You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 San Juan Bautista
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes. Im an MS1 currently but I know from talking to my more senior classmates. Also, Many of us who are from the states work hard third year and that frees up 4th year to go do elective rotations in hospitals back stateside.What are clinical rotations like? Do students go through academic hospitals and work with residents and get good opportunities to learn (put in art lines etc.)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd year student. SJB starts 1 month early to do a month of research and biostats. It varies but most classes are not mandatory. Research is included in the curriculum and there's several research opportunities within the school as well as outside. Classes are graded, A,B,C, etc. Not sure about rotations since I'm not there yet but I hear they can be in Caguas, San Juan, or other places on the island. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about pre-clinical years.
futurodoctor
Full Member
Got WL this morning. 🙁
coppercorn
Full Member
Could any accepted students please answer a few questions? (I believe most of this information was included in the acceptance email like they sent last year.)
1. when is orientation?
2. is it in person?
3. when do we have to be in person at SJB?
4. if there is an accepted students group chat, how many people are in there right now?
5. how full is the RCM/UPR class? (I have heard most PR residents choose that school if accepted, leaving more vacancies here.)
Your help would be VERY much appreciated!
1. when is orientation?
2. is it in person?
3. when do we have to be in person at SJB?
4. if there is an accepted students group chat, how many people are in there right now?
5. how full is the RCM/UPR class? (I have heard most PR residents choose that school if accepted, leaving more vacancies here.)
Your help would be VERY much appreciated!
futuremd333777
New Member
Congrats!!Hey guys! Just got the A and will be attending SJB this year 🙂
Let me know who's also going to attend!
Would you mind sharing when you were interviewed?
Thank you! My interview was back in February. I got the A a few weeks after that.Congrats!!
Would you mind sharing when you were interviewed?
Hey! I can answer these!Could any accepted students please answer a few questions? (I believe most of this information was included in the acceptance email like they sent last year.)
1. when is orientation?
2. is it in person?
3. when do we have to be in person at SJB?
4. if there is an accepted students group chat, how many people are in there right now?
5. how full is the RCM/UPR class? (I have heard most PR residents choose that school if accepted, leaving more vacancies here.)
Your help would be VERY much appreciated!
1. June 20th
2. Yes, it's in person.
3. They say by June 14th because we have to be present to sign some enrollment documents.
4. I've been meaning to look for a group chat myself! So far, no luck. Are you going to SJB?
5. I can't answer this question, but I'm OOS, which I'm assuming is really rare for SJB.
Withdrew from SJB yesterday, good luck everyone
futurodoctor
Full Member
Withdrew from SJB yesterday too. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medstudent001
Full Member
Telegram groupchat for accepted students
t.me
SJB MD2026
medstudent001
Full Member
Yes, rotations are in 3rd and 4th year. Third year is in Puerto Rico and 4th you can do your electives in the mainlandWhat are clinical rotations like? Do students go through academic hospitals and work with residents and get good opportunities to learn (put in art lines etc.)
guestuser1808
New Member
My interview was 2 weeks ago and have not heard of them either. 🥲
guestuser1808
New Member
Any recent A?