2021-2022 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never say never y’all!!! I just got the call about 15 mins ago!!! :)
Make sure you buy a lottery ticket, you've got luck on your side my friend!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Not getting in this past cycle. Def way late in current cycle to reapply. Guess medical school isn’t for me 🤷‍♂️

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, it's definitely not too late. Please reapply and Mercer is known for waitlisting people multiple times. There was a guy in a previous forum from a few years ago that was waitlisted 3 or 4 times before being accepted here. Honestly lost hope in this school once I saw that. I was waitlisted here twice. But keep applying to multiple schools, you'll get in somewhere!

Not getting in this past cycle. Def way late in current cycle to reapply. Guess medical school isn’t for me 🤷‍♂️
Definitely not too late to reapply. I’ve been waitlisted from Mercer on multiple cycles (including this current one). Will be starting med school this Fall at another institution. My reapplications and time off school allowed me to grow and experience life outside school. The timelines we desire are often wrong. Keep your head high and continue working towards this dream.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely not too late to reapply. I’ve been waitlisted from Mercer on multiple cycles (including this current one). Will be starting med school this Fall at another institution. My reapplications and time off school allowed me to grow and experience life outside school. The timelines we desire are often wrong. Keep your head high and continue working towards this dream.
Out of curiosity, did Mercer provide feedback on why you were waitlisted multiple times?

I am applying ED this cycle, although I've done some shadowing/clinic work I do not have significant "rural ties." I'm worried that by going all in on MUSM I'm hurting myself at other programs.

Hey! I remember submitting my primary on July 22nd, 2021 and secondary by the first week of August. I got in this cycle! Please consider reapplying if you believe MUSM is a great fit for you!

Hey! I remember submitting my primary on July 22nd, 2021 and secondary by the first week of August. I got in this cycle! Please consider reapplying if you believe MUSM is a great fit for you!
Were you just called off the waitlist?

• Hmm
so i just got my secondary application for next year and am having hard time entering info into it. is anyone else having this issue? it just won't let me type in the fields

I know for ED I think they send out interview invites in batches or waves? I was in the first wave and Mercer started interview invites on July 27th!
Hello! Quick question - do you recall if Mercer interviewed everyone who submitted an ED application?

Hello! Quick question - do you recall if Mercer interviewed everyone who submitted an ED application?
i'm not 100% sure but i dont think so. they get a lot of ED applicants and i doubt theyd have time to interview them all