This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The gap year does not mean anything. A lot of times, internship sites see that you did something with the gap year (i.e., getting more experience, research, etc.). So many people I know with a gap year got a placement. I highly recommend applying to more - IF you feel like the sites are good.
This is true! I took a gap year this year to make up for lost intervention hours and it hasn't impacted me so far. Honestly it was probably the best decision I could have made

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Central TX VA folks, what locations have sent out invites? Or maybe it was all? I only applied to one of their locations.
During a previous year, invites were sent via a single mass email. Even if you only applied to one site, you could attend whichever interview day that worked with your schedule and were told at interview day that you could rank all of the 3 sites, even if you didn’t initially apply. Not sure if things have changed since then but good luck.

During a previous year, invites were sent via a single mass email. Even if you only applied to one site, you could attend whichever interview day that worked with your schedule and were told at interview day that you could rank all of the 3 sites, even if you didn’t initially apply. Not sure if things have changed since then but good luck.
Central TX VA folks, what locations have sent out invites? Or maybe it was all? I only applied to one of their locations.
This is how it was when I interviewed last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
Speciality Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Mental Health Clinic
Date Invitation Received: 11/21/2021
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email): Email (mixed; text was mass, scheduling link was personalized)
Interview Dates Offered: 12/17, 1/5, 1/10

Reactions: 3 users
So this is hard to write publicly to strangers. I have just received my 4th rejection. O interviews offered. I applied to a variety of sites. I was going to submit some applications this weekend but I deleted them. I am feeling extremely discouraged. I think it is because I have a gap last year and my materials must not be strong, which is why I am not submitting anymore applications as of now. My dissertation chair and dct did not mention any concerns after viewing my materials but maybe they don’t care. Thanks for letting me vent :(
Gosh this feels like ****... I'm so so so sorry to hear about this.. you are absolutely not alone... My more advanced classmates told me that all we need is 3 interviews and we're in good standing to match... so even if you get 12 rejections, all you need 3, right?

Official Site Name: VA Maryland Health Care System
Speciality Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsych
Date Invitation Received: 11/19/21
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email): Generic Email
Interview Dates Offered: January 13, 20, 27.
Ah congrats!!! Has anyone else heard from the VA Maryland??? I'm hoping against hope that they didn't send all of theirs on Friday and I still have a shot

Reactions: 1 users
Ah congrats!!! Has anyone else heard from the VA Maryland??? I'm hoping against hope that they didn't send all of theirs on Friday and I still have a shot
Are you referring to Neuropsych at VA Maryland? If so, I got an invite as well. It appeared to be a mass invite but it’s unclear if there’s a waitlist, so I would keep up hope until you hear otherwise while being realistic that it may not be an invite. 😓

does anyone know if yale's DBT track already sent out their invitations???
Hi, Yale insider here! Most other tracks won't send out invites until first week of December or so. The raters don't have to submit their applicant rating forms to the training director until the end of this week/early next week. No need to stress yet!

Hi, Yale insider here! Most other tracks won't send out invites until first week of December or so. The raters don't have to submit their applicant rating forms to the training director until the end of this week/early next week. No need to stress yet!
phew!!! Thanks so much for this intel!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you referring to Neuropsych at VA Maryland? If so, I got an invite as well. It appeared to be a mass invite but it’s unclear if there’s a waitlist, so I would keep up hope until you hear otherwise while being realistic that it may not be an invite. 😓
JUST got an invite for their trauma track so i feel a lot better now!

• Love
Official Site Name: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC)
Speciality Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuropsychology
Date Invitation Received: 11/22/21
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email): mass email
Interview Dates Offered: 12/3, 12/9, 12/15, 1/6, 1/11

Reactions: 5 users
Official Site Name: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC)
Interview Dates Offered: 12/3, 12/9, 12/15, 1/6, 1/11
Congrats!! I am waiting to hear from two child tracks from this one, fingers crossed!!! :oops:

Official Site Name: Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital
Speciality Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Pediatric Neuropsychology
Date Invitation Received: 11/22 at 11 am EST
Interview Dates Offered: 1/5 & 1/12 (approx 8 am -2 pm)

Official Site Name: Bronx VA (James J. Peter’s VA)

Interview Dates Offered: 12/9, 12/15, 1/5, 1/10

Reactions: 2 users
Official Site Name: West Virginia University Medicine: University Healthcare (Martinsburg)
Speciality Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Health psych track (this site only has one track)
Date Invitation Received: 11/19/2021
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email): phone call and personal email
Interview Dates Offered: 12/17, 1/3, 1/7

Hey everyone,

I saw on the google doc, someone noted a mass email rejection from Primary Children's Hospital. Does anyone know what track this was for? I am waiting for a notification for the neuropsych track.

Thanks!

Official Site Name: The Charleston Consortium Psychology Internship Program
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Substance Abuse Track
Date Invitation Received: 11/22/2021 at 11:08 AM EST
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email): Personal Email
Interview Dates Offered:
Fridays: December 10th, 17th; January 7th, 14th, 21st
Mondays: December 6th, 13th; January 3rd, 10th, 24th
Saturday: January 15th

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone,

I saw on the google doc, someone noted a mass email rejection from Primary Children's Hospital. Does anyone know what track this was for? I am waiting for a notification for the neuropsych track.

Thanks!
I applied for the neuro track and received a mass rejection. Hopefully, that means possible good news soon for you?

For the Center of Multicultural Training in Psychology, I noticed that the person who posted on the sheet said it was a personal e-mail. However, I have seen "personal e-mails" that have gone out to "undisclosed recipients"- was this the case for this e-mail, or was it actually an individual, personal email? I know this sounds nuts of me to ask but I was really hopeful I'd get an interview there so I'm just wondering if I should lose hope yet.

