2021-2022 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Macon Campus has an open house this Friday! You can register through the link on MUSM Facebook page.
Holy crap thank you for mentioning this! I had no idea

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know of waitlist movement yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if you are able to transfer campuses if you are unhappy with your experience?

Any WL movement from the gang? 230 people waiting for a few spots seems unlikely..

Any WL movement from the gang? 230 people waiting for a few spots seems unlikely..
So April 15, AAMC asks ppl to narrow acceptances to 3 schools, then May 2nd, narrow down to 1 by commit/plan to enroll. If people choose not to go to Mercer, then maybe waitlists will start shifting around those dates I think.

Reactions: 3 users
So April 15, AAMC asks ppl to narrow acceptances to 3 schools, then May 2nd, narrow down to 1 by commit/plan to enroll. If people choose not to go to Mercer, then maybe waitlists will start shifting around those dates I think.
Any WL movement for folks in here post 4/15?

For folks re-applying, how did you convey your desire/exposure to 'rural practice'? Looking to add in some rural focused experiences ahead of the start of next cycle

For folks re-applying, how did you convey your desire/exposure to 'rural practice'? Looking to add in some rural focused experiences ahead of the start of next cycle
I volunteered at a clinic that serves uninsured/underserved patients, but I am also thinking about shadowing in a rural location!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of the digits for the phone numbers that could possibly call from them, after the (478) and (912) area code? I know that the Macon admissions office is 478-301 for all numbers, so can we only expect to get a call from a 478-301 number and not from elsewhere from others experiences?

Does anyone know of the digits for the phone numbers that could possibly call from them, after the (478) and (912) area code? I know that the Macon admissions office is 478-301 for all numbers, so can we only expect to get a call from a 478-301 number and not from elsewhere from others experiences?
Maybe the Columbus area code?

Today was the deadline, so anticipate movement between now and end of next week (depending on MUSM's lag time). Keep us posted folks!

Reactions: 2 users
I know 2 people who got accepted today

Around 330 is when the call came in. And then I got the email a few hours later.

Anybody looking for a roommate in savannah?

forgot to post. I got accepted to the Columbus campus last Wednesday. Is there a group me available.

Reactions: 4 users
forgot to post. I got accepted to the Columbus campus last Wednesday. Is there a group me available.
congrats! not sure if there’s a groupme but there’s a facebook group. so when they call do they tell you which campus you’re accepted to?

I specifically asked if I had been accepted to a specific campus I had my heart set on and they said yes

EDIT: no facebook having gang where yall at

For all those still waiting, my assumption is the last major wave of waitlist acceptances took place last week (after the May 2 AMCAS deadline). New working assumption is any remaining openings are from folks who decide not to join at the last minute.

Nobody ever says much. Its only like 30 students on that campus?

I live in Colga already so I have seen the campus and actually work right next to it. It’s beautiful in person overloooking the river but this class will be 40 peeps, next year 50, and the following 60

^^^^ retweet. Also has anyone heard any word of the match list or any word of mouth of how it was this past year?

Some of the people in those groups are upper classmen and faculty so those numbers aren't that accurate.

Some of the people in those groups are upper classmen and faculty so those numbers aren't that accurate.
I don't think there's much room for waitlist folks at this point

Never say never y’all!!! I just got the call about 15 mins ago!!! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users