2021-2022 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could any recent interview invitees let us know what interview dates are currently being offered by Mercer? Just trying to get a feel for how many IIs might be left to give!
Dec 2 was first available for me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am also interested in knowing the answer to this wonderful question
Yes, those who are not accepted after the committee meeting of one month are rolled into consideration for the next month and there after. Of course, chances go down as more applicants are considered each month that passes, but I have heard of plenty of people not getting the acceptance call until months after.

On average, how long does it take RD applicants to hear back if they were invited for an interview? I've submitted my Secondaries on 10/23. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Huh that’s weird, I would email musm admissions and ask if they’re having technical issues! They’re really nice and respond quickly! Or I would change browsers
Thank you for replying! My friend who is also applying RD had the same issue on the same day, but the link started working the next day. So, I assume it was a technical issue.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know Mercer’s average pass rate on USMLE 1? Also the attendance policy and match locations?

Last edited:
Not much activity for new Interview Invites. Does any one know how many seats still available ?
and How many candidates they interview every week?

• Hmm
Not much activity for new Interview Invites. Does any one know how many seats still available ?
and How many candidates they interview every week?
I'm genuinely starting to think that Mercer has essentially filled up this class primarily with ED applicants based on how relatively silent it's been compared to years' past.

Does anyone know if there has been a facebook group created for this incoming class?

Does anyone know Mercer’s average pass rate on USMLE 1? Also the attendance policy and match locations?
Not sure about the average pass rate, but wouldn't that depend on how the student studies?? Everyone is different. Also, for match locations, they have a video on YouTube for last year's class. It'll give you an idea

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious to see if the committee meets on the 3rd wednesday as they normally do or the 4th wednesday of the month like they did for october..

I think tomorrow since thanksgiving is next week

Does this mean interviews might come out after the Committee meeting too? Or just for A?

So, are acceptances ALWAYS given out on the third Wednesday of every month or could it be another day of the week or week entirely? How do we know that for sure? Interview invites are given out any day or week or given out on the third Wednesday of every month as well?

So, are acceptances ALWAYS given out on the third Wednesday of every month or could it be another day of the week or week entirely? How do we know that for sure? Interview invites are given out any day or week or given out on the third Wednesday of every month as well?
It's every 3rd Wednesday of the month. Good luck to all of us today!!

• Care
It’s looking a little grim today boys. The silence is deafening

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone had/heard acceptances past 6pm?

Got the acceptance call from my interviewer at 4:45 this afternoon!! So excited and can't wait to start this journey at Mercer :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the acceptance call from my interviewer at 4:45 this afternoon!! So excited and can't wait to start this journey at Mercer :)
Congratulations!!! When did you interview? ..... ☺️

Soooooo..... only one acceptance today then and that's it???

Anyone else get the acceptance call? Can't believe its been so dry on here

Reactions: 2 users
why does it seem like they accepted 90% of their class from ED cause it feels like the last two committee meetings have accepted only like 2-3 people each

why does it seem like they accepted 90% of their class from ED cause it feels like the last two committee meetings have accepted only like 2-3 people each
Seriously. Mercer is one of my top choices due to location and mission, and I didn’t know they relied so heavily on ED for admissions.

Seriously. Mercer is one of my top choices due to location and mission, and I didn’t know they relied so heavily on ED for admissions.
Anybody think its worth it to email and ask..? I think I've pestered admissions enough lol.

Is there a Facebook group already? Anyway we can see how many people have already been accepted? RD here complete 9/27 and really hope to get an II. Any M1s that know if IIs continue into January usually?

There’s hope today boys hopefully more of us hear back today

I think it’s important to remember that an sdn thread is not representative of their admission process.

Roughly 60 people are admitted for ED each cycle (based on prior years). We didn’t get 60 people posting about acceptances on October 1st, did we?

Trying to discern what’s going on behind closed doors is just going to give you more anxiety

Reactions: 6 users
Hey, did anyone get a call today? Are there acceptance calls ever given out on Fridays? I have a missed call around ~3pm that I couldn't pick up from a 478 area code? Is it always a number with a 478 area code that we should expect, if we get a call? No voicemail as well?

Last edited:
Hey, did anyone get a call today? Are there acceptance calls ever given out on Fridays? I have a missed call around ~3pm that I couldn't pick up from a 478 area code? Is it always a number with a 478 area code that we should expect, if we get a call? No voicemail as well?
Is it strictly Wednesday or Thursday and not Friday?

Sending good vibes for another batch of acceptances today hopefully 🧙‍♂️

not me still hoping they'll actually send an II

Reactions: 3 users
Received an II 12/1. Complete 11/2. There were still plenty of dates in January, almost every Tuesday and Thursday so they aren't done yet!