2021-2022 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted around 10:30am on Friday!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed, do you take up the whole time as described in the sample interview schedule?

This school needs to just send me the II or the R. I don't have time to play these games.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Would anyone be so kind as to call the admissions office and ask if interview invites are done for RD?

Would anyone be so kind as to call the admissions office and ask if interview invites are done for RD?
In the interview invitation email for RD applicants, they state that "you should schedule your interview in the period Sep 28, 2021 - Feb 8, 2022"

I have to imagine they are close to, if not already, done with sending invitations.

Reactions: 1 user
In the interview invitation email for RD applicants, they state that "you should schedule your interview in the period Sep 28, 2021 - Feb 8, 2022"

I have to imagine they are close to, if not already, done with sending invitations.
Probably true. I want to hear it from the horse’s mouth though.

Hey guys. I called SOM admissions.

Interview invites for RD are mostly done. The official last date for invites is February 8, and rejection letters will go out in March.

It has been real everyone! May we all meet again in 4 years for residency applications.

Hey folks, I interviewed recently and have yet to hear back. I did receive a personalized handwritten letter in the mail from the ad-com specifically citing things I mentioned during the interview. Assuming this is a good sign? Have other who interviewed received something similar after completing their interview?

Hey folks, I interviewed recently and have yet to hear back. I did receive a personalized handwritten letter in the mail from the ad-com specifically citing things I mentioned during the interview. Assuming this is a good sign? Have other who interviewed received something similar after completing their interview?
I received a hand written letter as well. I interviewed back in October and still haven't heard back.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Best of luck to everyone! Can't wait to meet you guys next year! Message me if you have any questions and I'll do my best I can to answer them.

Last edited:
I also received a handwritten letter back around Christmastime. Interviewed Dec 2, sent LOI, still waiting for final decision

How do we feel about a possible round of A’s today boys?

• Love
Can someone enlighten me on the process? Thank you
Basically, the committee meets every third Wednesday of every month, during the cycle to decide acceptances. If no one hears anything like today, then they will meet the following Wednesday of the next week. People either get a call from someone saying they are accepted that day or Thursday, an e-mail the following morning of the next day, or both.

If you got anything yesterday please let those of us still hopeful know 😩

Crickets this week?

Seems like what we have thought all along is true - A lot more of acceptances have been given to ED applicants and those who applied early in the application cycle. Very odd to not hear of 1 acceptance given for the final month of the committee meeting

Did anyone here reapply ED this cycle and NOT get an interview and/or acceptance?

Yeah. I applied ED, got an interview, and was rolled over into regular decision. I have not heard from them since.

Yeah. I applied ED, got an interview, and was rolled over into regular decision. I have not heard from them since.
Oh, that's rough..... SO sorry to hear that..... are you a reapplicant? If so, did you apply regular or ED last cycle?

Not sure if the same thing is happening, but last year I interviewed in November and didn't hear back until March and was informed that I was waitlisted. March is also the month they send out their final decisions so that could be when everyone hears back.

Not sure if the same thing is happening, but last year I interviewed in November and didn't hear back until March and was informed that I was waitlisted. March is also the month they send out their final decisions so that could be when everyone hears back.
Yea, probably so..... are you a reapplicant for this cycle? Did you get an interview this cycle as well? Did you apply Regular or ED?

The committee met this Wednesday. I knew someone that got accepted on Thursday via email. I also have been told from people who work at MUSM that they’re pretty much have the class filled, but will accept more people once more withdraw (which I assume would be the waitlists that happen in March)

Hey guys, does anyone know where I should send a letter of intent? I interviewed in October 2021 and I haven't heard back yet.

Hey guys, does anyone know where I should send a letter of intent? I interviewed in October 2021 and I haven't heard back yet.
I would send it in ASAP..... I'm in the EXACT same boat as you and sent mine in back around the third week of December my friend..... ☺️

Reactions: 1 users
I sent LOI pretty quickly after interview in September and I still haven’t heard back either

I sent in an LOI a few weeks ago, and they replied to say it was added to my file, but I’m just going to assume I won’t hear back until March. I just feel like I put my entire soul into that interview, but of course everyone who interviews is qualified and deserving.

Has anyone heard about waitlist status? We're approaching the 3/18 deadline

I was informed by admin that if an applicant is rejected post II, MUSM will offer admission's counseling ahead of the next cycle. Curious, has anyone used this and if so was it helpful? I'll definitely pursue this option if available and I am rejected later this week