2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What exactly do you mean by “ties with the Caribbean” and “for profit status”
I would recommend asking the school directly what it means in their own terms - it's quite difficult to find information and is usually coined as "private institutions." Typically it means that they rely on enrollment for funding, so their tuition can change drastically at any point. For profit schools also have to keep their shareholders in mind, so the schools can sort of be seen as a business. There's a lot of great sdn/reddit threads that can give you more info! As for the Caribbean, RVUCOM is owned by the same people who run St. George U - so you can interpret that as you wish. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I’m still hoping to get onto the APS :( but I emailed and got this back:

Good Afternoon

Yes, the movement on the list has been very active! We will contact you as soon as there is a seat available. Also please note that in the past we have called candidates in to take a seat as late as 1 week before Orientation.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I’m still hoping to get onto the APS :( but I emailed and got this back:

Good Afternoon

Yes, the movement on the list has been very active! We will contact you as soon as there is a seat available. Also please note that in the past we have called candidates in to take a seat as late as 1 week before Orientation.
How do those on the alternate get onto the APS list?

How do those on the alternate get onto the APS list?
Not too sure :/! I just know that in my file, I was on the alternate list, but in emails exchanged with admissions, it says my status is “APS candidate”

Not too sure :/! I just know that in my file, I was on the alternate list, but in emails exchanged with admissions, it says my status is “APS candidate”
Maybe you’re on the APS list then? When did you interview? Also, does your portal still show the APS tab?

Last edited:
When you guys paid your deposit, did you get just the confirmation? On my portal, there is no indication of my deposit being paid for.

My tabs are all gone and I was never notified I got off the alternate list
Oh I see! Well hoping for the best for ya! I can tell you there’s still a few people on the APS list that haven’t been pulled yet.. so my guess would be when/if all those people get accepted into this class, they’ll pull alternates..

When you guys paid your deposit, did you get just the confirmation? On my portal, there is no indication of my deposit being paid for.
i withdrew from here, but i paid all 3 deposits with no confirmation on the site and it actually will allow you to move forward with another payment if you tried lol. just make sure you have your receipts and it should be good. when i withdrew it said my status was all 3 deposits paid so they do receive it.

i withdrew from here, but i paid all 3 deposits with no confirmation on the site and it actually will allow you to move forward with another payment if you tried lol. just make sure you have your receipts and it should be good. when i withdrew it said my status was all 3 deposits paid so they do receive it.
Thanks sooo much!

Just got the call to start in July!!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got the call! How do I submit the $2000? Like where do I find the tab to submit that?

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck. I know the application cycle sucks out your soul.

Current student starting 4th year. Let me know if you have specific questions. Good luck this year!
GORO has RVU on bad school lis. Reason why? My son is a first year student there and has Great things to say about professors and gets honors grades. What’s the match last year really as bad as all the posts on this website? He want to go into FP.

GORO has RVU on bad school lis. Reason why? My son is a first year student there and has Great things to say about professors and gets honors grades. What’s the match last year really as bad as all the posts on this website? He want to go into FP.
You would have better luck posting on this years thread. This is from last application cycle and most likely inactive.