2021-2022 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any acceptances ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping they wouldn’t push everything back to January
same. just got a phone call and fell over myself trying to answer it mid conversation with someone else. it was.........spam. :cautious:

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
same. just got a phone call and fell over myself trying to answer it mid conversation with someone else. it was.........spam. :cautious:
Do you think they’ll release emails tomorrow at least?

Literally what is going on with this school

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Is mercer still giving out II? My scores are in the 90th+ percentile for here and still have yet to hear anything

I’m curious if the lower volume of acceptances on here is due to people simply not posting or if they accepted more ED than they normally do. This is usually prime time of people hearing back from them.

I’m curious if the lower volume of acceptances on here is due to people simply not posting or if they accepted more ED than they normally do. This is usually prime time of people hearing back from them.
If the latter is true I wish I would have known because I definitely would have applied ED.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, my interviewer kind of made me feel bad for not applying ED... They have an obvious bias

least favorite interview so far this cycle.

Reactions: 4 users
Tomorrow is the last Wednesday of the month and the year, If I recall correctly, Mercer have not sent any Interview Invite.(II) this month.
Will tomorrow be the day?!?!?!? We will find out!

Tomorrow is the last Wednesday of the month and the year, If I recall correctly, Mercer have not sent any Interview Invite.(II) this month.
Will tomorrow be the day?!?!?!? We will find out!
I hate to be negative, but someone on here was accepted on 12/15, so I think that's it for this month. Also, the last II mentioned here went out on 11/1, so Mercer seems to be done with this cycle.

I hate to be negative, but someone on here was accepted on 12/15, so I think that's it for this month. Also, the last II mentioned here went out on 11/1, so Mercer seems to be done with this cycle.
do you think people who interviewed in December will hear back Jan?

do you think people who interviewed in December will hear back Jan?
Last cycle it looks like there were a couple of acceptances in both January and February, so it's certainly possible. I believe Mercer only sends As for number of seats available, so it definitely seems like they are getting close to full based on lack of recent activity.

On a positive note, there are undoubtedly folks out there holding on to multiple acceptances waiting to hear back about financial aid. When/if they are forced to drop their Mercer A, then I'd bet there will be some more movement in ~April-May as Mercer works to fill back up the class. That's what happened last year.

Did anyone who interviewed Nov/December receive a postcard from a student ambassador for the holidays?

Honestly, my interviewer kind of made me feel bad for not applying ED... They have an obvious bias

least favorite interview so far this cycle.
They put such a focus on ED because "typically" those who apply ED match Mercer's mission more closely than that of the average RD applicant. Also, the purpose of ED is for those applicants who wish solely to go to that school, therefore, by an applicant applying to ED it shows the school that they are very interested. As compared to an applicant who does RD that could apply to an unlimited amount of schools.

I interviewed in Sept and still haven’t heard anything :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
They put such a focus on ED because "typically" those who apply ED match Mercer's mission more closely than that of the average RD applicant. Also, the purpose of ED is for those applicants who wish solely to go to that school, therefore, by an applicant applying to ED it shows the school that they are very interested. As compared to an applicant who does RD that could apply to an unlimited amount of schools.
That's understandable to a degree. However applying ED is a big risk and not everyone is in the situation to bet it all on one school. Just because someone doesn't apply ED doesn't mean they are not interested in said school. I think they can potentially run off a lot of applicants who are great fits based on the attitude that ED>RD.

Reactions: 3 users
That's understandable to a degree. However applying ED is a big risk and not everyone is in the situation to bet it all on one school. Just because someone doesn't apply ED doesn't mean they are not interested in said school. I think they can potentially run off a lot of applicants who are great fits based on the attitude that ED>RD.
I understand not everyone is in the situation to put all there eggs in one basket, but it is beneficial for those who can. Also, when someone applies to ED it does not necessarily mean that they want to only go to that school, but possibly because they have a better chance of getting accepted through ED. By this I mean, in ED you apply against fewer people with more seats, versus RD you apply against more people for less seats. Finally, I don't think Mercer says that ED>RD as a whole, just initially/early on in the cycle they pay closer attention to those that have chosen ED.

I understand not everyone is in the situation to put all there eggs in one basket, but it is beneficial for those who can. Also, when someone applies to ED it does not necessarily mean that they want to only go to that school, but possibly because they have a better chance of getting accepted through ED. By this I mean, in ED you apply against fewer people with more seats, versus RD you apply against more people for less seats. Finally, I don't think Mercer says that ED>RD as a whole, just initially/early on in the cycle they pay closer attention to those that have chosen ED.
I completely understand the benefits of ED for those whom it applies to. I was speaking on my personal experience in my interview, which came across condescending because I did not apply ED.. Glad it worked out for you : )

I completely understand the benefits of ED for those whom it applies to. I was speaking on my personal experience in my interview, which came across condescending because I did not apply ED.. Glad it worked out for you : )
I understand, and I don't feel that was right for your interviewer to have judged you for not doing ED. After my interview they told us we could email someone (I forgot who as I interviewed in September) if we believe we had an unfair interview. Did you do that by chance? Because I think if you submit that you had an unfair interview they will schedule you another with a different interviewer?

I understand, and I don't feel that was right for your interviewer to have judged you for not doing ED. After my interview they told us we could email someone (I forgot who as I interviewed in September) if we believe we had an unfair interview. Did you do that by chance? Because I think if you submit that you had an unfair interview they will schedule you another with a different interviewer?
Not too concerned about it atp.

Did anyone contact admission lately and asked if this Cycle done for any new Interview Invitations. I did try in November and was told it is still on.

Hi All - just received a II. Does anyone have advice on how to best prepare/get set for this interview? Thanks!

Hi All - just received a II. Does anyone have advice on how to best prepare/get set for this interview? Thanks!
Some questions they will def ask you:
Why medicine
How do you fit with Mercers mission
How did COVID affect you
What are your strengths/weaknesses

Looks like they didn't meet today? Looks like next week then?

Btw the committee already met yesterday. Someone posted on the GroupMe that they had a call around 5pm.

Btw the committee already met yesterday. Someone posted on the GroupMe that they had a call around 5pm.
But how many are they accepting per month? Seems like slow movement and it is about to be February

Yea, I know..... do they accept the same amount of people each month or less than that also?
But how many are they accepting per month? Seems like slow movement and it is about to be February

Yea, I know..... do they accept the same amount of people each month or less than that also?
From the people who have reported acceptances on sdn this cycle, it seems only about 2-5 people have been accepted each month since ED acceptances back in September. This month, there was only 1 reported acceptance (could be more, just not reported on sdn or groupme)

Last edited:
From the people who have reported acceptances on sdn this cycle, it seems only about 2-5 people have been accepted each month so far. This month, there was only 1 reported acceptance (could be more, just not reported on sdn or groupme)
Morale is low

• Care
Reactions: 7 users