2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted my secondary yesterday … any ideas how long I can expect to be stuck at “screen review”? Dreading the coming weeks as the previous responses on here indicate this might take a super long time.

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted my secondary yesterday … any ideas how long I can expect to be stuck at “screen review”? Dreading the coming weeks as the previous responses on here indicate this might take a super long time.
Over 2-3 months probably. I’m still in screening and it’s been two months

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the acceptance call so I'm guessing the first couple of batches are rolling out soon to those waiting to hear back. Good luck to everyone applying and waiting!!

Look at that! I was just marked complete. Secondary was submitted 8/16.

Question for those who interviewed: How quickly after being marked complete were you able to see the interview tab on your profile? Did the tab appear before or after the phone call/email?

Reactions: 1 user

Question for those who interviewed: How quickly after being marked complete were you able to see the interview tab on your profile? Did the tab appear before or after the phone call/email?
I'm in the exact same boat, congrats for getting complete today as well! WOndering the same

Its best to take advice from current/past students when picking schools. That's what I've learned this cycle
I urge you to read the thread closer, this was a current/past student

I urge you to read the thread closer, this was a current/past student
That's what I meant. Just saw in the comments that people chose schools based off opinions of those who aren't students

That's what I meant. Just saw in the comments that people chose schools based off opinions of those who aren't students
Ah yes that I completely agree with!

Does anyone know if saying you don't have a preference for campuses increases your chances? I have a slight VA preference because I live near it but honestly I'd be happy with any of them. My stats arent great as is.

Does anyone know if saying you don't have a preference for campuses increases your chances? I have a slight VA preference because I live near it but honestly I'd be happy with any of them. My stats arent great as is.
i did no preference. i thought the same. i'm still at screening phase tho.

Members don't see this ad :)

My intuition tells me that prioritizing the campus that you could possibly have the most connection to would benefit you the most. VCOM seems very mission driven and pulls a lot of their students from the regions their schools are in. If you look online you can find which states each school pulls students from. Good luck!!

I am still at screen review, but saw many comments throughout the thread that said the interview tab appeared before the call, and that they heard from them in about 2 weeks. Good luck!

how long where you guys on the screen review before it changed to complete? If feels like it's been in review for like a month already

how long where you guys on the screen review before it changed to complete? If feels like it's been in review for like a month already
Submitted my secondary on 9/6. I was told 1-2 months. The average I'm seeing/hearing for around this time period is about 50 days.

For those who have gotten interviews: how long was there between the completion date and your II ?

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted secondary 9/6. Complete on 10/13. Now just waiting in screening. I'm tying to compile a list for average screen time between complete and II if anyone could provide their dates

Submitted secondary 9/6. Complete on 10/13. Now just waiting in screening. I'm tying to compile a list for average screen time between complete and II if anyone could provide their dates
i think its not complete until they screen. mine says incomplete because its at screening. i submitted secondary 8/4

As a current 2nd year student - I would take this with a very very very very fine grain of salt. Just FYI - a good amount of what you read on SDN or Reddit is not factual or is only true for a singular student.

To back my own claim:
1. the attendance policy is currently 70% (used to be 80%) and always have been at VCOM. It was made explicitly clear to all students that this was only done away with during COVID-19 repercussions.
2. block calendars were removed from the VCOM webpages to protect the security and confidentiality of students and their daily schedules.
3. promotion board is a fantastic thing that allows students a second chance to advance in the VCOM curriculum if they fail a course.
4. This statement/claim: "Students are being accused of bad professionalism and asked to sign confidentiality agreements." is completely false.
5. The 2-3x exam week is not what you would expect. While yes - it is hard and yes we all get burnt out. It is doable and I am learning very well as compared to some of my other colleagues at Pass/Fail institutions.

Additionally, ECE's were brought back this year for all second-year students at all VCOM locations. Therefore, we only have class Monday-Thursday and exams on Tuesday and Thursdays. Students have really enjoyed their ECE's so far and it serves as a great way for 2nd year VCOM students to get engaged in various aspects of medicine prior to entering their third year core rotations.

Reactions: 1 users
i think its not complete until they screen. mine says incomplete because its at screening. i submitted secondary 8/4
Once you sumbit the secondary, you should have at least 1 red X with 3 green checks. Then you will get an email (mine took a month) saying the application is complete and it is at screening with 5 green checks, at least for mine. Their process in confusing and long...

Once you sumbit the secondary, you should have at least 1 red X with 3 green checks. Then you will get an email (mine took a month) saying the application is complete and it is at screening with 5 green checks, at least for mine. Their process in confusing and long...
is the screening part when they see if they want to extend interviews or is that just another step before interviews?

Just Fyi, My portal never updated when I go the interview invite call.

How long after interview did it take to hear back?

About two weeks for me. I am withdrawing my "A." An in-person II visit helped me speed up my decision. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all! So I was marked complete on Oct 5. Portal showed complete and I recieved the "We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete as we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation...." email. However, I just wanded to the portal, and I am once again showing "Screen Review". Has anyone experienced this? Is this due to not being extended an interview on that first round, but being considered for the current round of reviews?

Hey all! So I was marked complete on Oct 5. Portal showed complete and I recieved the "We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete as we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation...." email. However, I just wanded to the portal, and I am once again showing "Screen Review". Has anyone experienced this? Is this due to not being extended an interview on that first round, but being considered for the current round of reviews?
when did u submit secondary?

Secondary completed 8/16. Went from Screen Review to Complete and recieved email of completion on 10/5. Checked today, I was back on Screen Review.
i submitted 8/4 and never complete. in screening forever

Secondary completed 8/16. Went from Screen Review to Complete and recieved email of completion on 10/5. Checked today, I was back on Screen Review.

This is my situation too. Wondering how often they’re giving out interviews

does anyone know post interview acceptance rate here?

Hey y’all!

I was offered a II today but all of the interviews are in person for Auburn. Was anyone able to talk with them about doing a virtual interview? It is stated clearly in the email that both are offered but they are transitioning to in-person but I am also wondering if this is a way to see if students are serious about the school.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the finances to interview in another state without notice. All interview dates are for February.

Just got an II. OOS MCAT 50X, GPA: 3.7

Got the A last week! Interviewed 1/18, II 11/21, secondary completed 10/31.
51x MCAT and 3.7x GPA