I know its a stressful time for all but I thought I'd share a possible "make you smile/chuckle" conversation I had with a 5 y/o I am nannying during Thanksgiving break:
Kiddo: Hey....do you like circles?
Me: I've never really thought about it but sure I guess I like them!
Kiddo: Well, butts are circles so you like butts! You're gross!
Me: :wacky:

The kid logic I am being served this week has been humbling and a welcomed distraction from interview emails lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone heard from the following tracks from the following places?
UCLA - Semel Institute - Major Mental Illness Track
Charleston Consortium Internship - Adult Psychopathology Track
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences - Focused Trauma Recovery and Justice

Hi everyone!

Has any of you ever received a notification saying that you are not being offered an interview but you are still being ranked? I am just curious about your thoughts and feelings on that.

Hi everyone!

Has any of you ever received a notification saying that you are not being offered an interview but you are still being ranked? I am just curious about your thoughts and feelings on that.
Not sure if you got that message from OUHSC but I've heard they do this every year!

Hi everyone!

Some sites do this. For the ones that I am familiar with, it generally means you may not be in the first tier of applicants, but they will still rank you.

Not sure if you got that message from OUHSC but I've heard they do this every year!
Yes, the notification was from OUHSC :)
Some sites do this. For the ones that I am familiar with, it generally means you may not be in the first tier of applicants, but they will still rank you.
That's what I suspected. I realize that sites cannot say anything about how they rank, so I appreciate your reply. Thank you!

Official Site Name: KU School of Medicine - Wichita
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Clinical Child
Date Invitation Received: 11/22
Interview Dates Offered: 1/7, 1/21, 1/28

Did anyone apply to/hear back from any Canadian sites? Specifically The Royal, CAMH, London consortium, and the Ottawa hospital. I don't see any on the spreadsheet, so I'm guessing this forum is only for US sites.

Did anyone apply to/hear back from any Canadian sites? Specifically The Royal, CAMH, London consortium, and the Ottawa hospital. I don't see any on the spreadsheet, so I'm guessing this forum is only for US sites.
I believe, all of the Canadian sites send out notifications on the same day. I think, during December. (not sure what day)

Someone from St Joseph's in Canada spoke during the ABCT internship panel, and she said that Canadian sites all agreed to send out interview notifications on the same date in early December. Not sure what the specific date is, though. I applied to CAMH and one other, and haven't heard back.

Someone from St Joseph's in Canada spoke during the ABCT internship panel, and she said that Canadian sites all agreed to send out interview notifications on the same date in early December. Not sure what the specific date is, though. I applied to CAMH and one other, and haven't heard back.
I applied to Alberta Children's Hospital and haven't heard back yet.

Thank you guys for responding to this- I had no idea they would all come out on the same day. Oh boy.

Also, feel free to add them to the spreadsheet! It might help other people who are wondering the same thing.

Thank you guys for responding to this- I had no idea they would all come out on the same day. Oh boy.
Also- I think the day we hear back from all of them may be 12/3 because that's the date all 4 of the sites I applied to have on their APPIC page for interview notification

Official Site Name: The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Integrated Behavioral Health track
Date Invitation Received: 11/22/2021 at 3:15 PM EST
Interview Dates Offered: 12/17 & 1/14

Thank you all for your kind words of support. Sorry I am not replying to each one individually. I am still new to this site and forums in general.

I was really hopeful to hear from the Charleston consortium but it looks like all invitations went out earlier today :/

Ugh another rejection on its way :(

• Care
Official Site Name: Nebraska Internship Consortium in Professional Psychology (NICPP)
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Boys Town & Munroe-Meyer Institute (MMI)
Date Invitation Received: 11/22/2021
Interview Dates Offered: 1/10 (for Boys Town) & 1/14 (for MMI)

It looks like people have heard back from Nemours Children's Hospital (yay - Congrats!!!) Has anyone heard about the Child Clinical & Community Track? I see the other two (Peds & IBH) on the spreadsheet. Just wondering. TIA

• Care
Official Site Name: Sepulveda VA
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): General
Date Invitation Received: 11/21/2021
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email): Mass Email
Interview Dates Offered: 1/4, 1/7, 1/11 & 1/14

Looks like invites were sent out for the Pediatric track as well as the clinical child track for Univ of Florida HSC? Did anyone receive a rejection specifically for the Pediatric track? Google sheet notes something about a general rejection letter.

Congrats to all receiving invites!!

It looks like people have heard back from Nemours Children's Hospital (yay - Congrats!!!) Has anyone heard about the Child Clinical & Community Track? I see the other two (Peds & IBH) on the spreadsheet. Just wondering. TIA
I also applied to the Child Clinical and Community track and have not heard back yet 🤞

• Care
Official Site Name: The Charleston Consortium Psychology Internship Program
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): They didn't specify, I applied to the Child, Traumatic Stress, and Generalist tracks
Date Invitation Received: 11/22/2021 at 10:54 AM CST
Interview Dates Offered:
Fridays: December 10th, 17th; January 7th, 14th, 21st
Mondays: December 6th, 13th; January 3rd, 10th, 24th
Saturday: January 15th

Did anyone hear from UCLA adult Neuro today? Looks like lots of other tracks sent invites today.

Thank you all for your kind words of support. Sorry I am not replying to each one individually. I am still new to this site and forums in general.

I was really hopeful to hear from the Charleston consortium but it looks like all invitations went out earlier today :/

Ugh another rejection on its way :(
Charleston Consortium’s site explicitly says that they do theirs on a rolling basis and to not worry if you haven’t gotten an invite yet, as they might not have gotten to your application yet - don’t lose hope!