2020-2021 University of South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it means you are a solid candidate, but they want to finish more interviews before they hand out more acceptances. At this point in the season, I can imagine with a class size of 100, spots are getting slimmer, but I think being under active consideration is reassuring, because they could have rejected you if they really did not see a chance in accepting you. I remember Dr. Rhinehart saying they normally conclude interviews in March, but this year they added two more dates in April because of more apps this cycle so I think more acceptances will go out around then. And the waitlist will be made after the last interview in mid-April! Good luck to you both!!
WL buddy from UNC lol. We applied to several of the same schools. What’d you hear back from USC?

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
WL buddy from UNC lol. We applied to several of the same schools. What’d you hear back from USC?

Hey friend!!! I got the “we cannot accept you at this time email” aka the silent pre-waitlist? I am OOS so pretty disadvantaged although my instate ties are heavy! I expect to hear something after their last interview mid-April although I’m not waiting on them lol. Hope this helps and feel free to DM me, I would love to chat!

• Love
Totally missed your response to my post, my apologies! And I heard back from one today... waitlisted. Ugh. But I have my interview at USC in a couple weeks. Super pumped since even though I don’t currently live in SC, that’s where I’m from. And it would be nice to be close to my parents since they are getting older.
Well I hope you nail the interview. Let us know what you hear in a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
In 2 to 3 weeks, they will generate a ranked wait list. Once they do this, you can call and ask which tier you are in and they will tell you top middle or bottom third.

Does anyone know when financial aid/scholarship packages are released?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when financial aid/scholarship packages are released?
I know the scholarship application closed at the start of the month (March) and decisions will be released in April they said.

Looking at the previous app cycle threads, it seems like awards are sent out in between april 15th and 20th.

I received a scholarship but I’m not sure if it is my entire award. Did anyone else receive a scholarship notification?

Interviewed March 3rd, and was put on hold. Just got the email and phone call I was accepted! IS student. Let’s go!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students page?
No not yet, they sent out an email on Monday saying they will send a link for it "in the coming weeks". Which kind of stinks imo. One of the schools I was accepted to had one months ago and helps you get a feel for the accepted class and how well you vibe with them, so you can use it as a part of your decision.

Also in previous years the WL came out this week so I’m hopeful

Reactions: 3 users
Also in previous years the WL came out this week so I’m hopeful
The waitlist moves QUICK for instate. I know people that were bottom third that got it. If you are OOS top third has good chance.

The waitlist moves QUICK for instate. I know people that were bottom third that got it. If you are OOS top third has good chance.

If you're OOS but alum, I know there's a 3rd pile for interviews but do you know which list you fall on for WL?

If you're OOS but alum, I know there's a 3rd pile for interviews but do you know which list you fall on for WL?
Still on the OOS. Basically you are either IS or OOS. In previous years that’s how they have done the waitlists. In my opinion I think the waitlists will move a little more this year because of online interviews. But that’s conjecture.

Reactions: 1 users
Still on the OOS. Basically you are either IS or OOS. In previous years that’s how they have done the waitlists. In my opinion I think the waitlists will move a little more this year because of online interviews. But that’s conjecture.
CSurgeon95 let me just say you are awesome! I've been on this thread since November (interviewed November 18th) reading your responses to everyone's questions. Interviewed 11/18 and was put "under active consideration" then got the email a couple weeks ago asking if I would like to be considered for the waitlist. Currently OOS and among the many anxious souls waiting for the waitlist and that miraculous phone call.

When you say it is going to "move a little more", what do you mean by that?

OOS student but went to USC Columbia for undergrad with some instate ties. Put on hold following my interview in January and received the email from Shelly about whether or not I wanted to be placed on a waitlist. Hopefully we receive some information this week about the waitlist!

I'm too scared to call and ask because technically its 2 weeks later than the normal waitlist release date but that's obviously COVID related. But also I want to know.

I'm too scared to call and ask because technically its 2 weeks later than the normal waitlist release date but that's obviously COVID related. But also I want to know.
I think this Wednesday 04/14 is the last interview day so hopefully we hear something this week! I also got the email from Shelley asking if I wanted to be on the waitlist back in March and hope they started creating it back then. It would be awesome to hear something this week!

I read another another post that said they are reading tea leaves at this point trying to make sense of all of this and I have never related to something more. 😂

Reactions: 2 users
@User4132 @nicolemed we didnt have to do anything with that email right? it just said "reply if you've already accepted another offer so we dont add you to the waitlist, otherwise we'll LYK"

I think this Wednesday 04/14 is the last interview day so hopefully we hear something this week! I also got the email from Shelley asking if I wanted to be on the waitlist back in March and hope they started creating it back then. It would be awesome to hear something this week!

I read another another post that said they are reading tea leaves at this point trying to make sense of all of this and I have never related to something more. 😂
HAHAHAH plz just give us a crumb lol tell me if I am upper, middle or low tier!!

So weird that they're finishing interviews a whole two weeks after Greenville, who has already released their WL

So , I was interviewed last week and come to find out, they were just interviewing around 20 of us for the WL spots, not even considering us for a real spot. They are just interviewing for their numbers to be higher! Then, I thought I would look up their tuition and they are ranked #1 for cost, which is 91,000/year! They publish 45,000/semester for OOS. If you are OOS and have another school to go too, I would highly consider it, because of the very high tuition!! And this school isn't even ranked that high. Good luck to all for getting in elsewhere!

Last edited:
So , I was interviewed last week and come to find out, they were just interviewing around 20 of us for the WL spots, not even considering us for a real spot. They are just interviewing for their numbers to be higher! Then, I thought I would look up their tuition and they are ranked #1 for cost, which is 91,000/year! They publish 45,000/semester for OOS. If you are OOS and have another school to go too, I would highly consider it, because of the very high tuition!! And this school isn't even ranked that high. Good luck to all for getting in elsewhere!
How did you find that out?

With hopes that the waitlist comes out soon, good luck everyone! If we don’t get in, then we apply again and again, further bettering ourselves and never giving up!

Dr. Reinhardt told us today that they will be doing a final round of acceptances and rejections by the end of this week. Then he said they will be making the waitlist and they may even send waitlist emails as soon as next Monday.

Reactions: 1 users
Dr. Reinhardt told us today that they will be doing a final round of acceptances and rejections by the end of this week. Then he said they will be making the waitlist and they may even send waitlist emails as soon as next Monday.
thanks for the update!

just got a call and I was accepted!!! OOS student but went to USC Columbia

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So weird that they're finishing interviews a whole two weeks after Greenville, who has already released their WL
LOL no call today for me so if you didn't get one maybe we are just gonna be waitlisted

CSurgeon95 let me just say you are awesome! I've been on this thread since November (interviewed November 18th) reading your responses to everyone's questions. Interviewed 11/18 and was put "under active consideration" then got the email a couple weeks ago asking if I would like to be considered for the waitlist. Currently OOS and among the many anxious souls waiting for the waitlist and that miraculous phone call.

It’s just like with the match this year. With online interviews more people interviewed and get accepted more places. So it likely they will drop more people therefore more people will get off the waitlist.

Also with April 30th coming up, lots of people will be letting go of multiple acceptance and making their final choices (of the current A's they have).