2021-2022 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call. Interviewed in early November.
For those who don’t get the call today, know that ALOT of mercers class is originally put on the waitlist and makes it through. This process sucks. Sending love to all of you

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
For those who don’t get the call today, know that ALOT of mercers class is originally put on the waitlist and makes it through. This process sucks. Sending love to all of you
wow November! Congrats!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When were you put on the waitlist?

Contacted admission today - they will not have final decisions to share until next week

Reactions: 6 users
Contacted admission today - they will not have final decisions to share until next week
Interviewed in September. It should be a crime to make someone wait nearly 6 months for a decision at a school that only interviews 400 applicants 😒

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed in September. It should be a crime to make someone wait nearly 6 months for a decision at a school that only interviews 400 applicants 😒
Also interviewed in September and couldn’t agree more :(

Reactions: 2 users
Fairly sure today was their deadline to hear waitlist decisions. Do they do silent rejections here?

Reactions: 3 users
Fairly sure today was their deadline to hear waitlist decisions. Do they do silent rejections here?
When I called last week, I spoke to Amira Jenrette. She said that she was behind schedule and would have 'decisions' for everyone by end of this week. Seems like she is behind

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received WL email.

Reactions: 1 user
still nothing, guess they hate me too much to reject me LOL

Called admissions. Everyone will be getting a decision by the end of the week. For those who haven't heard such as myself, the glass half-full way of looking at things is that maybe were still being considered for an RD A.

Reactions: 3 users
Called admissions. Everyone will be getting a decision by the end of the week. For those who haven't heard such as myself, the glass half-full way of looking at things is that maybe were still being considered for an RD A.
Bruhhhh they really are gonna make us ride it out until Friday??

Anyone here a reapplicant? If so, did you apply again here with a higher MCAT score this cycle?

Anyone here a reapplicant? If so, did you apply again here with a higher MCAT score this cycle?
I’m not a reapplicant, but a couple things I’ve learned about MUSM (from a source who graduated in 2020 as well) is that they 1) eagerly seek people who STRONGLY fit the mission 2) love people who do early decision.

That being said, I don’t think a somewhat higher MCAT score makes a huge difference if you don’t fit mission or aren’t strongly considering ED.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll be declining my WL spot. Good luck to you all!

Waitlisted..... does anyone know, if they will tell us what position we are on the wait list and/or are brave enough to ask for the team??? Ha ha ha ha..... 😅😖🥴

Waitlisted..... does anyone know, if they will tell us what position we are on the wait list and/or are brave enough to ask for the team??? Ha ha ha ha..... 😅😖🥴
No harm in asking. I would ask to see if the waitlist is ranked or unranked - ranked matters, unranked means free for all

For MUSM, I talked to a current student last year and they rank applicants on the waitlist. And they don’t disclose your numerical rank when you try and ask them.

For MUSM, I talked to a current student last year and they rank applicants on the waitlist. And they don’t disclose your numerical rank when you try and ask them.
Thank you! Any insight into how it's ranked? For example, folks who received WL notification first are ranked higher?

Thank you! Any insight into how it's ranked? For example, folks who received WL notification first are ranked higher?
No problem! And I don’t know on that part if Mercer ranks people by WL email received first, I am so sorry!

Any current student have the match list for 2022?

Does anyone know if admissions would let people tour or at least see the campus? I interviewed, on WL but I wanna see the main campus at least

Does anyone know if admissions would let people tour or at least see the campus? I interviewed, on WL but I wanna see the main campus at least
The Macon Campus has an open house this Friday! You can register through the link on MUSM Facebook page.