone else!

Accepted off middle 1/3 IS around 10:30 today!!
For those already accepted: how long do we have to secure our seats? I'm still on the WL at one other school, and since there's so much movement during these first few weeks of May I would like to wait and see if I hear anything from there too.

Accepted off middle 1/3 IS around 10:30 today!!
For those already accepted: how long do we have to secure our seats? I'm still on the WL at one other school, and since there's so much movement during these first few weeks of May I would like to wait and see if I hear anything from there too.
Its typically two weeks after you get your mail! When you get your acceptance packet, it will tell you in it.

I was accepted early May I just haven't posted about it. Good luck to everyone else on the list.

Rising M2 at USC SOM

Congrats to everyone accepted! If you have any questions about the school let me know.

May be in search of a roommate, if anyone is interested. Or if you need help knowing where to live in general, just reach out!

Hi! I am a current applicant and just got my interview this morning, I was just wondering if there are any current medical students at USofC or people who got accepted who could give me any tips for the interview. Thanks in advance :)

Hi! I am a current applicant and just got my interview this morning, I was just wondering if there are any current medical students at USofC or people who got accepted who could give me any tips for the interview. Thanks in advance :)
Hi! Congrats on getting an interview, that’s huge! You have already set yourself apart from 80-90% of applicants. The interview is very relaxed. They try their best to make you feel comfortable and welcome. So you have two mini interviews. I was interviewed by two people in each interview, one faculty and one student. I did have one interviewer be a little tough on me, but it was definitely to see if I would crack and he was super nice to me immediately after. Be yourself, that’s why you’re there, know your worth, know the strengths of your application, and be vulnerable.

Hi! Congrats on getting an interview, that’s huge! You have already set yourself apart from 80-90% of applicants. The interview is very relaxed. They try their best to make you feel comfortable and welcome. So you have two mini interviews. I was interviewed by two people in each interview, one faculty and one student. I did have one interviewer be a little tough on me, but it was definitely to see if I would crack and he was super nice to me immediately after. Be yourself, that’s why you’re there, know your worth, know the strengths of your application, and be vulnerable.
I am a M1 so feel free to contact me if you need any more advice. You got this! I interviewed last September and didn’t hear back until July, so never lose hope.