2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope so too. Does anyone know how many people are currently APS at the Utah campus?
I don’t think anyone knows how many people are on the list.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Their Twitter page tweeted that we should hear back anytime between now and July.. getting anxious.....

Members don't see this ad :)

Hopefully we get some type of formal update soon as they said they would... I mean with accepted students’ deposits due on May 1st, they’d have to know if/how many spots have become available

That email made me a little hopeful again. Well see what happens these next couple of weeks.. fingers crossed for all of us!

Reactions: 1 users
I decided to withdraw my APS seat. I hope that helps one of you! Good luck to you all x

does anyone know if there’s hope for us alternate guys
Given that not all the APS students have been offered a seat yet, I’d guess that chances that movement off the alternate list will occur is low.. but there’s always still a chance!

I don’t think anyone but APS MSBS students have been taken off the list. It seems that their “first wave” was not for med students.

I don’t think anyone but APS MSBS students have been taken off the list. It seems that their “first wave” was not for med students.
Do you mean current MSBS students matriculating into the DO program... Or students on an APS list for entry into the MSBS program?

Just got the call off of APS! Not sure if I will be taking it yet or not!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to be accepted to the Facebook group? Congrats to all accepted! Excited to meet folks!

Do you think there’s still a chance for people who are on the APS list to get called

I turned down my spot so I hope it goes to one of you all! Best of luck :)

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know that if we're offered a spot for the class of 2026 from APS, if we can reapply a whole new cycle for more options? I'm not sure what the rules are on this

Does anyone know that if we're offered a spot for the class of 2026 from APS, if we can reapply a whole new cycle for more options? I'm not sure what the rules are on this
Yes you can reapply. But if you choose to go somewhere else, you'll have to eat the 2G's that you give them to hold your spot for next year.

Yes you can reapply. But if you choose to go somewhere else, you'll have to eat the 2G's that you give them to hold your spot for next year.
Gotcha! Do you think they would even require the deposit this early for next year? I guess I would have to talk to them about this if the time comes

Gotcha! Do you think they would even require the deposit this early for next year? I guess I would have to talk to them about this if the time comes
I’m guessing once this class is completed, then the APS students who are being placed into the class of 2026, will follow the same timeline as other class of 2026 accepted students to pay the deposit...I don’t see why they’d rush us to put down an immediate 2,000 deposit (They usually do 3 payments) as I’m sure others will be going through the application cycle again to see if they can land something else.... I could be wrong though and they may require APS to place the whole deposit immediately.

I’m guessing once this class is completed, then the APS students who are being placed into the class of 2026, will follow the same timeline as other class of 2026 accepted students to pay the deposit...I don’t see why they’d rush us to put down an immediate 2,000 deposit (They usually do 3 payments) as I’m sure others will be going through the application cycle again to see if they can land something else.... I could be wrong though and they may require APS to place the whole deposit immediately.
That's what I'm hoping for too! Also glad to hear I may not be the only other person trying to get an A somewhere else while keeping a 2026 spot...I'm still highly concerned about this schools match rate

That's what I'm hoping for too! Also glad to hear I may not be the only other person trying to get an A somewhere else while keeping a 2026 spot...I'm still highly concerned about this schools match rate
I personally will not be reapplying and will just take my seat in the class of 2026! But I’m sure there are others who will be trying to get another acceptance

It looks like we will all be matriculating next year 🤷🏽‍♂🤷 see everyone next year, I am done checking this every day, bad for my mental health.

I feel the same😅
I emailed them and asked for an update this morning they were very vague and said

“No updates regarding the APS list are currently available. However, be on the lookout for an email that will be distributed out of our office. If a spot becomes available and is offered to you, you will receive an email (or a phone call) to reply to as soon as possible. This has been a strange cycle and we are unable to determine what (if any) movement the APS list might take in the next few weeks. As APS status, you should be prepared immediately to have the full deposit of $2000 ready if asked to take a seat this cycle.”

I was just called and offered a spot for this year, however with such short notice I will likely be taking a spot for next year (given I am allowed to reapply a full cycle as well). Hopefully someone else will be offered my spot for this year soon!

I was just called and offered a spot for this year, however with such short notice I will likely be taking a spot for next year (given I am allowed to reapply a full cycle as well). Hopefully someone else will be offered my spot for this year soon!
Congratulations! Best of luck with whatever decision you make!

Are you an MSBS applicant? When did you interview?

I just got the call to start this summer🎉 Really hoping y’all get that call soon also!

I just withdrew my spot here so there's at least one more person getting of the APS!! I hope it's one of youuu

Hey fellow waitlisters! I got this email today:
We wanted to let you know that your status is still active as an APS candidate. The removal of the tab was just part of the system that is programed to regenerate in preparation for the next cycle. There is still movement within the APS list. Should a spot be available for you we will contact you as soon as possible.

Hey fellow waitlisters! I got this email today:
We wanted to let you know that your status is still active as an APS candidate. The removal of the tab was just part of the system that is programed to regenerate in preparation for the next cycle. There is still movement within the APS list. Should a spot be available for you we will contact you as soon as possible.
Are you on the waitlist or APS?? I’m on the APS list and didn’t get this email today..

Last edited:
Any others on the alternate list get this email?
Did you get the email, and are you APS or Alternate?? I am on the APS list and didn’t get it. Also, if you’re on the alternate list, I was curious if it’s been said that alternate list people have a chance of later being placed on APS?

Hey guys! I officially withdrew my acceptance from APS this morning. I was told that if you are placed in next year's class you are not allowed to apply anywhere else, so keep that in mind for anyone in the same position. Unfortunately this was my only A this cycle, but I was not aware of rvucom's for profit status/ties with the Caribbean so that was a game changer for me! Best of luck everyone :)

Hey guys! I officially withdrew my acceptance from APS this morning. I was told that if you are placed in next year's class you are not allowed to apply anywhere else, so keep that in mind for anyone in the same position. Unfortunately this was my only A this cycle, but I was not aware of rvucom's for profit status/ties with the Caribbean so that was a game changer for me! Best of luck everyone :)
What exactly do you mean by “ties with the Caribbean” and “for profit status”